A Technique You Might Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone - I have not tried doing this, but it sounds worthwhile. It's a technique that can help us all change our thinking. Here is an introduction. The link below the intro takes you to Dr. Mercola's website where he explains it in its entirety. And, you don't have to buy anything.

Thought it was worth posting. I'll also put it into the Toolbox Section.

What is the Emotional Freedom Technique?
    The Emotional Freedom Technique, or EFT, is the psychological acupressure technique I routinely use in my practice and most highly recommend to optimize your emotional health. Although it is still often overlooked, emotional health is absolutely essential to your physical health and healing - no matter how devoted you are to the proper diet and lifestyle, you will not achieve your body's ideal healing and preventative powers if emotional barriers stand in your way.

EFT is very easy to learn, and will help you:
    ?Remove Negative Emotions
    ?Reduce Food (Alcohol) Cravings
    ?Reduce or Eliminate Pain
    ?Implement Positive Goals
    EFT is a form of psychological acupressure, based on the same energy meridians used in traditional acupuncture to treat physical and emotional ailments for over five thousand years, but without the invasiveness of needles. Instead, simple tapping with the fingertips is used to input kinetic energy onto specific meridians on the head and chest while you think about your specific problem - whether it is a traumatic event, an addiction, pain, etc. -- and voice positive affirmations.

For the entire article and instruction on how to do the technique, go to.........

EFT | Dr. Mercola’s Emotional Freedom Technique

KG

Cool KG. Somewhere I have a book on this type of healing. Applied kinesiology is an amazing tool. I often use it to help determine the right product for customers.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

RC - we have everything inside us (I believe) to heal ourselves on so many levels! I love techniques that tap into our inner strength (like yoga).

xx,
      KG

Comment

KGirl - Thanks for posting this. I will go to the website. And start finger tapping today!

Comment

Thanks KG! I linked it and will read later.

Comment

I'd be interested to know if anyone tries this method and has success. I'm an admirer of Dr. Mercola, so I pay attention when I get his e-mails. He's a naturopath who exposes many of the ills of modern medicine.

KG

Comment

Working...
            X