Baclofen and Anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baclofen and Anxiety

I am not basing my experience on anti depressants with baclofen i never took baclofen and i never will. I rest my case and i will leave at that. You seem to know it all x

Last edited by Guest; October 5, 2020, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjicia View Post
      I am not basing my experience on anti depressants with baclofen i never took the baclofen and i never will. It is banned in some countries and not all gps are prescribing in uk or other countries and some gps will prescribe anything they do not check their patients for liver bloods etc most are too busy anyway. Baclofen is the real deal would you listen to your self ? you are a shower of baclofen junkies taking a drug to get off a drug. now thats my end of it and posting here mr or mrs know it all.
      I am a Mr....

I astounds me that you have an opinion on something you have never tried and quite clearly have no experience, knowledge or education of.

Eyes More Beutiful Than the Famous Stone of Galvestion | Blackadder | BBC Studios - YouTube

Baclofen is the real deal would you listen to your self ? you are a shower of baclofen junkies taking a drug to get off a drug. now thats my end of it and posting here mr or mrs know it all.
      I am not basing my experience on anti depressants with baclofen i never took baclofen and i never will. I rest my case and i will leave at that. You seem to know it all
      So are you not addicted to baclofen now? Its fairly new for treating alcoholism bad for the liver
      I was not being negitive just my opinion.
      Sounds like you are stating fact - Cite, as requested before.

You do not understand about what you talk - Probably best you keep away from the Medication area.

Regards,

Bacman
      I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
      Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Ahh lighten for jaysus sake there is enough knowlodge online about these drugs. You can do your research and make up your own mind what way to go. I see you named after Baclofen have you got shares in lol. Anyway thats my end of it now and no posting here quote me all ye want. Oh its my decision not to post here again don't tell what to do. you are so serious.
        Last edited by Guest; October 5, 2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Ahh lighten for jaysus sake there is enough knowlodge online about these drugs. You can do your research and make up your own mind what way to go. I see you named after Baclofen have you got shares in lol. Anyway thats my end of it now and no posting here quote me all ye want.
          Now listen to me very carefully....

Alcoholism is not a laughing matter. You may treat it as a "lighten" up issue but people like you who trail miss information and to be honest, bullshit across the internet probably cause more issues to users than those who wish to keep the alcohol industry pushing to the uneducated.

Regards,

Bacman.
          I am not a Doctor - I am an alcoholic.
          Thoughts expressed here are my own, often poorly put together and littered with atrocious grammar and spelling.

Comment

Ahh lighten for jaysus sake there is enough knowlodge online about these drugs. You can do your research and make up your own mind what way to go. I see you named after Baclofen have you got shares in lol. Anyway thats my end of it now and no posting here quote me all ye want. Oh its my decision not to post here again don't tell what to do. you are so serious.
            This seems entirely negative. If you're not interested in baclofen, so be it.

Alcohol is pretty serious, and slagging off the ways some alcoholics have got off the stuff is pretty gruesome. It seems like trolling.

I've learned a lot from baclofenman. Maybe it'll work for me, maybe it won't. We can, in all seriousness, cross our fingers and hope. I have a lot to learn from Cassander and Bacloman. If you don't, just don't engage. As it is, you're making the thread very hard to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Baclofenman View Post
              You are basing your opinion of Baclofen on your experience with antidepressants? That is like comparing Boris Johnsons' Covid strategy with a fish's ability to tell the time.

Regards,

Bacman
              Comparing Johnson's strategy to a fish telling the time seems like a reasonable comparison to me. ;-)
              Last edited by georgesmiley; October 8, 2020, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Hi georgesmiley

I'm sorry but I have not kept up with either the research or user experience over the last six or seven years. I do know (as expressed in numerous threads I participated in ten years ago) that baclofen was a godsend for many.

Cassander
                With profound appreciation to Dr Olivier Ameisen for his brilliant insight and courageous determination

Comment

Hi, I'm new here. I recently found out about Baclofen and would like to try it. But my doctor is not interested in prescribing anything off label, he's strictly by the book, like I suppose most of them.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a doctor who might prescribe it? I have a serious addiction to alcohol and I've tried everything I've been able to find and nothing worked. I can quit for a month or two, but that's it. I am nervous and experience anxiety all of the time without alcohol, and it's already nearly killed me once, and it probably will soon if I don't stop.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=24625]Journeyer[/MENTION],

You said that you are in the US? I can send you links to doctors and other resources in the US. You can also order meds that can help. Please PM me, I have been around these parts for over a decade and can hopefully steer you in a positive direction.

Comment

Originally posted by _serenity_ View Post
                      Hi [MENTION=24625]Journeyer[/MENTION],

You said that you are in the US? I can send you links to doctors and other resources in the US. You can also order meds that can help. Please PM me, I have been around these parts for over a decade and can hopefully steer you in a positive direction.
                      Yes. Please, that would be great. I have found a couple of doctors, but neither of them can help me because they can't practice in this state.

Thanks.

Comment

Addex GABAB Positive Allosteric Modulator Demonstrates Promise in Alcohol Use Disorder

Some seemingly positive baclofen-related news...
                        With profound appreciation to Dr Olivier Ameisen for his brilliant insight and courageous determination

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyer View Post
                          Hi, I'm new here. I recently found out about Baclofen and would like to try it. But my doctor is not interested in prescribing anything off label, he's strictly by the book, like I suppose most of them.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a doctor who might prescribe it? I have a serious addiction to alcohol and I've tried everything I've been able to find and nothing worked. I can quit for a month or two, but that's it. I am nervous and experience anxiety all of the time without alcohol, and it's already nearly killed me once, and it probably will soon if I don't stop.
                          Hi there,

I suggested some leads on your other post, although you've tried one and it didn't pay off which is a shame.

Baclofen is a tough road to walk, in some respects. But it's worth it, so I'd encourage you to keep on keeping on.

The US is such a puzzle. You can buy tianeptine in gas stations, but can't buy old generic tried-and-tested medications from abroad...

Just for completeness, I have had very positive experiences with Welcome to United Pharmacies (UK) and Extrapharmacy Online Store . The Russian guy wraps it in foil, then vacuum packs it (like a coffee brick) then puts it in a box with a label for an air purifier part. So...try that?
                          Last edited by georgesmiley; February 27, 2021, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Bumping.

Because.

Comment

Working...
                            X