X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happy and Content Sober Living

Good read.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Re: Happy and Content Sober Living

Originally posted by mario View Post
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have gone through many changes in the last 11 months all for the good,
      I understand myself more than i ever did before,I have learned what was the matter with me and i no know what makes me tick, I will never be alone again,I am just one of many who have the illness of alcoholism and one of many who have learned what to do about it, I am not an odd fish or a square peg in a round hole, I seem to slowly been finding my right place in the world, I am content to face the rest of my life without alcohol, I have made the great decision once & for all, I have surrendered as gracefully as possible to the inevitable,I hope i have no more reservations,I hope that nothing can happen to me now that would justify my taking a drink,No death of a dear one,No great calmity in any area of my life should justify me in drinking, even if i were on a desert isle far away from all you here should i ever feel the right to drink, For me alcohol is out-- period, I will be always safe unless i take that first drink.
      I also have learned to be honest,what a relief,no more ducking and dodging,no more tall tails,no more pretending to be what i am not, My cards are on the table for all the world to see,I am what i am, as popeye used to say in his comics, I have had an unsavory past. I am sorry, yet, it cannot be changed now, All that is yesterday and is done, But now my life is an open book, Come and look at it, if you want to, I am trying to do the best i can, I will fail often, but i wont make excuses, I will face things as they are and will not run away,as i have said i am one among many and i do not have to depend entirely on myself anylonger.

8 years later...

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
      X