Observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Observations

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way but I've noticed something that really bothers me. The lack of respect for warning and caution labels on medication.

Taking medication is a serious thing. When you take medication, please read the warnings, side effects and proper way to administer it. Educate yourself! The warning labels are not there to provide you with something to read. I used to work in a pharmaceutical company. I know how many years, sometimes decades, it takes to bring a drug from research, to development, to focus groups, to clinical trials, to approval from the FDA, and finally ending up at the pharmacy. Warnings are not there for our amusement. If a label tells you not to mix it with alcohol, then for heavens sake, please do not mix it with alcohol! These warnings are the result of adverse, sometimes fatal, side effects with real live patients. It's not a scare tactic. Pharmaceutical companies don't care if we drink. It's not a conspiracy. The warnings are real, and the consequences will be too if we ignore them.

Maybe this is something to think about on the one year anniversary of Michael Jackson's death....due to misuse of prescribed medication.
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Observations

Very well said k9, Thanks

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Observations

Very well said, K9.

Sometimes we can get so caught up in the Hell of alcohol that we cannot see clearly....

The Beast is a selfish bugger. He can swarm your brain and make you do things that are very dangerous. He will do what he can to get what he wants. YOU to drink!

One should be very careful taking any prescription medication with alcohol.

Education is key. Read those labels. Heed to the warnings and side effects. Mixing can indeed be fatal.

Comment

Observations

Thanks 9 we always need to be mindful of any medication we are taking. Most pharmacies do prints out
        for you detail on how to take rx along with side effects, warnings, etc.!
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Observations

K9 I got myself into alot of trouble by mixing medication with alcohol when I was drinking. It brought me further into my addiction.
          AF Since April 20, 2008
          4 Years!!!
          :lilheart:

Comment

Observations

Something to be ever mindful of..nice post K9.
            "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
            NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Observations

Thanks K9, when I was drinking I would actually take things with a warning saying not to take with AL because I thought I would get a better 'buzz' .......... how scary is that?? and how lucky am I ?? ........... xxx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Observations

I think I just got a little heated after seeing some posts where the warning labels were blatantly ignored. If you can't follow the directions, then don't take the meds.

Off my high horse now.

Speaking of MJ....there will be lots of Michael Jackson tributes on all weekend I suppose...I love watching them.
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Observations

I cannot believe it has been only a year since he passed.

Sorry, but it has seemed like a VERY LONG year!

He was talented.

Comment

Observations

Good post K9. Good reminder to all of us.

Comment

Observations

K9Lover;895089 wrote:
                      Maybe this is something to think about on the one year anniversary of Michael Jackson's death....due to misuse of prescribed medication.
                      Couldn't believe it's been a year already when I heard that on the news this morning. Doesn't time fly!
                      sigpic
                      AF since December 22nd 2008
                      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Observations

Very relevant post K9!! Thanks!!
                        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Working...
                        X