Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday April 20

Good morning, Fabbies,

Got a nice pot of Lavazza Crema e Gusto to mellow you into the weekend state of mind.

Yesterday evening I went to a Japanese business event ? man, talk about towering over people, I actually felt bad about wearing those high heels; mind you, flats would not have helped either. After the business part was done the sake flowed freely but I chose to go to the tea ceremony instead.

Wishing you a wonderful Friday, one thing is for sure.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Morning Shue and All

Thanks for the coffee. I do like Japanese food - yummy and sometimes I envy Japanese women for having such fragile bone structures.

I'm doing fine, working hard but my little heart is very sore this morning. I heard from RubyWillow that my Topa mate and friend SunshinDaisies has had a stroke. Can everyone please send her positive vibes or prayers, depending on your beliefs. She is such a wonderful person and inspiration and I know she can get through this. :h

I started a thread for her. I know she won't like the fuss but its the only thing I can do to keep from going mad!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ml#post1300395

Comment

Good morning kool kats!

Shue- My former company hosted an event years ago for a group of Japanese businessmen. They stood in a circle around me. I seriously felt giantess and my heels were barely heels!

Dizzy- I'm sorry to hear of your friends health issues. I wish her a speedy recovery. That was nice that you started a thread.

Kas- your day sounded really interesting. My stomach flipped reading about you worrying when your daughter drives away. I know that day will come soon enough for me. Boy, time sure does fly. I know I sound like a 90 year old woman but Christmas seems to come faster every year!

Sunni- I read your thread. That is a very tough spot to be in and your DH did not deserve to be name called. My DH doesn't even know I'm on this site. I know you heart was in the right place when you gave your number.

My vacuum and I have a hot date today. We have had a few very interested people but they haven't made an offer. I'm still feeling all your your positive energy so thank you.

Tomorrow I will wake up to day 60. I can say with certainty it's better than waking up at 3 am with a
      foggy memory and racing heart. Wow, I REALLY don't miss that.

A hearty hello to everyone stopping, dropping or rolling on in today.
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Btw- Momof3 has 4 years today!! That is crazy terrific! Way to go Momof3!
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good morning, Abbers here and to come.

Dizzy, I have visited your post about Sunshine, and left good thoughts and prayers for her. So sad. I have read her posts in the past. How old is she?
          I also hit the thread about Momof3 and congratulated her there, but adding another one here. Four years! Such a big achievement and such a positive addition to MWO.
          Shue, hmmm. . .I would definitley not tower over the Japanese crowd you were with. LOL! I am just under five feet tall and with my sore feet, I can't wear high heels--and don't need to very often!
          Sunni, that phone call had to be very upsetting. I know you want to help, but giving out one's phone number carries those risks.
          Uni, glad to see you here yesterday and so optimistic. Your program is obvioulsy working!!!
          Another sunny, beautiful day here before the rain comes this weekend. Going for a walk with my neighbor soon, then to my noon AA meeting, as chips are given out on Friday, and I will get my five month coin today. Then off to flower shop for the afternoon. Then gym. My joints are still sore. Have been taking the Collagen and hyaluronic acid, Glucosamine, etc. but they haven't seemed to help yet. Wonder if this could be a PAWS symptom? Taking 10 mg of Paxil every other day for another few days and then stopping. Maybe that will help.
          Okay--wishing you all a wonderful AF day!
          TDN
          "One day at a time."

Comment

Thanks for the positive thoughts. She's in her fifties but I've had great news:

mama bear;1300507 wrote: Sunni is fine....I spoke with her this morning and she is leaving the hospital now....it was mini stroke...she sounds great!!
            :h:h:h

Comment

Good Morning FABberoonies!

Hah! The announced winter storm missed us to the north! Whoohoo! We got rain instead. I'm pleased to announce that we now own water front property I'm totally dodging going out to the barn. It's a short swim to the truck but do I really want to kick the critters out?

Mom3.. big congratulations. Incredible. You are truly an inspiration.
              Dizzy.. good news on Sunny-D.
              Almost, if I offered you a date with my Mr. Dyson... would that make me a pimp? Keeping fingers crossed for ya.

Thank you all for your thoughts on giving out one's phone number. Some very valid thoughts and concerns.

Well, looking at the trees outside my windows gong sideways, I think I'll leave the boys in today. But I probably should feed them. Ok, off I go brave Mother Nature, then.

A fABbulous day to all and all to come!
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Oh Sunni, Mr. Dyson is like the George Clooney or Bradley Cooper of vacuums. Insert whistle here__________
                For now I have to live with my old but trusty beauty.
                AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

:H
                  Never thought of that. The George Clooney of vacuums! I do love him so

Rain has turned to hail. Horses are staying in the barn and don't seem too upset, either. That is all. Back to work.

Comment

hello fabbers!! Home sick again with a respiratory virus. Sometimes I really wish this recurring illness would be bacterial so I could get antibiotics and be done with it!!

TDN-congrats again on the 5 months and your chip!

Almost-congrats on 2 months tomorrow! Fantastic!!

M3-Super to you!! You are one of my greatest idols on this list and a wonderful inspiration. I'm so glad you still pop in every once in a while to share and let us know how your life is. You deserve every accolade you will get today and I hope you will celebrate in real life as well! :l :h

Shue-neat story about the Japanese meeting. I love that you went to the tea ceremony instead of partaking in the saki thing. What was the ceremony like?

My thoughts and healing vibes are going out to Sunshinedaisys. I'm glad to hear she is home and doing well. Very very scary!!

Sunni-you just stay inside-the boys will be fine but get your raft ready just in case!!

Shout out to Lav, LVT, Blonde (hope things continue to go well at her training seminar), Marshy-so good to see you yesterday-you have really embraced life to its fullest!!, DG, Greenie (our cheerleader!!) and anyone else lurking or stopping by later.

I'm trying to get some work done-you should see the set up in my bedroom!! It's slow going tho but at least I don't have the interruptions I would have at work. I didn't go to the NH last nite and won't go tonite. I'll miss the $40 terribly esp since my first car payment is due on the 27th but I just don't have the energy to go in and all my coughing can't be good for the residents. May 13th can't come soon enough!!

A friend of mine has to move and can't take her dog with her. I thought I had a home for Norman but it fell through. She needs him placed in 3 weeks so it looks like I'll be taking him temporarily while I work on finding him a home. she is bringing him here for a visit tomorrow. So sad and I do understand the limitations she was under but still, I don't think I would be able to do this to my kids. I'd rather live in my car with them. TDN is helping me so hopefully between the 2 of us and all our connections we'll have a happy ending soon.

Lunch and then back to work.
                    New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

A quick fly in to say you FABbers are just the best. Ya'll inspire me every day!

Uni and Marshy....glad to hear from you again....we miss you when you are not here.

Off to deal with sheetrock and a deadline.

xxx
                      Sober for the Revolution!
                      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

TURBULENCE
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

you OK Greenie????

Uni-I read back and saw your post. You do sound very good and I'm so happy the new therapy techniques are helping you see yourself in a new and wonderful light. Keep up the great work!!
                          New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Hail has turned to sn*w.

P3.. I think Greenarse is deploying her custom exercise program there. Am I right? :H:
                            :hallo: everyone

Remember I lost a $1500 job yesterday? (Or did I not post that here?).
                            Well, today I got an RFQ for a $6000+ job. When one door closes.... just gotta keep the faith

Back to work. Again.

Comment

Afternoon Abbers,

Sorry about that weather Sunni - what's up with that anyway??
                              Congrats on the bigger job coming your way

Yesterday was my 35 month smoke free anni & today I see my savings has just gone over $8,000 - yikes! Don't know how much I've saved by staying out of the wine store but I'm sure it's a lot!!!

CONGRATS to M3 on 4 wonderful AF years! Life can be good, huh?

Glad to hear Sunshine-D is OK.
                              Mini strokes in our 50's is one warning we should never ignore....

Papmom, go get yourself some Harris decaf green tea & suck down at least a quart of it everyday. I swear it keeps me healthy! Feel better soon!

Hello to everyone. Have to get outside now & get some plants in the ground so they can soak up the weekend rain. Will be back later.
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X