Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kudzu

Hi everyone,
    Just a quik question, I am fairly new to MYO and I love all the interaction between everyone so I thought I would put this out here.
    I have been a heavy drinker for the past 14 years. I have tried to quit many times before. I am down to half my normal intake, 1 pint a night. very shaky and feelin stressed out. 1 trip to the emergancy room last week. felt like my heart was going to blow up. whats strange is, It seems like if I drink a 5th or a pint I still feel like crap the next day. I have loaded up on vitamins, L-glut, and I have a boatload of valium root. Is the kudzu going to make a big difference with my detox??? Or is it just going to help with the cravings. How well does vitamin c work for detox. Looking forward to talking soon.

THANKS!!!
    Man is free at the moment he wishes to be

kudzu

Hi rancher, for me Kudzu helped with my cravings. Not sure how it would help with a detox.
    For me at the end of my drinking career I was feeling sick every day whatever I drank too. That passed over a few weeks.
    Good luck
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

kudzu

It helped with my cravings at certain times too but I don't know about detox .... was lucky I suppose and just went cold turkey at first and used the kudzu after 8 months .... good luck
      ?We are one another's angels?
      Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

kudzu

Everyone's withdrawals are so different, so again, my first advice is if you are TRULY concerned about your symptoms, get medical help. There are many anonymous help lines out there (maybe someone else can post the numbers) where you can just call and have someone experienced talk with you thruough the worst times. It does take time, and the things we experience change over time, so keep reading about others experiences so you won't panic if it happens to you. I ate bananas every day to help my potassium, since that has an effect on your heartbeat. And lemon water, first thing everyday. Glad to see your beginning to see a plan, and you sound strong.
        Rubes
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

kudzu

Hi - Kudzu helped w/ the cravings but I am unsure about a detox. As I have heard from others here, it is very important to get medical advice when going through detox as there can be many complications. Good luck and keep posting.
          AF since 2/4/10
          Nicotine free since 3/31/10
          FINALLY FREE

Comment

kudzu

Thanks for all the input everyone. I am still waiting for my bottle of kudzu but in the mean time the L-glut seems to be working great. I am tring to slow down my AL intake slowly. Seems to be working, I only drank a little more than a half pint last night. I woke up with some stress and a little bit of a tight chess but as the morning went on it all went away. I am feeling pretty good right now. Tonights goal is for a half pint or less.
            Man is free at the moment he wishes to be

Comment

kudzu

Right on, cowboy. I'm pulling for you.
              Rubes
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
              X