No easier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No easier

Day 5 and no easier just grumpier and feel like im getting more boring by the day!
    HOUR BY HOUR, DAY BY DAY

No easier

Hey Pink Angel,
    Day 5 is fantastic!! And you are not boring at all.. you just need to "find yourself" - find out what you enjoy and who you are AF - it is an insightful process.. when being so used to yourself when under the influence, it takes take to get to know the "real" you AF.. congrats again..
    Katie xx
    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

No easier

Hi Pink Angel,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
      Congrats on your 5 AF days - terrific!
      Hang in there, you will feel better very soon, promise

Be sure you are taking good care of yourself, drinking lots of water, taking vitamins, getting a little fresh air & exercise, etc. It all helps, you'll see.

Please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread, lots of folks there just getting started as well.
      Keep up the good work!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

No easier

Pink Angel;849096 wrote: Day 5 and no easier just grumpier and feel like im getting more boring by the day!
        Welcome Pink Angel. I'm still finding my way about here. Maybe boring is just overdue quiet time for self reflection...not brooding though. I did a silly thing on the weekend and bought a paint by numbers set. Ages 8-88 so I didn't feel too silly at the check out. I think there are lots of ways to spend being creative and I know I have not spent much time doing that so it is just one way to keep busy and feel like I'm developing another side of me. That probably didn't help much
        :welcome:and all the best in any event.
        Many more will come along to say hi.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

No easier

Pink - not boring! I went thru the same thing. You are going to really find out the real you now that you are AF. Hang in there, the mind will play some tricks on you but stay strong. It will get better!

Comment

No easier

pink, you WILL feel better, i dont suppose you felt too good after drinking either. as for boring, as my partner keeps telling me when i think i am being boring, there is nothing more boring than a drunk, repeating things and then passing out... now thats boring. you are doing fantastic keep it up, it is SOOOO WORTH IT.
            ringing, i also got a paint by numbers, age 8 to 88. errrmm i found it quite difficult, but very theraputic
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

No easier

oi! where did you get thes paint by numbers sets then ladies?

could do with a distraction from the tv x
              The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

No easier

yay girly. i do recommend you go for the young age group paint by numbers (very sad i know). got mine from a crafty type shop. of course it was for my imaginary 8 year old neice.
                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

No easier

Hi everyone. Congrats on 5days i'm on 3rd day today. I agree. Bein drunk is actually boring. Hav you ever been sober and spent the night hangin around with drunk people. Very irritating and a huge eye opener. I've started paintin too. I'm also learnin leather work and i'm thinkin of learnin to play the piano. Get a proper plan. And change your mind set. You're not bein deprived of alcohol, you are gettin rid of alcohol because it's only ever caused problems. Change how you feel about alcohol. See it as a beast that's attackin you and tryin to kill you. It's not your friends. You can do it. If i can, anyone can
                  Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
                  AF since 04th May 2010
                  Fell overboard on the 8th July!
                  My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
                  :crazymonkey:

Comment

No easier

Well said diz.. esp the bit about not feeling deprived of AL - we certainly have to change the way we see AL if we are to rid it out of our lives and improve
                    "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

No easier

Hi Pink,
                      You are not boring. You are just going through all the changes that take place when you become AF. My first few days (okay, weeks) were what a lot of people would call LAZY...but I said to myself "So what? At least I'm not drinking!"....eventually the feelings of boredom and laziness pass, just try to ride it out. You'll notice a lot changes happening, and they will be good!
                      Hang in there, and congratulations on making it to day 5!
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

No easier

Hi everyone, I'm also looking for paint by numbers, Amazon.com has some. Shall we start a Paint by numbers group? Who wants to join?
                        make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

No easier

spuddleduck;849466 wrote: yay girly. i do recommend you go for the young age group paint by numbers (very sad i know). got mine from a crafty type shop. of course it was for my imaginary 8 year old neice.
                          paint by numbers are very important for imaginary eight year old nieces. it enhances their imaginary small motor skills.:H
                          The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

Comment

No easier

jessie;849910 wrote: Hi everyone, I'm also looking for paint by numbers, Amazon.com has some. Shall we start a Paint by numbers group? Who wants to join?
                            ME ME!

for those in the uk try B&M and home bargains. lets have a gallery too! ooh how exciting x

(i'm so sad lol)

Comment

No easier

Boring?So what terribly exciting things did you get up to when you were drinking?Not much I bet.

Yawn.

To be honest the first 5-7 days can be the worst - you are AF but not strong enough mentally or physically to get out there and enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X