I'm ready ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm ready ..

Hi all ... been on nal for about 5 months now and AL consumption has reduced significantly ... been pro active with my community psychiatrist nurse and ...consultant psychiatrist in the the local AL and substance org ... and am facilitating the first SMART meeting in Plymouth UK ... first one Wed 14th July at 5.30 for 6 pm at the Harbour centre Ermington Terrace off Mutley Plain for anyone who is interested .... tomorrow I go for the next phase of TSM and am going AF .... 6th June .... D Day aniv ..... i know we choose these random dates to abstain but somehow it feels good .... will try to post each day on this thread ... be great for any support from all of you across the world ..... AND .... England kick off next Sat in South Africa .... SOCCER!!!!! .... you never know this could be the year .... best wishes and love to all of you fellow strugglers .... pompeyman x :wings: time to "Fly like a Bird"
    I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

I'm ready ..

GOOD FOR YOU Pompayman!! I will follow your progress with interest!
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I'm ready ..

bravo pompey!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I'm ready ..

Hi pompeyman - we're all with you; look forward to hearing how you get on.

Comment

I'm ready ..

BEST OF LUCK PM!
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

I'm ready ..

thanks guys ..... still awake here in Blighty ..... watching telly ..... just to know there are people out there who care really helps .... this is a bit scarey ..... have a good sunday x
            I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Comment

I'm ready ..

Hi Pompeyman,

I can't sleep either - annoying! Good on you for starting the SMART meetings, that's great. They seem very few and far between in Britain - and mostly in Scotland. Good luck with it!

Oh, and I hate to break it to you, but it's NOT going to be year (first sign of penalties and we're outta there) :H
              sigpic
              AF since December 22nd 2008
              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

I'm ready ..

Hiya Pompey. Good luck today.
                You will storm it!
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I'm ready ..

Good on ya, Pompei! I look forward to follow your path of AF life here in down under. Waiting for meds and supps, hope to have them by next weekend, I've set myself a date to 12/6. .....sorry mate, GO SOCCEROOS, GO!!!!

mm

Comment

I'm ready ..

Good for you Pompyman, best of luck with it, I hope it works for you.

Marshy this is the first time I can remember Eng not expecting to win so who knows it could just be your year, been a long time since 66.
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I'm ready ..

KTAB;878675 wrote:
                      Marshy this is the first time I can remember Eng not expecting to win so who knows it could just be your year, been a long time since 66.
                      Yes, there's a definite lack of hype so far, although the Sun newspaper has the slogan "Maybe, just maybe". :H :H
                      sigpic
                      AF since December 22nd 2008
                      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

I'm ready ..

Good for you, Pompey,
                        We'll be following your journey. I'd love to hear more about the SMART program.

As for England, perhaps we can get a friendly Japanese player to score the goals for us. I can be contacted via the shed during all England games (I can't bear to watch)
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I'm ready ..

Hi Pompeyman - just wondered how you're getting on AF.

I'm looking forward to the football; it'll be my first sober World Cup!

Comment

I'm ready ..

hi all .... watching germany beating australia at moment .... AF day didn't happen as planned ... still taking NAL and AL use is still low .... england v US not quite as planned !!!! congrats all you yanks out there ...... things have progressed regarding the SMART group here in plymouth ..... been to visit an up and running group in Torquay (Devon) with my AL community nurse...... and my AL psychiatrist ... who is prescribing me NAL off licence (not licenced for AL here in UK) is fully on board and really supportive ...... really want the switch to kick in ... been about 4-5 months on NAL now ..... when I drink feels like I am acting a role .... weird .... any how ... heres to england and US getting thro to next stage .... take care everyone ... PM x

Comment

Working...
                            X