QUOTES for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTES for today

"I once bought my kids a set of batteries for Christmas with a note on it saying, toys not included."

Bernard Manning.

Believe me, I was sorely tempted!
    "It's a scientific fact that if you stay in California you lose one point of your IQ every year."

Comment

QUOTES for today

if you know someone who tries to drown their sorrows, you might tell them sorrows know how to swim
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

chillgirl;780121 wrote: if you know someone who tries to drown their sorrows, you might tell them sorrows know how to swim
        Great quote, Chillgirl!
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

QUOTES for today

New year gift suggestions: "To your enemy, forgiveness.To an opponent, tolerance.To a friend, your heart. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Hey CG!

What a great idea for a thread. Thanks for starting this! Here's one of my favs...

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds." from Redemption Song by Bob Marley

tw
              Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

QUOTES for today

His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork."
- Mae West

AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Awesome - she was talking about wc I'm sure - here's another...

"When choosing between two evils, I usually pick the one I haven't tried yet." - Mae West

Comment

QUOTES for today

I wasnt kissing her... I was whispering in her mouth - Chico Marx
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

when a man's willing and eager, God joins in.......
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Giving up a bad habit is neither easy nor difficult. We make it easy or difficult by how we perceive and react to it.

Comment

QUOTES for today

Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

Eleanor Roosevelt :

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

"Happiness is not a goal; it's a by-product."
                            ---
                            Ellen Parr:
                            "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity."

Leo Tolstoy:
                            "Boredom: the desire for desires."

Comment

QUOTES for today

TW - love the one about curiosity!

"Contemplation is the highest form of activity" Aristotle
                              AF - JAN 1st 2010
                              NF - May 1996

Comment

QUOTES for today

'The age of a woman doesn't mean a thing. The best tunes are played on the oldest fiddles'. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Working...
                                X