depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aihfl,

Glad you've added Vit D to your arsenal. I though D deficiency only applied to dull, gloomy weather but my doc told me even people in sunny areas suffer because they use SF protection. She said if you sunbathe naked w/o lotion in a sunny climate is when you may get enough vit D.

Good job on your progress.

Thanks for the bump, G.
    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hey G-man. Great bump.

AIH -you make several good points but the greatest point that you make is that we alkies must not isolate for long or our brains lead us right back to the jug. After reaching a certain point in our AUD careers, isolation is a key component of drinking. My thought is that even if one hates AA meetings, going to one is far better than isolating and drinking. Just my thought of course.

Comment

I'm all for gittin naked.

Here's a bump from post #82 from Chillgirl. It links to a page with a series of mp3 audio 10-15 mins each by an author with lived experience who calls herself a post trauma coach. I'm no Doc, but some folk might find the mp3's here useful or at least an introduction to some self care stuff.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

why are new posts so far and few between?

Comment

Sinking feeling

This is an appropriate thread to discuss the 'sinking feeling' associated win depression. Where does it come from? Why are people such as myself so quick to mask it with drugs and alcohol? Why do I feel others are tired of listening to my problems? I feel I have exhausted my talk therapy resources but I still feel this sinking feeling. No cure.

Where does the sinking feeling and the isolation come from? What is the cure?
            Constant relapsing is soul destroying.
            I cherish my soul, it is the most important thing to me in the world. I cherish my soul even on th bad days. This is why I do not drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadside View Post
              This is an appropriate thread to discuss the 'sinking feeling' associated win depression. Where does it come from? Why are people such as myself so quick to mask it with drugs and alcohol? Why do I feel others are tired of listening to my problems? I feel I have exhausted my talk therapy resources but I still feel this sinking feeling. No cure.

Where does the sinking feeling and the isolation come from? What is the cure?
              Hey Roadside. I am sorry you are experiencing those truly dreadful feelings associated with depression.

I too have suffered it for many years, isolating and taking drugs and drink to help myself. My answer is that often drugs and drink exacerbate any underlying feelings of depression, inadequacy, sadness and anxiety. Once clean I have the energy to try and find what works for me. Its not all a bed of roses but it is sure better than the alternative.

Have you considered looking at the 3 Principles concept to help with depressive thoughts? We are all looking for "quick fixes" but sadly as you know they do not work.

I firmly believe that depression can be alleviated by lifestyle choices. Not easy, not quick but the good news is it is available to everyone whatever their circumstances.

Good luck Roadside and good to see you too!

Comment

I truly believe I have attempted some permanent fixes, not quick fixes, for years. Now of course there are setbacks, challenges that give a temporary pause, but right now, in this moment, I feel I am at the beginning. Again. And it's very lonely. It's like I have forgotten the feeling of previous progress.
                I cherish my soul, it is the most important thing to me in the world. I cherish my soul even on th bad days. This is why I do not drink.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadside View Post
                  I truly believe I have attempted some permanent fixes, not quick fixes, for years. Now of course there are setbacks, challenges that give a temporary pause, but right now, in this moment, I feel I am at the beginning. Again. And it's very lonely. It's like I have forgotten the feeling of previous progress.
                  You and me both Roadside. I was sober clean and happy (mainly) for 6 years. I went right back to square one in the space of a few days. I really do get how you are feeling right now and yes it is desperately lonely.

Well the fact you are hear kind of suggests that you want to quit again? Is that right?

Comment

Yes, I want to quit again. But no, I don't want to feel like this and AL is a quick fix to not feel like this. Intellectually, I know AL is not [I]really[I] helping me, in fact is hurting me, but emotionally, my brain screams 'you can't handle this! It is too painful and you need to do anything it takes to stop the pain'. It is a strange parallel with the ego and the superego, angel and devil, sitting on your shoulders.

Yes, I want to quit this junk; it makes me feel crappy in the morning. No, I don't think I am strong enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X