May I ask for your help one more time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About a month ago I was doing so well and now I'm back to where I was-terrible withdrawals after a week or more of drinking way too much! I could really use some support if any of you can stand it again-I feel so embarrassed and ashamed, and most of all, sick. I'm in that weird limbo where I know I have to quit but feel so lousy I don't know if I can! Why, oh why do we do this to ourselves?

I am trying to taper down, but even with still drinking a fair amount spaced over the day/night, I am so shakey, nauseous and tired. And sweaty. How did any of you get through the first few days?

Ann

Hi Crazy.
    Good to see you back and willing to tackle this again. Thats a huge step you know.
    I got through the first few days by treating myself like I had a dose of flu. I stayed in bed because of the shivers,the sweats and the vomiting. When I was able, I drank water and started to eat light food. I took painkillers for my aches...
    It will pass if you allow it to, keep on reading and posting. You will get there..
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks, StartingOver. Did you go cold turkey? How much had you been drinking, if I may ask that? I had gotten up to about 3 bottles of wine over the course of a full day and night. I can hardly believe that, but it's true!

Comment

Yes, I did, but I wasnt drinking as much as you on a daily basis. My last binge was I think around 2 bottles of wine and maybe half a bottle of gin...but that was unusual for me. I would drink probably one bottle of wine daily then more on the weekends
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I drank 2 bottles of wine/day. Twice in the last year, I had seizures on day 3 of detoxing.
          Please be careful. If you can lay yours hands on any benzodiazapenes like valium or librium that would help, otherwise taper slowly.
          Good luck, sweetie. It is so worth it. I'm around 70 days af now. Keep posting.

Comment

Thanks, Spedteach, I appreciate it. I am going to taper slowly and maybe order some campral, which I have used in the past. Please stay in touch, the next couple of days are going to be rough.

Are you in Santa Fe? My favorite place on earth.

Hugs,

Ann

Comment

Hi,
              I was never physically addicted to al but have read much about it and feel your pain. Be nice to yourself. Take the advice of the senior memebers and others that have been through the same. Keep reading these boards and asking questions. We got your back...
              AF since 2/4/10
              Nicotine free since 3/31/10
              FINALLY FREE

Comment

Working...
              X