Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, December 8

Hi all,

Just thought I'd jump in and say hi. (Thanks Olly for inviting me!)

I've been on the boards for quite a while but think it's time to really start incorporating some exercise and better diet practices into my program. Most days I don't have cravings any more, but they do still crop up from time to time and scare the crap out of me! I'm also still trying to find a sense of equilibrium, both physically and mentally. I think exercise and diet might help me with that. So I'll be checking in here daily, as I do the Long Term Abs forum.

Just very quickly, I'll say that I've been a bump on a log all my life: ZERO exercise. In spite of that I've been blessed with decent health and I'm not in terrible shape. I am not overweight but my diet could be a lot better. Since I'm single I tend to eat out a lot, eat a lot of fast food or prepared/frozen foods, etc. I also drink too much coffee and often skip breakfast and/or lunch. I learned a few years back that I am hypersensitive to sugar so I pretty much cut that out of my diet a long time ago. I don't really care that much for red meat but I must admit I love Taco Bell and other foods that aren't all that good for me....

So I'll be sharing my progress here and asking for advice along the way!! You guys amaze me with your workouts and personal trainers and all that.

Mike
    "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Friday, December 8

Mike, welcome to the diet and exercise area! Olly is terrific and has many great ideas. Olly referred us to Sparkspeople.com -- I joined there yesterday (it is really cool) -- you might want to check it out. Also, if you aren't already on an exercise program, you might want to just start out by taking a walk 20 to 30 minutes a day. Start slow and build up. According to the American Medical Association, it is one of the best ways to exercise -- I've been using it for years, though I do other things as well. I like it because I can put on my headphones, listen to music, and escape into my own little world. It's great and I don't even realize I'm getting exercise!!

MM
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Working...
    X