Words of Wisdom from Bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear died on May 8, 2008. A day I do and will mark on my calendar and observe.

But this thread is not really about Bear, even though he deserves one.

It is all about what he had to say much more elegantly than I could ever say. Funny, this big, burley, hairy, tattooed biker was so poetic and sweet.

I think so often about that elevator he talked about. As a long term abber I have thought about that elevator so often. I love Bear for that elevator.

I got off that elevator many times for various amounts of time but somehow seemed to end up back on it for another floor or two. Remember, as Bear said. The elevator only goes down. Never up. And once you are on it, you are on. There is no stop button. Just the next floor if you are fast and smart.

If B is for Basement which is where the morgue is, then the last time I got off was on the first floor. Luckily I have been able to stay off the elevator for a while. And after wandering around on the first floor for a while, I found out there are stairs.

Stairs are a hell of a lot more work than the elevator. But stairs go up. This elevator only goes down. But if you stay off that damn elevator and look around hard enough you can find the stairs and if you expend the energy, you can actually walk up a floor. Maybe two or three floors with time.

You really can do that. Bear did that. He would have said that if he had lived a little longer.

Good luck, my friends.
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

I've just read through all this & the scare me straight thread & it has really got me thinking, looking deeper into my self - not much else to say really as you all know what I'm talking about here.
      Thanks Mags for putting up this thread & RIP to Bear.

Comment

Wow! I needed to read this today! Thanks for re-posting...

Guy
        Day 2 again!
        "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Mare and I were just looking at the photo gallery last night and came across some pictures of Bear. It is so sad to think about his premature death. He helped us so much while he was here, and I imagine that he would think his death would not be in vain if it helped people get off that elevator faster.

Dang Mags, I'm getting tearful thinking about this. There but for the grace.....
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Yep, I still think of Bear and how he reached out and always chatted if you needed him to ... this one is a particularly good analogy.
            ?We are one another's angels?
            Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

I would have never gotten off the elevator on any floor if it hadn't been for all of my friends here, and esp., Bear. I talked to him often on the phone, he'd call me just to check on me. I was devastated when he left us, it threw many of us off track, which is the opposite of what he'd have wanted. I love and miss him so much, its sooooo sad to me that God took him home so soon after he got his life back as he was saying in his last post, and in such an ironic way. He certainly made an impact on me before he left, and I still talk to my Bear in the Air, I think he is watching over us daily! Thanks Mags for posting this!
              "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

I wish I would have had the honor to know him. Very nice post and very powerful words. Making me think.....and tear up as well.

Thanks Mags
                :l
                Ak
                :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for sharing x
                  To see a world in a grain of sand
                  And a heaven in a wildflower.
                  Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                  And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Working...
                  X