NA beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NA beer

I'm on my sixth day AF now (OH yeah!) and was wondering about your opinions on Non-Alcoholic beer. I've enjoyed plenty of it before and it's helped me abstain and feel normal when others are drinking. But, I would slam a sixer of it, just out of habit of drinking alot of beer. I know that six NA's are way better than 10-12 real brews, but I've stayed away from NA this time because I'm scared of feeding a habit of indulgence (overconsumption, gluttony, call it what you want). What's your take?
    "Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must, just never stop moving forward!"

NA beer

good ? trail runner id like to see what others say
    is AF beer really AF?
    today is day 7 AF for me and i DREAMED of beer last night
    thanks for asking this ?

Comment

NA beer

It's debatable. NA beer has around 1/2 percent alcohol by volume so I'd recommend you stay away from it at least for awhile. When I first stopped drinking 15 years ago I consumed some NA beer after about six months and it didn't give me an problems. I'd wait a little while; just my opinion.
      I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

NA beer

i don't like it personally...its a trigger.

Comment

NA beer

I drank it once or twice -- like you say it can help in sociable situations. But really it's empty calories. Rather not if you can.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

NA beer

It would trigger my cravings I think.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

NA beer

It also triggered my cravings.
              AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

NA beer

It's definitely empty calories, and I can see how it could trigger cravings. I just started drinking decaf green tea and peppermint tea to substitute my regular drinks while watching TV, a movie, etc. Hopefully I can develope the same relationship with my nightly tea that I have had with my nightly drinks for the last ten years.
                "Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must, just never stop moving forward!"

Comment

NA beer

Trail, I find drinking water with fresh lemon juice in it quite refreshing and its not sweet either.
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

NA beer

Thanks for the input everyone. It's given me new perspective on the subject.

Comment

NA beer

I only recently did 2 weeks and am getting ready for a bigger commitment. However, I did have 2 AF beers during that time and felt it was just what I needed. They were both consumed days apart and I didn't feel like another one after the first. One happened to be at a beach bar after a day in the sun and another was at a party. However, I think even though we are all so much the same, we are different. Couldn't imagine drinking 6 AF beers w/o the pleasure of a buzz! Just wanted the taste to go with the gig.

Comment

NA beer

I agree with starts and the others re: being a trigger. I gave up AL for months then thought I would have some Low al beers 1% over the summer. That was fine for a while then I thought I'd just get some regular beers and not go overboard. WRONG - ended up back where I started a year ago.
                        It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

NA beer

Looking for a good start. We tend to over indulge 2x a week. He wont quite drinking. So I will be doing this by myself. I just dont know how to be around everyone drinking and not drinking myself. This is a small town with not much to do.. If anyone has any good ideas for me me please let me know. I am ready to quit.

Comment

NA beer

The thought of being near anything even remotely related to that evil, horrible poison that has so nearly destroyed my life (and may yet do so) scares me. I am very near to just telling people, “No thanks, I am an alcoholic.” I think… maybe… someone will be helped.

E-

Comment

NA beer

2brnot2b...how about volunteering????

Comment

Working...
                              X