Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thursday, Dec 7 (18 days till Christmas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everyone -

I'm up early. It was way early (like 4:15 am). I know I will be dragging later but I simply woke up and could not fall back to sleep so I just got up and started chores around the house (including the decorating because SM Mary and Lush have yet to show up with their expert skills).

Today I have an appointment with the surgeon for the "mass" under my arm. I suppose the anxiety of that could be linked to my difficulty sleeping. So, here is hoping for the best on that front.

Well, 18 more days (that's for you Macks) till Christmas and I am getting more festive. I am looking forward to having my family here (and remembering the holiday). I have a lot of gratitude this year and it feels good to have gratitude (if that makes any sense). I think once I know for certain what I am dealing with as far as health I feel all "holidayish." It is my favorite time of the year and I hate that it is clouded at the moment.

I'm just a bundle of mixed emotions now and blabing so, signing off for now but I do wish everyone a most pleasant day! :h
    Hawk

Dear Hawk,

I just wanted to wish you luck with your medical appointment. I know how scary masses that appear under one's arm or in one's breast can be. Fortunately, most of these things turn out to be benign, as I'm sure you know. I hope that you will let us know how your appointment goes.:l

I, too, had a relatively sleepless night, the second in a row. A riser broke within the walls of the old apartment building where I live. :upset: Two rooms are complete wrecks and there is dust everywhere. I took as much asthma medicine as I could last night but I was still unable to get my breathing under control. If this cloud of dust (pun intended) has a silver lining, it is that the horrid mess did not drive me to drink. Not that I didn't think about it, though!

Anyway, I've got to go pull my kid out of bed and get the show on the road!

A wonderful day to everyone in Mod Land!

:heart: E

Comment

Hawk, sending hugs with you to your appointment today. We'll be waiting to hear what they say:l

E, good for you, not caving under the strain of everyday life! That's what does it to me.....just everyday things sometimes.

I'm down to 50mgs of topa now and really thinking that it's me more than the topa that is keeping me from going back to drinking like I was. It's still early coming down from 250mgs so we'll see, but it feels good, at least, to be able to memorize the nightly features at work again (two soups, two different fresh catches prepared differently each night, the chicken feature, the pasta of the day and the fresh veggie)

Becca, I've been thinking about you, I hope everything is going well at home and with abs!

I'm on early today because hubby had an interview this morning:crossed:

I hope everyone has a great Thursday!
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Hi Wonderful Ladies and Men!
        Hawk--I too am sending you hugs! I have a good feeling that it will be okay..Love to you!
        and E--I commend you too, as I tend to become a ball of stress under such conditions.
        And Rach--down to 50?? okay--that gives me hope---maybe I'll try going down, not up and realize it's me and not the topa that has to be the key ingredient in all this. (I'm glad to hear about the interview!)
        I am late for school...my cards aren't written, bakings not done....all that really has to wait until school ends for the semester---so---Luschy! Give it up---you know we're both in the same boat here!
        Also---wanted to say how sad I am for the Kim family!! Makes me think how precious this life is.
        Family Tradition:
        Instead of putting Mary and Joseph in the stable, we take turns moving them around the house as they 'travel' to Bethlehem. It's only on Christmas Eve that we put them in the stable and Christmas morning when we put Baby Jesus in the manger...With my kids, Mary and Joseph have traveled to some pretty funny places in our house: the fridge, the end of their beds..I know God does have a sense of humor.
        Love you all so!!
        sm-mary

Comment

Family Tradition

My husband reads "twas the night before Christmas" every Christmas Eve before we put the kids to bed.

It's really very cute to see even my 14 year old cuddled up to hear it again and again!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/161202=233-attachment.jpg[/img]
          :h :h :h :h

Comment

Hi everybody! Hawk, my prayers are with you. I know how scary that type of situation can be. I have suffered from fibrocystic disease of the breast since my teens (which is exacerbated by all the caffeine I drink). When I was 24 they found a tumor in my left breast. My GYN wanted me to have it surgically removed. My GP had me get another opinion and they recommended doing nothing as it was benign. It has been over 25 years, and it is still nestled nicely in there with the rest of the cysts. I will be thinking of you today and wishing you the best!

Eustacia, I am sorry to hear about your apartment and sure am proud of you for not running to a drink -- I don't think I would have done so well!! Even though I have a law degree, I dont practice law, so don't take this as legal advice. But you might want to consult someone because if there is damage to your apartment building that is causing hazard to your health, I believe in many states the landlord is liable for temporary housing -- call your Health Department or an attorney friend if you have one -- just a thought.

Imagine, I wish you and your husband luck with his interview today!

Paul -- a belated Happy Birthday!!!

Well, my son left this morning for Princeton for his Model UN conference. There were ten of them from his school that were accepted. So last night I bought apple and orange juice, as well as cokes and sprite, and baked 150 cookies (oatmeal, chocolate chip, and peanut butter) for them to snack on during the bus ride. I miss him already!! He was so excited that I at least have a warm and fuzzy feeling about what a happy time this is for him.

So, today I am going to be working on preparing my radio show for tomorrow -- I'll be discussing the controversial issue of commercial fishing (can't let them take away my salmon now can I!!!). All kidding aside, there needs to be a balance though because there is a lot of abuse in the fishing industry these days. Leave it to me to get in the middle of a hot topic!!

Hope all of you have a great day!!!
            Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Good morning all!!

Hawk- I am wishing you the best at the doctor's. I too have a good feeling all will be ok!!

E.- from one asthma sufferer to another...I feel your pain!! Kudos to you for not having a drink!!

Imagine...I only wish I could go down on the Topa...I have been too afraid to try...but if I can get a little better success here I may be following in your footsteps shortly...let's hope!

soccor mom, fan...I wish I could share the holiday traditions....we have a few...but being Jewish, this time of year is much quitier at our house. The menorah is wonderful, but not quite as pretty as a christmas tree. Definately easier to get the house ready though

Mighty mouse...that is awesome about your son...He must be quite the brainiac! Hey, while at Princeton, maybe he will bump into my niece...she is a Junior there (our family brainiac!) I can't believe you have a radio show...that is so awesome...Where can you be heard?

Well, nice quiet day for me here. After working many years in a school setting, long days, starting early in the AM, this is such a transitional year. Since I am starting out on my own doing private testing, I still have many days where I am just.....off. Nice...but definately not what I have been used to. Of course I COULD be using the extra time to get back to the GYM!!!! (sigh)...

I was sooo sad to hear the news about Mr. Kim. I too was hoping for the ultimate miracle that this whole family would be ok. It is just tragic. Definately helps me to remember to appreciate my own wonderful husband and kids.

Well, I am off...Have a great Thursday everyone!!
              formerly known as bak310

Comment

Hawk, I am sorry you are having that hanging over your head. There is nothing more unnerving than health problems and not having definitive answers. Please let us know what the surgeon says, okay?

SM, that is the funniest tradition I have ever heard. I love it and may adopt it this year. BTW, are you admitting defeat and crowning me the Mistress of Christmas? Okay, my cards are not done and my tree is not up yet but my house does look like a winter wonderland with all of the other half-lit decorations. Perhaps we will declare it a tie.

Fan, glad to see you today. Your kids sure keep you busy. Jen assured me she would get your shopping and mine done as well. What a friend she is.

Bak, my work is dried up this time of year too. Some days I like it and, like you, I keep thinking I need to be out exercising but then I find every excuse in the book not to.

Rachele, I am glad your mental functioning is coming back. You should use that santa as your avatar. I love it.

Allie, I want to hear your funny story from last night you did not share. And Becca, hope you are doing okay. We would love to hear how you are doing.

Hugs to all I forgot and all that post later. Waves, where are you after calling me the Queen of Tarts? Hmmmm?????
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi All, (can't say morning because its 17.35 here, so it's almost evening... ) I've decided to leave the bikers and come home to you lot........ they just tired me out............. LOL, if anyone want's to help me out with them tho, I could be persuaded to give it another try...............

Anyway hope that you are all well.

Hawk, All the best for your appointment, my prayers are with you :l

E- You are soooo strong, well done for not drinking under such stress

Rach, thanks for your help with the pictures.

Sm-mary I love the Mary & Joseph idea I might just have to steal it if that's OK

MM - good luck for the radio show, hope it goes well.

Fan, did you see the photo of you that I posted yesterday

BAK310, make the most of your quiet day & relax

Senior Lush, hope you are OK.

A big hug :l to everyone else

Love Paula xx
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Hello all, love the Christmas stories. They are so sweet and they do bring memories so many years later.

Hawk, you are in my prayers. Lots of times it is benign. I am sure that is part of not sleeping well last night.

Rach, so glad he has an interview, crossing my fingers and toes on that. glad to hear you are doing well on lower topa. I think for me it was making up my mind more than a physical thing. That's were the CD's were so helpful to me.

E, great job, I am so sorry about the dust as it puts such stress on your health and well being with asthma.

Paula, welcome back - can't even comment on the photo as I am on a Mac and your photo came through broken for me, though I see where it was located.

Beth, I finally figured out over the years if there is a quiet time grab it because you more than make up for it during the crazed busy times!

SM Mary and Lush - maybe it's a draw . . you all have forced me to start writing the Christmas cards. Now we can all possibly count on Jen as a personal shopper between her case load etc. Jen, how's that sound?

Fan, kid stuff is good. Sounds like fairly filled up evening. Sorry about the night before Christmas stories . . . because they are older, or because you do not get them on Christmas Eve? I know this single thing is tough, I do understand. Way too many times of not having them for special occasions.

MM, congrats on your son. I know it will be a great experience for him.

Judie hope the code in your node is going!

Back to work, I don't see getting outta here tonight.

Love you all,
                    Mary

Comment

Hi all

You will never guess what I saw on my way home from the Christmas school show. A car number plate with the following registration number

L 100 USH

Honestly, I nearly honked at the car to stop to tell them to add another zero to it!

The queen of tarts is of course the most wonderful title that a royal personage can be awarded! If you do not count
                      the Mistress of Christmess.

I am sorry to hear about Mr. Kim but was somehow not over surprised after looking at the terrain and conditions. The trouble is it won't be just the one Christmas that will be spoiled for this family.

Hawk, I hope that your meeting with the consultant went well for you.

E- thinking of you.

MM, Your son is lucky to have a mum that can rustle up goodies so easily.

Becca, keep strong.:l

Fan and SM- If God has not a sense of humour I think most of us will be in a spot of bother!!!

Mack, hope things are ok.

Mary- is the back still holding up?

Everyone else I send you love as always.

Waves x

PS Everyone said the show was superb and the singing was lovely.
                      Enough is enough

Comment

Mary

The photo was of 5 REALLY hunky guys, sorry to you and everyone else that thought I was really leaving, but If you had seen the photo you would have understood the joke.

Love Paula xx
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

Evening All,
                          It's 20:47 here. Ive just settled down after a hectic but enjoyable day.
                          Hawk...good luck with your medical appointment. I really hope everthing went well for you. I too have been having strange sleeping patterns recently. They're not unpleasant, just different. I am going to bed earlier and getting up much earlier. Maybe my brain retuning itself. I'll take it as a good thing.
                          Eustacia...It seems you had a rough night. I hope you had a better day.
                          Mighty Mouse...thanks for he thought.
                          paulaW...You had me going. I posted a reply and then Looked at the photo. As you'll find out, I am very gullible. I had a good laugh.
                          I had a good day myself...as I hope you all did too.
                          Paul

Comment

Hi Paul

Glad you are doing good....

Sorry about the joke, I must have a sick sense of humour because I really laughed when people said goodbye as if they meant it.

How are you doing with the Vodka? Is it abs or mods? I'm still moderating, not opening wine till at least 7pm then making it last till bedtime (7.05 on a bad day LOL).

Take care, Love Paula xx :l :l
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

just checkin in.... I am so touched that you are thinking of me. Thank you Imagine, Waves, and all who have PM'ed. It does help SO much to share with you all.
                              4 days AF... it's been fine as far as "cravings" go. I haven't had one ounce of desire to drink, but when it's fueled by the fear of an ultimatum, it's pretty easy.
                              Very emotional these last few days. I still can't be for certain that I'll be alcohol free forever. It does not compute. Hubby knows the same and we're trying to work it out.
                              Thanks again,
                              Becca:h

Comment

Working...
                              X