HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Amazing story mario. Once a few months ago I hit my wife when blind drunk and awoke unable to remember doing it. I hated myself the day after and in many moments since. But it was my wake up call to get off the drink. She has been understanding and forgiving knowing how out of character it was and that I would have done had I not been legless but the guilt has been terrible. When I think of it I still shudder. To drink would be to allow the possibility of it happening again and I can never allow that. This is how something clicked in my head.
    I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Mario, Keep up the good work! You are an inspiration!
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Marios story

mario;758229 wrote: just thought i would bump my story up,as it might help some newbies.
        This disease can be beaten.
        I am still alcohol free and have not had one :slip: or any other relapse ,thanks
        Mario, how can I access your story, sorry for being so dumb
        ------------------------------
        one hour at a time

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Well one year five days alcohol free,it is hard to explain how much my life has turned 360 degrees around, And all of it for the good and the better of myself,today i even went back to further education,i would never have believed if i was told this 13 months agoI still have a journey to continue and i know that it still can be very hard,but i am more prepared now then i ever was.So i am looking forward to the future with confidence booming.thanks everyone for your help:goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Wow, Mario-great job! Thanks for being here and sharing your journey with all of us!
            Luv, Fluff
            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Well done Mario, your posts are most inspiring and encouraging, please continue to post on a regular basis, we will all benefit. :thanks:
              ------------------------------
              one hour at a time

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Well this year has so far being a really great memorable one

First on jan 13th 2010 i was one year pure alcohol free,and even better in my mind i still have that determination never to drink alcohol again,I am living & having a great life,its brill.

second on the 29th jan 2010 my first granddaughter was born,Ava.its hard for me to explain them emotions & feelings but let me say they are all good.

And i well know that i would not have enjoyed the birth of my granddaughter as much if i had not achieved being sober,it feels great to live an alcohol free life.rock on everybody

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Mario- Congratulations on the birth of your sweet granddaughter! Hope she and her mommy are doing well! What a great grandfather you will be!
                  Luv, Fluff
                  It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Mario

Huge conrads my friend on the 1 year and your Grandaughter. 1 year is a NICE add on to your story

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Mario, you are one of the most inspirational people I have had the pleasure of meeting.
                      Your granddaughter is a lucky little lady having you for her granda.
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Hey Joe what a lovely footnote to your story, I wish you continued success my friend.
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Bravo Mario!!
                          You are a true inspiration.
                          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

well done mario and congratulations on the birth of your grand daughter,you along with another few folks here are truly insperational in what you have achived.good man

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Today is another milestone in my battle with alcohol,Today i finish a twelve month after care course which included a personal development course,it has been another great tool that has helped me in this fight,i hope to go on to another group which is just basically about having some other people like myself to talk & help each other,i also applied to do addiction/counselling studies in college,let you all know in a month how it went,So far my battle against alcohol has all been positive and forward moving,recommend a alcohol free life to anyone,dont wait till tomorrow, start to live your life today.:-)

Comment

HELO THIS WAS MY LIFE

Great stuff Mario. Best wishes for your studies. Go for it Bro!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X