Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thursday, Dec 7 (18 days till Christmas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Christmas tradition--and I've never heard of anyone else who did this. The last thing we do Christmas eve is watch Monty Python's Life of Brian. I always fall asleep just after the stoning and wake up at "Always look on the bright side of Life." My son, who is 35, has taken his copy of the movie with him wherever he has lived, and he has called from wherever he is to play the beginning into the phone.

Also, Christmas stress. E has had her building in ruins, and I am redoing the kitchen, but it's coming together slowly. But still, until the house is properly put back together, I'm not ready for decorating, except for the lights outside, of course.

MM, model UN is a great program. We do it at our school, too, but your son's team must be very good if they are going to Princeton. Is that a national model UN?

I have spent the last week and a half grading rough drafts of 10-page papers. I don't want to think about Catch-22 or Beloved or the Dubliners for a while. Unfortunately, the final drafts will be coming in on Tuesday. I have to remind myself that this is what accountants experience as tax time, and there is such a thing as summer.

Hawk, I had a tiny lump removed last year, so I understand a little of your anxiety. It's that waiting part that is so ghastly. Hope everything went well.

Santa is breathing down my neck, and I have to breathe right back.

Love, Sophie

Comment

Hi everybody! Had to work really late last night and then had a romantic dinner with hubbie. Didn't get to check the board much. Thank you all for your compliments! You are all so kind and so wonderful! Sophie, the Model UN is a national one. My son's school is representing Chile. He has also been accepted to the Model UN at Johns Hopkins, which occurs in the spring. He attended that one last year, where he represented Pakistan. Hopkins is also a national conference, but there are a lot more students who attend Hopkins than Princeton. I'm not sure why the criteria is so much more strict?

Hope you all had a pleasant day yesterday!

MM
      Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Working...
      X