Tao of Sobriety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tao of Sobriety

'I love the way the authors put into perspective the voices in our heads. I"m still struggling for sure but I find their message sticking with me and it helps.

Tao of Sobriety

im going to check this out...thanks schaefer!

Comment

Tao of Sobriety

I'm reading this and really enjoying it. Schaefer, I agree that it's an interesting interpretation about the negative voices.
      I like the overall tone of the book too - it's uplifting and lighthearted rather than preachy.
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Tao of Sobriety

I've read it too. I liked the tone and the attitude of the book as well. It wasn't really heavy in spirituality - it was just the right amount of practicality and spirit.

This book helped to springboard me into further readings about Zen and meditation - I've found it helpful in understanding things about myself.

Take care.
        tw
        Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Tao of Sobriety

Bumpity bump.

Definitely worth a look. I'm rereading this. Second time I've ordered it from the library. They must think I'm a hopeless case :H:H

The Tao of Sobriety: Helping You to Recover from Alcohol and Drug Addiction: Amazon.co.uk: G. Alan Marlatt, David Gregson, Jay S. Efran: Books
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Working...
          X