Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Registered User.

Join Date;
    20th September, 2010.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

What I really don't miss

I don't miss pretending to have a migraine when really I had a huge hangover.

I don't miss planning my morning via toilets when I had a bad stomach from the previous night's drinking.

Registered User.

Join Date;
    21st February, 2010.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

What I really don't miss

ditto all the above. it still amazes me how similar we all are. and i thought i was the only one doing and feeling these things.

Registered User.

Join Date;
    4th February, 2011.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

What I really don't miss

These posts have been probably the most helpful thing I've seen. It's like a slap of reality for me.

I won't miss wasting my day full of regrets hungover and depressed, swearing I'll never drink again
    I won't miss feeling like a failure and being disgusted with myself because I drank when I said I wouldn't
    I won't miss missing my morning workout because I'm too hungover
    I won't miss trying to hide the alcohol in my purse, grocery bag, etc...trying to sneak it in the house
    I won't miss trying to figure out what to do with the empty bottles and trying to get them in the trash before the trashmen come
    I won't miss not remembering what I said the night before or who I called
    I won't miss trying to act like everything is ok when it isn't

Registered User.

Join Date;
    8th February, 2011.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

What I really don't miss

I won't miss the hangovers. I won't miss the night sweats I won't miss the brain fog! I won't miss the fear of people smelling the wine on me the next day. I won't miss the wine!!! I will live AF.

Join Date;
    7th September, 2009.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

What I really don't miss

Round two:

I won't miss waking up in the morning thinking "where the fuck am I? for a for a few seconds then it clicking in"

I won't miss tiptoeing out into the main living area and just acting like everything is cool from the night before when really I have no idea until someone shoots me an evil stare and I just know.

I won't miss approaching someone and asking who I owe apologies to and what for.

I won't miss finding new inventive ways to hide the empties (I got to empty computer case at one point)

I won't miss forgetting where the hell I put the empties to hide.

I won't miss waking up in the watch house asking the cop why I was there

I won't miss not having a fucking license.

I won't miss hearing my fathers voice begging and pleading me to see reason and making excuses for me for so many years and me just throwing it all in his face

I won't miss sneaking down to the drive through in an unregistered car with no licence just because I needed alcohol.

I won't miss the fights

I won't miss the arguments

I won't miss rocking up at work drunk (twice)

I won't miss PISSING money away on STUPID things because I was always under the influences somewhat

I won't miss not having any pride in myself

I won't miss living from drink to drink and forgetting about everything else

I won't miss telling lies

I won't miss forgetting who i told the lies to and shooting myself the foot later only to repeat it the next day

I won't miss living in guilt.

I won't miss all the shame.

I won't miss all the excuses.

I won't miss all the high horse fucks that saw someone struggling as an opportunity to re-enforce brilliant they were to themseleves rather than realise that someone was struggling

I won't miss drinking crap tasting wine because there was lots of it, it was cheap, and it got me drunk

I won't miss being at rehab (although I did learn a lot and would highly recommend it)

I won't miss disappointing my family, my sister in particular.

I won't miss being drunk at special occasions and fucking it up for everyone else.

I won't miss the HUGE phone bills from the calls I don't even remember making.

I won't miss the HUGE phone bills from the texts I don't even remember sending.

I won't miss the random bullshit I have from eBay that I don't even remember buying.

I won't miss losing stuff all the time.

I won't miss being such a disappointed to myself and wondering how the fuck I got to where I was.

There is much MUCH more. That is juts off the top of my head.

Join Date;
    26th December, 2010.
    Location;
    West Country.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

What I really don't miss

That is SO powerful and has made me cry, I can relate to most of them.

When I am feeling wobbly, I will be re-reading these to remind myself that those days were utter $@#* and I really don't want to go there again.

Registered User.

Join Date;
    8th July, 2010.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

What I really don't miss

Oh my, these are very powerful.

I don't miss wearing the same pants two days in a row because I have a hangover and don't feel like looking for something different.

I don't miss having red eyes from drinking too much the night before.

I don't miss lying or trying to pretend like I am not drinking.

I don't miss how everything seems so much worse that it really is when you are drunk and then getting so mad about things because I feel brave when I am drunk and will say whatever. Also I have bad language when I am drunk and normally do not when sober.

Registered User.

Join Date;
    23rd February, 2010.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

What I really don't miss

Thank you for starting this post....I need to read it over and over.I can soooo relate. The alcohol demon in my head is trying to talk to me again, but reading posts like this really helps! Like a punch in the face to the alcohol demon.

I love you all for your support!

fragileflower

Join Date;
    21st March, 2010.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

What I really don't miss

I really don't miss waking up at three a.m., dehydrated and worried and wondering when I'll ever find the guts to start day one AF.

Join Date;
    8th February, 2011.
    Location;
    Australia.
    Posts;
    Post Thanks / Like

What I really don't miss

Thanks for this post - it says so much about what i dont miss but to add:

i wont miss not being able to shop because i am shaking so badly i cant either pin or sign

i wont miss having to go to the toilet - NOW!

i wont miss being restricted by the physicality of what AL is doing to me

i will be free of AL