• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running instead of drinking

AWESOME!

Comment

CanToo;1452343 wrote: In stead of drinking on Saturday night I joined a group and went for a night ski under the full moon.

CT
      How cool is that CT!

Awesome is the word RC!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

celebrate

Did a 10 mile run on Thursday to celebrate 10 days AF. Edinburgh half in 5 weeks time.
        it helps me anyway,

cheers

Comment

Jagman;1475001 wrote: Did a 10 mile run on Thursday to celebrate 10 days AF. Edinburgh half in 5 weeks time.
          it helps me anyway,

cheers
          Just saw this. Great stuff Jagman.

Did you run the half?

I ran for a good hour and a bit today along the beach. I just kept running in the gentle autumn sun. Probably around 10k's ish. Then threw myself into the freezing bay for an enlivening dip. Did some stretching, and had a slow stroll home.

Just had a hot shower and I feel a million bucks. Relaxed. I defy most people to feel anxious and/or depressed after a run or workout that takes almost everything you've got. The feeling is always bliss (with a couple of niggles and aches sometimes).

May all bee's be well and happy.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Sorry Dasim22 - I am an athlete but have nothing to discuss. Perhaps you should talk with Ron01? He sells rainfall gauges AND glow sticks I believe. I wish you well with your 3/4 periods per week. Must be so debilitating.

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for bumping the thread Abe.

I'm looking for a 10k race here. There are a few coming up, so just gotta pick one a couple of months out. Better get cracking. Abe, if you're flogging any pedometers, pm me ok?

I love running. One foot in front of the other.

Comment

I have been running off and on for 25 years, I am 52. My max runs were 12 miles hills but now I am more moderate in my running, which suffered greatly this year to the fact I went from a light drinker....to moderately heavy ! :-( So last week I got my head screwed back on and put on the runner shoes and have worked up to 6 miles (with hills) in the last week. Today I am sore...and have very little desire of A ! running does help me with my cravings !
                Persistence and Failure do not live in the same room !

Comment

Working...
                X