22 year old dies of liver failure - refused transplant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had hear of this guy, Gary who started drinking at 13 years (like many of us here), unfortunately for him it damaged him irreparably.
    He died aged 22 years young ....

The doctors in most countries now operate on a system of self-help for health. To be eligible for a liver transplant he had to be dry or stop drinking that is for 6 months.

He couldn't do it.

Could you ? if your life depended on it .....

Click here for full story : Please help Mum I dont want die - 22 YEAR OLD DIES OF ALCOHOL INDUCED LIVER FAILURE

I truly hope he has found peace now.

I know first hand how this disease grips you, and only when YOU have it clear in your own mind can you even have a go at stopping drinking...

Thank you God for helping me stop drinking alcohol.
    ?We are one another's angels?
    Sober since 29/04/2007

OMG What a tragedy.

And yes...I could do it. My recent smalll symptoms have been enough to scare the crap out of me. I have too much to live for.
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Thats very sad and he is so young,it goes to show how lucky a lot of people here are,and of course that includes yours truly big time, In answer to the qustion, Of course now i would but i honesly dont know what i would have done years ago,i always thought i could beat it myself

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Heavenly.....lived in Germany for 4 years. They don't think about drinking (mostly beer) the way people in the states do..... they have special beer for kids. ( I would imagine it's like that in most of Europe.......maybe more wine in Italy and France) You can't drink the water their.....It's a real culture shock for us yanks to see that. Ha! That's a shame about that kid......but age, that's only because he started earlier......this kind of thing can happen to any of us........IAD
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

So, so sad. And looking at him and the other guy who did get a transplant only to destroy it....they look so normal. Oh wait, I have a big drinking problem and people would probably say the same. I still have this image in my mind that an alcoholic is the unwashed person on the street with a brown paper bag in hand. But I'm not like that nor do I suspect you all are.....sigh..so sad.

Comment

Working...
          X