Anyone wanting to lose weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All, I'm posting on the girls group again.

Other than wanting to drink less, my main goal for the new year is to lose weight ...

Anyone else sharing the same goal .....

I'll check in every week with my goal and achievement, I hoping to lose 2lb by next saturday .....

Paula xx
    sigpicXXX

Oh yes, the Girls Group. LOVE this place......

Yes, my realistic goal is to lose 10-12 pounds at the rate of 1-2 pounds a month. I did this a couiple of years ago and lost 30 pounds and have kept most of it off. However, I am hoping with the decrease in wine I will lose more upfront. Losing it slowly is better for your body and then I do not feel so deprived with regards to eating.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

You know I simply love this whirly girly place, how about we hang some pretty frilly curtains at the windows and get some lovely soft fluffy pink rugs?????
      Anyway, weight....when I stopped drinking I hoped to lose some weight, ideally about 20 pounds, BUT, because I replaced the alcohol with chocolate and pastries to help with the sugar cravings my weight has stayed pretty static. Starting from next week I am going to put as much effort into losing that 20 pounds as I have into not drinking.
      A F F L..
      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Great idea Irish for decorating!!! I really love little white twinkle lights. Perhaps we can hang them on a plant in the corner. This is just going to be so much fun....

Comment

how about some china dogs and doylies (s?)?

I'm hoping to lose weight too, although my first priority for this (new) year is to NOT drink. However, if I exercise more and don't eat crap, I should lose a bit (Lord knows I have plenty to get rid of!)

I work in Kilograms, so forgive me if I get confused, but is 20 pounds = to 44kg? or is it the other way around? so 20 pounds would be just under 10kg? I'm hopeless with numbers!

I have about 30kg to lose, and I know it's all directly related to drinking too much. I struggled with weight loss in the past because I was trying to drink as well as lose weight. That's pretty hard when half your daily calories are being consumed as red wine!
          It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Hey Lush, how about we send invitations to all the girls to come on over here....or better still we could have a competition to see who can come up with the best ideas for redecorating this place....Don't know who had it before us but they didn't look after it very well, did they?? Anyway, now that we have all settled in so well,
            LETS GET THE PARTY STARTED..
            A F F L..
            Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Perfect! Yes, the previous owners really trashed this place. I think we should wait until Tuesday, however, when we know we will get the biggest audience to see our request. Happy New Year to you!!

Comment

Aw bugger to late..the invites have gone out..sorry
                A F F L..
                Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

The only place I want to lose weight from is my nose...it is like a loaf of bread........10 on the conkerosity scale
                  looks like second melonhead, but not water....galia

Comment

I just put on my leotards and am feeling sooo manly right now.

I always lose weight when I abstain or moderate, it's just hard during the holidays when I choke down the sweets and other carbs. arg. at least I don't drink any soda or cola....but still it's hard.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT

Hi

This is my first day as a member on this site.

I myself feel I can do with losing some weight. I am trying to quit alcohol as I believe that it is the main culprit. My stomach is my main problem. Many times have family members patted my stomach to ask when the baby is due. Sometimes I try to laugh it off and other times I lie and say I'm on medication that makes me bloat

I need to lose about 2 and a half stone (35 lbs). I think it will be good as we can all exchange ideas and support each other through bad weeks.

All the best.
                      Love Mandy x

Comment

I want to lose 50 pounds by June. I have packed this on due to a sudden love affair with Vodka and Jager. Gave up the Jager...working on the vodka. Alcohol consumption increases my appetitie. That is a common fact if my brain would just listen. I calculated that about 1,500 calories per day went to drinking. YUCK.

Comment

Hi Mandy:

I am 45 and in the same boat. I am terribly bloated, all due to alcohol...however, people have thought I was pregnant. Yes, I've used the medication excuse, too, so don't worry about that. Actually, it's none of their business. Weight gain can happen to anyone, whether they drink or not.

I figure the only way to get my confidence back is to cut down on the booze and shed these pounds. When I am in shape, I am confident. I used to be thin, and both friends and clients have made remarks that sound like, "why did you let yourself go?' My goal is to shave off 50 pounds. Take heart, we are all here for you.

Comment

I want to lose 50 pounds by June. I have packed this on due to a sudden love affair with Vodka and Jager. Gave up the Jager...working on the vodka. Alcohol consumption increases my appetitie. That is a common fact if my brain would just listen. I calculated that about 1,500 calories per day went to drinking. YUCK.

Comment

Hi Mandi & Rusty, :welcome: to you both,

Mandi I have read your story and I would like to offer any support and help that I can although I'm still not a saint myself :l

I'm checking in on saturday with the weight loss that I have achieved .......

Take care all :l :l
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                              X