Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MONDAY... Dec 11th

Good Mornin' Fitters!

Up and at'em! (or is that "Up and atom" Neil? )

Who's committed to exercise today? C'mon.....
    I'm off to the gym. It's Monday and this week I want to get mindful exercise every day. I need to keep those good brain drugs in supply.

take care, Olly

MONDAY... Dec 11th

hi
    ive been hitting the gym for a bit and have lost wieght etc . its a hard slog i guess everyone knows i try and go 2 or 3 times a week .. since i gave up smoking i feel better for it tho . so spirit willing ill keep up with it ..
    best wishes everyone
    jay

Comment

MONDAY... Dec 11th

Mornin Olly and Jay!

Today is my 'off' day for the gym. I have a half day meeting today with some higher ups in my company so I decided to get in early. Tonight there is a reception (open bar) and a champagne toast at 7pm.

I'm not worried though. I know I have to get up at 5am tomorrow and hit the gym! None for me thanks.

You guys have a great workout today!! I want to hear all about it when you're done.
      Olly - I want to hear about the stairmaster experience
      Jay....what is your regular workout like?

Lisa

Comment

MONDAY... Dec 11th

Hi Everybody. For my exercise today, I'm going to walk 30 minutes this morning, 30 minutes this evening and dance for an hour. I also intend to do 20 minutes of weights.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

MM
        Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

MONDAY... Dec 11th

Good Morning,

My workout this morning will be Pilates. I'm anxious to see if my stamina has improved with some of the more difficult moves now that I have last week's cardio under my belt.

Cap

Comment

MONDAY... Dec 11th

Hi everyone!

I've been reading over here a bit but have been afraid to start posting much under another thread because I find I get glued to it! (Must be that addictive personality). Anyway, when this thread started it caught my attention immediately because exercise has been such a vital part of what helps me keep my goals with moderation and alcohol. I sleep so much better when I exercise, and so many other benefits. It also counteracts that depression that tries to creep in from drinking. I just love myself on the days that I keep both goals with the wine and the exercise.

So I have started today training for a 15k that will be held in my city in March. Its called the "River Run". My sister did it last year and said she trained from hardly being able to run one mile to being able to complete the race with about three months of vigorous training. So they printed out the training schedule in the newspaper and I started today. Thankfully the weather is balmy and warm, so it is helping me not make excuses! I do have a fitness center in my neighborhood, but i enjoy my workouts so much more if I can be outdoors and enjoy some scenery.

You guys are inspiring and I think I might jump in here a little more if ya'll dont mind!
            I met my exercise goal for day one of training, so off to a good start so far. I was running before about three times a week, but nothing serious like this.

be in touch,
            Allie
            What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

MONDAY... Dec 11th

Howdy folks!

Thought I would post over here, and let you know of todays power push.

I have been cross-training since January, after surviving the pneumonia a year ago. Slowly but surely getting stronger every day. So I have been splitting cardio, weights, and stretching exercises between different days. Recently, I adopted the Body for Life scheduling for cross training, which separates upper and lower body weight workouts, with cardio on the days between. I mix it up quite a bit, and try to keep things varied to avoid monotony burn-out. Be flexible!

So it was a full run of three sets of 12 reps on curling bar, triceps, deltoids, shoulder shrugs, lat pull downs, fly curls, bench presses, leg lifts, crunches, forearm curls, and finally squeezing the little hand exerciser with the springs. A standard run through for me. Got pumped pretty good.

Afterwards, I managed to go through the entire set of 16 Meridian Flexibility Stretches, at 6 reps each.

ooooohhh, boy! I am done! Light dinner of small turkey slices, green beans, black-eye peas, brown rice, and some early peas. Of course, I have a small brownie waiting for just before lights out.

Tomorrow, I will try to run down the road for two or three miles. Out where I live, it is very hilly, and coming home is the killer, since my house is on the high ground. Going out is downhill, and coming home is uphill. Two or three miles out here, is like 5 or 6 on level ground, so it's a challenge for sure.

There you have it. Feeling super good today!

Neil

Comment

MONDAY... Dec 11th

Hey all,

Not much time at the moment, but just wanted to pop in and say hi. Hey Allie.. good to see you here.
                Neil, personally, I like the idea of starting off downhill and coming home uphill... not that the uphill is fun, but the downhill is sometimes the only way I can get this body in motion... to stay in motion. I went through a "body for life" phase a couple years ago... I should pull the book out again. You go guy!!

Have a good one everyone... I'm skipping the gym today, I"m just too flat out busy... but I will try to get in a walk through the rolling country hills at least.

Take care, Olly

Comment

Working...
                X