Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3 AF and headache

Hi everyone

I last drank Thurs eve so now it's over 60 hrs without alcohol. Prior to this I reckon I was averaging 35 units wine/ week. I've had a bad headache today ( despite dosing up on 2 kinds of analgesics - max dose of each) also craving crisps. I never normally get headaches. Is this withdrawal or at "only" 35 units / week is this unlikely? This is the longest in a couple of yrs I've gone without alcohol - occasionally did one AF day but that is all. I've read that day 3 and 4 are often the worse?

Hoping it'll get easier soon

Sausage x

Day 3 AF and headache

Hi Sausage,

I think everyone's body chemistry is different. I didn't get headaches, but I didn't feel quite "normal" for about the first 6 days. I drank about 3/4 to 1 bottle of wine most nights of the week when I drank. Anyway, after day 6 I felt like all the poison was really out of my body finally. Give it a few more days and see how you feel.

Sending you peace and strength on your journey.

Comment

Day 3 AF and headache

congrats on ur 3 days sausage
      I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
      Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Day 3 AF and headache

Congrats on Day 3! I'm right there with yout at Day 5! We can do it! Sorry for your headache...drink lots of water and take naps. Also, get out in some fresh air. It will pass. It's prolly just detox. Good luck!
        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
        :h

Comment

Day 3 AF and headache

I dont have any real solid medical advice for ya, but I can tell you this. After abusing our bodies the way we did, most of us for YEARS, it is going to take some time to adjust.

You will feel better, but you wont snap back to normal like a rubber band, and overnight. I do think we all experience different symptoms from suddenly quitting the devil juice.

Do what you have to do to fight through the early stages of quitting, and I promise it wont be long until you have what I call the "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh" moment. When the clouds vanish, the grass turns green, birds are chirping, and you are back to normal.

Well done so far
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Day 3 AF and headache

I agree with Nelz. I think everyone goes through this process a little differently. I'm on day 5 and yesterday was the first time I head a headache. Last year I had a sober stretch of over 3 months and never had a headache. Go figure...
            Keep up the great work!
            AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Day 3 AF and headache

I hear you day 5 yesterday & last night I had a stabbing in the temple headache. I took a extra strength ibuprofen, drank a huge water & went to bed! Had the best sleep ever last night & today I'm feeling better than I have in years. Hang in there. You can do this!!
              Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
              Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
              10 days - Sept 13, 2012
              2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
              Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
              AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
              Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Day 3 AF and headache

Bouchard - My headache is easing a little but I know days 4 and 5 could still be tough. I just saw your comment on my guten free thread. Do you find it hard to give up both alcohol and wheat? Just feeling sorry for myself here as it seems right now that theres so many restrictions in what I can eat and then to avoid alcohol as well!!!- I have written about this issue on the other thread and how I am trying to adopt a new mind set!

Comment

Day 3 AF and headache

S I do miss wheat but I gave it up before the wine so I guess I'd have to say no, at least not right now. Keep up the good fight!
                  Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                  Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                  10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                  2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                  Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                  AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                  Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Day 3 AF and headache

Hi all
                    Headache a little better today but woke feeling incredibly thirsty - just like when I'd been drinking. Surprising given that I'm now on day 4.
                    Oh well, keeping fluids up and sticking with it.

Take care all

Sausage
                    Day 4 ****

Comment

Day 3 AF and headache

The headache is normal, I am on day 6 and have had one since day 1. No OTC pain meds seem to work, I have tried a couple. On day 3 is when I got the shakes, and woke up pouring sweat and shivering cold. So be carefull.

Comment

Working...
                      X