One Month AF for Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Month AF for Me!

Wasn't sure where to post this here or in justing starting out!

I've done it one month of no alcohol . I have to be honest it wasn't easy but with great support and some great tools i was able to overcome the demon in my head. When i look back the time has gone fairly quickly and remember that the first two weeks i found difficult with headaches, confused thinking etc...but i think now is when i am really start to enjoy my efforts and no hangovers.

Can you guys shed some light on what happened for you after one month of been sober?

Its funny (its probably the booze brain) but at times of the day i think ok mission accomplished but then i reaslise mission is not accomplished i have to keep working at this. My initial goal was one month but now i am not sure how i feel and where i go from here.

I bought the Allen Car book which i started reading last night. I just need to stay on track and not lose focus.

Thanks for listening and thank you all your wonderful support throughout the month.
    :l
    Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

One Month AF for Me!

Hi Overit,
    Congratulation's on one month! That is an heroic acheivement, so be very proud, which i can see you are. Why not do another month, and see how you go? How you feel now, i.e. great, is a great 'taster' as to how your life can be. Keep going! You will still have some bumps in the road that you'll need to deal with, and be prepared for, but ultimately, af (alcohol free) life, just get's better and better. We must hang in there though, to really reap the benefit's, but you can see all your endless and magical possibilities before you, no? The magic of your beautiful life is unfolding before you, and you have the choice to go for it. I suppose we need to ask simply....what's most important to us, while we're here on earth?

Best wishes on your journey, now..........Go for it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

One Month AF for Me!

Overit,
      Congradulations on one month! Wow! If you are like me, one month ago you probably thought that it would never happen. I am at 22 days and cant wait to poost my one month!. I hope that your next goal will be AF for life. I have read many posts where peopel get time under their belt and feel like it may be do-able again and it doesn't work, you fall back into the same trap. Anyway, I am not one to preach, I am happy that you are here and that everyone else is here. Keep up the amazing work!

Comment

One Month AF for Me!

:goodjob: overit,
        Well done on your 1st month and here's to many more.
        For me life gets better and better. My health has improved, my eyes are bright and I can take each day calmly no matter what is thrown at me with a clear head.

To keep it simple it's great and I'm thoroughly enjoying my freedom.

J x
        :l
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

One Month AF for Me!

:wd: CONGRATS OVERIT ON YOUR 30 AF DAYS :wd:

When I made my 30 days I remember very clearly asking myself if I was ready for 1 drink.
          The answer was a resounding NO!!!!
          Apparently my thinking cleared up enough during that time to make me realize that I will never really be able to have just one - so why bother? I decided, at that time to remain AF & couldn't be happier with my decision. Life is much, much better with a clear head, restored health & energy & best of all the freedom!!!

Wishing you continued success

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

One Month AF for Me!

huge kudos to you Overit!

at one month I was still riding the initial AF 'high' and to some degree that never has really gone away I'm happy to report. my sleep cycles were pretty decent although I had some nights where I slept very light, (still waking feeling good though). I still found it important to do daily journaling and study my newly chaning mind very closely. and yes as others have pointed out...it just gets better
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

One Month AF for Me!

I am so happy for you, and can't wait to be right there with you!!! There's nothing drinking helps, only hurts us. I have to wrap my head around the fact that I feel soooo much better when I don't drink, get sooo much more done and happily when I'm not drinking, and I know all these things, just have to put it into play. You are well on your way, keep up the good work!!!
              "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

One Month AF for Me!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 30 DAYS!!!! :yougo: :yougo: :yougo: Keep up the good work!!
                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

One Month AF for Me!

A big hearty congratulations Overit!

I'm surprised no-one started this thread for you to be honest. C'mon people what's going on 'ere!! Anyway good for you for shouting it out loud and proud.

I've had many 'first months' sober but non-like this last one because I had more determination to make a go of it this time. I'd hit bottom well and truly this last time around. Although who's to say it may not get worse again?

I think the biggest hurdle for me was trying to remain focused on my daily routines and not project too far ahead. I'll explain in relation to my 12 month milestone as this highlights the point better. It works the same I think for any one of the 1 month, 3 month, 6 month 12 month milestones. When I started to see that as a destination, I didn't see the milestone at all. All my focus was on getting to the desired place. The journey was less attractive and the end product became the focal point of my sobriety. About a month before I reached 12 months I was loosing the plot to be honest. I was either on automatic pilot taking the scenic route (could of easily passed a few country pubs on the way!) or my head was on overload bombing it down the highway at 120mph trying to get there as fast as I could. That one milestone caused me more grief than any of the others but in principal I was just the same with the others because of the anticipation of reaching the 'destination'.

The thing with destinations is that when we get there the journey is over. We need to be continuing with the journey for as long as is humanely possible whilst we still have breath left in us. So I guess, YES it was good to celebrate and be proud of my achievements but I needed to remember to keep the motor running!

Just remember to keep at it and live each day as it comes.

Keep on trucking my friend, you're doing great!

Love and Light
                  Phil
                  xx
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                  Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

One Month AF for Me!

Congratulations on 30 days AF, Overittoday!

I was stunned and amazed I got that far myself, I wasn't at all sure I could, but doing 30 days made me realize how hard it had been for me to quit, and that was incentive right there to stay AF forever. So now I am close to 7 months AF, by keeping going a day at a time (and it does get easier in many ways). I truly see AL is not necessary in my life, and I am so much better off without it. Any thought I had of moderating originally was partly not being able to imagine life without AL, but I think even more not believing I could ever stop. Once I got some AF time in, I decided why tempt fate? There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe I could control it if I drank again since I never, ever have been able to in the past. I just had to be 100% honest with myself - not 99%, 100%. Accepting it makes continuing AF easier if I even entertain the thought of "just one".

Some of the benefits are having extra money that always got spent on AL, I'm more even tempered, I can get up early if need be without still feeling drunk, I look better, I know I'm no longer destroying my body.

Best wishes on your continued journey! :h
                    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

One Month AF for Me!

:goodjob: wehey.. well done overit. sooo pleased for you and cant wait to be there myself. ive been thinking in advance (hopefully) the same question. great to hear from folk who have been there. keep up the good work. if we are to believe the lovely people here .. things keep getting better xx:applaud::cheering
                      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

One Month AF for Me!

:yougo::yougo:Congratulations Overit on 30 days AF!!:yougo::yougo:

That is a terrific accomplishment! Definitely worthy of the little cheerleaders!

I was still riding the pink cloud at 30 days. Still lots of cravings but starting to really feel the benefits of no AL. My danger point was at 60 days, when I listened to that stupid voice and thought I could now drink as though I was cured of alcoholism. It only took a few days in my case for my drinking to be right back where I started. Then I really struggled to get back on the wagon for 8 months.

That might not be how it goes for you, but since you asked..... If you are enjoying your sober life, I would really think long and hard before jumping back in the drinking pond. (i.e. trying to mod)

YOU ROCK on this accomplishment!! I hope you are treating yourself to something special in celebration.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

One Month AF for Me!

Hi everyone!
                          Thanks for your words of encouragement. :lIt really helps me to hear other experiences. I will keep pushing on for another month. I figure i know what it like to drink for a long period of time, now its time to find out what's its like not to drink for a long period of time - the unknow is always a scary thing. But i will be brave and do my best.

I fear that if i give my permission to have one or two it will take me back to a bottle of red a night and i really don't want that.
                          DG thanks for the cheerleaders they rock!:H
                          Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

One Month AF for Me!

Hi Overit!
                            Well Done on 30 Days!! Yeah! You have proven to yourself that you can work through the cravings and the withdrawls, you have a head that is clear of alcohol.....so, now what? At least that is how I felt! I also think that at 30, 60 and 90 days we can make some huge mistakes. Our tricky alcoholic minds do begin to reason with our rational mind about whether we are "Cured", whether we can now "Handle It".
                            But, the fact is, and most of us have known this for a very long time, Just One is a deadly choice for us. One drink throughs us right back in the Active Disease of Alcoholism. You see, my friend, we are Never Cured, but we can live Happily in Remission, for the rest of our lives! For me, this is the only choice!

So, start exploring what you want in life. Start really changing how you live and have lived. And stay the course, still not thinking too far ahead, but making small changes for the better each day!

Best Wishes!!!
                            Kate
                            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

One Month AF for Me!

Yeah for you Overit!!!! It's a great feeling to know you CAN go AF and it's not all talk. I hope you're feeling as great as you sound.

M2

Comment

Working...
                              X