Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets face it

Lets face it.

I couldn?t sleep last night. Since I am on Baclofen, now at 200 mg/day, my brain, for what is left of it, is making over hours.
    Genetics, Traumas, War, Violence, Cynicism, Paranoia, Anxiety, I am sure most readers on this forum recognize as a cause for their addiction. Olivier Ameisen was mild in his assessment of the reluctance for funding of trials with high doses Baclofen. He thinks the Pharmaceutical industries and the doctors in the addiction clinics are the cause of lack of co-operating. I have an additional theory. What about the insurance and finance industry?
    Since the last massive outcry for peace and change by the western world, in the sixties, Politicians, Maffia, Drug Barons, Movie industries, Finance and Insurance industries and War industries have combined their efforts to drown all movements toward peace. The possibility that Baclofen is a viable drug to cure addiction is a real threat to all these institution.
    Creating fear is at the heart of anxiety, war results in trauma. Need I go on? It?s a vicious circle. In many parts of our planet there is war and violence. It is fair to say that 50 % of the inhabitants around the world are directly or indirectly affected by some sort of violence and they live in fear or are traumatized. Many these people are potential victims for addiction of some kind or turn to violence themselves.
    Look at the political landscape now. Everywhere the Palins and Berlusconi?s are arising from the ashes spreading hatred and fear like dragons in all directions. They thrive on the collapse of the financial crisis and anxiety of the man in the street. What better soldiers can they recruit then dependant addicts? The more the merrier.
    Please wake up and get out of the grip of addiction. I have kicked the habit and my outlook is so much more optimistic and secure. It feels great

Lets face it

wow, deep.
    i'm not really a person to get fired up about the world's affairs, in fact i'm an ostrich sorta person. does that make me bad? stupid? or smart? for not taking the world's issues into my already troubled persona as another burden. of which i can do nothing given my current state of mind. whilst i am severely troubled by the war-torn countries i seriously doubt they have the addiction issues the comfortable western world has living off the fat of it's economical bones. i would doubt that African & Middle eastern countries have the finances available to make booze an issue, let alone if their religions allow them.
    so agreeing but also hmmmm'ing.
    as an afterthought of human decency : welcome.

Comment

Lets face it

Thanks Beagle for your reaction. Just a brief comment. Most wars in Africa are fought by child, soldiers d or tribesman stoned out of their minds on glue, dope or alcohol. In the middle east and elsewhere regardless of what the religion dictates, fanatics are chewing, or popping all kinds of drugs. Heroin is a significant source of income in Afghanistan and surrounding countries and most of Azia has a long history with the drug. South America and Middle American states are inundated with coke. So much for the myth that America is an island in the center of the world.
      Take care

Comment

Lets face it

Agree with you wholeheartedly Iv. Money is the root of all evil. Maybe big changes ahead and not without strife.
        Now that I'm out of the closet as a fully signed up member of conspiracy theory gang, I might add that solving the world's problems is 2nd on my list after getting my problems sorted.
        Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 3.125mg/Kg

Comment

Lets face it

Agree with you wholeheartedly Iv. Money is the root of all evil. Maybe big changes ahead and not without strife.
          Now that I'm out of the closet as a fully signed up member of conspiracy theory gang, I might add that solving the world's problems is 2nd on my list after getting my issues sorted.

Comment

Lets face it

Christmas/Holiday wishes - Imagine the possibilities

My thinking as well. A cure for alcoholism would cause MAJOR social and economic disruption in our world. In my mind, that is why governments, pharmaceutical industry, and a host of others fight to resist change.

Imagine (as John Lennon put it so well):
            • Elimination of a major source of suffering for alcoholics (7+% of population) and anyone that the disease effects (25+% of population);
              Return to productivity of the population in the industrial world;
              Reduction in government )jail/prison/police force/judicial, etc.);
              Reduction in alcohol manufacturing industry.

I'm sure you could add to this list. These are a few of my Christmas wishes. Personally, I am getting this through Ameisen/Baclofen and AA.

Can anyone else imagine? If so, please feel free to add to these Christmas/Holiday wishes?

Scuba

Comment

Lets face it

Now that I'm out of the closet as a fully signed up member of the conspiracy theory gang, I might add that solving the world's problems is 2nd on my list after getting my issues sorted.

Comment

Lets face it

No conspiracy here IMO. Just the human condition and normal resistance to change and self interest etc, etc, etc and so on and so forth.
                Sunny

Comment

Lets face it

You're right Sunny, as always, but within a limited perspective.

The conspiracy here is not about Baclofen and whether it should be made public or not. It goes much deeper.

IMO the closed doors and whispers go much higher, heads of multinationals, states, countries, the people who have the most to gain and the most to lose concerning the "status quo".
                  At University I studied Economics and International Studies. Not very diligently I might add, just scraped an adequate 3rd. One of the things that I could never resolve in my mind at the time was the blanket use of "status quo" and the need to maintain it. When I asked professors or colleagues about this I was given replies such as war, anarchy, disorder, chaos: as if these pat responses were sufficient for such a stupid question.

My conclusion now is that the people that I asked had already bought into the "status quo" propaganda wholeheartedly. I may have just asked the wrong people or misinterpreted their answers but the fact remains that many people cannot question this 'pillar' of belief.

The conspiracy in my opinion lies at the door of those that benefit from the status quo and seek to prolong it.

This lies with people who pursue the accolade of money and with those who pursue the ultimate accolade of power.

Comment

Lets face it

Great thoughts here. My degree is in Sociology. That taught me that the root of all evil isn't just money. Rather, it is the more fundamental human trait called GREED. But even greed is ultimately based on internalized cultural values. If meteorites were valued as much as we value gold, then everyone would be scrambling to find the most meteorites for themselves so that they could feel culturally valued and validated (rich).

Baclofen will be slow to be recognized especially because the Pharmaceutical companies cannot patent and capitalize on it---ie., make money and big profits from it. I suspect they might even be tempted to squash it if it comes close to encroaching upon their other addiction drugs of choice, like Naltrexone etc. It will also challenge and potentially dismantle other addiction treatments that are making their founders BIG money....like the more recent "Alcoholism Cure" campaign and others, like "My Way Out.org" even! Imagine how the Vitamin supplement business will suffer as well!? Where there is a lot of $$$ to lose with Baclofen potentially reining...there will be resistance....even sabotage and conspiracy! Sounds bizarre, but where $$$ rules, there must be winners and losers. That's simply the way the system works!

WE, however, are the small and simple force that can change the world! Truth--that which most truly IS---will always prevail, regardless of money, regardless of cultural values and norms. WE are living examples of the potential truth of Baclofen being the REAL "Alcoholism Cure"!

Keep on keeping on, friends. Walk your Baclofen Journey with pride, courage and determination, just as Oliver Ameisen did before us!

Take care
                    Dab
                    --------------------------------------------------
                    Dab

KOKO my friends! "Keep On Keeping On" your Baclofen journey.
                    :h

Comment

Lets face it

On the other hand seeing the sheer numbers suffering from addiction problems, then the first company to find such a 'cure' and licence it for use at such - be it Baclofen or anything else then there is a fortune to be made. Oh and don't worry about rehabs, they'll adapt to it perhaps overseeing administration of the drug as well as assisting reintegration back into society.

Comment

Lets face it

Honestly, I doubt it would make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. Many if not most alcoholics are either in denial, or don't really want to quit. Even from the posts here, lots of people who try baclofen give up on it: it takes EFFORT and COMMITMENT, something which not everyone can bring to bear. It's not a magic pill, it's an anti-craving medication that happens to work a lot better than the other commonly available ones.

Comment

Lets face it

Hi Moglor, lots of contradiction in your comment. If you are free of alcohol since 12 October, 2010, then why do you suppose " something which not everyone can bring to bear"? It surely is not helpful to say that " lots of people try Baclofen and give up on it" opposed to many that that don?t and are very positive and greatful for Baclofen.

Comment

Lets face it

I think ivb and ig have it dead right. Sadly. Forget conspiracy theories. This is just how it is.

Ig's statement is the crux of it all:

"The conspiracy in my opinion lies at the door of those that benefit from the status quo and seek to prolong it."

And rehabs are some of the main beneficiaries of maintaining the status quo.

They will not "adapt to it perhaps overseeing administration of the drug as well as assisting reintegration back into society" because that would eliminate the need for their existence. When an alcoholic no longer needs alcohol and no longer relapses, there will be no need for rehab facilities. They live on relapses and the lack of a viable cure. And they are not going to give up their means of survival easily.

Same goes for the drug companies.

And as Ig points out, it's not just about money and greed, it's also about power... although one could argue they are all slightly different permutations of the same thing.
                            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Lets face it

Hi Everyone!

Hi everyone out there! I am new on this site. I llook forward to some exciting times with you all!

Comment

Working...
                              X