Daily prayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily prayer

Dear Lord, thank you for my freedom: freedom from being compelled to drink, freedom to do as I wish instead of factoring in the alcohol. In Your name, Amen.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Daily prayer

Dear Lord, thank you for giving me the voice of reason regarding my drinking. Not drinking is the only reasonable choice given my history and health. This is my fourteenth day, and that desire to drink has not entered my head once. In Your name, Amen.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Daily prayer

Dear God, thank you for helping me regain my self-respect. No one has any self-respect after all sorts of drunken behaviors, but I especially hate the sneaking around drinking and hiding bottles. In Your name, Amen.

Comment

Daily prayer

Dear God, thank you for the gift of savored time. My struggles against alcohol have included racing home to get a drink, and racing out of the house so I don't drink. I am finally finding I can use my time any way I choose. In Your name, Amen.

Comment

Daily prayer

My God, thank you for the strength you give me in my battle against alcohol. I will continue to especially need this on special and social occasions, and I know you will be there, Amen.

Comment

Daily prayer

My Lord, thank you for telling me you are with me through a gentle breeze. I need reminders of how you will keep me strong in this alcohol battle. In Your name, Amen.

Comment

Daily prayer

Thank you God, for the beautiful world you have created, especially my gardens. While they have always brought me great joy, they have also served as a place to hide my drinking. Now, I find only solace there, Amen.

Comment

Daily prayer

Thank you God, for this opportunity to increase my faith. We all need reminders that you are always there when we need you. You have given that to me, Amen.

Comment

Daily prayer

Thank you God, for the great hope you have given me in fighting my final and longest battle with my alcohol addiction. In Your name, Amen.

Comment

Daily prayer

Dear Lord, thank you for how faithful you are to me. The music in my head this morning if Great is Thy Faithfulness, which we will be singing in Sunday. You are always there supporting me, I just need to ask. Amen.

Comment

Daily prayer

Dear God, thank you for gift of forgiveness, which someone here said is love. I need to forgive myself for the abuse of my body and soul through drinking. I need to love myself again in order to have the strength and clear mind to not drink. In your name, Amen.

Comment

Daily prayer

Dear God, thank you for the gift of gratitude, enabling me to appreciate all of the wonderful things I have in my life. This has been instrumental in my battle against alcohol. In Your name, Amen.

Comment

Daily prayer

My Lord, I want to be the person You want me to be, and I can only do that without alcohol. In Your name, Amen.

Comment

Daily prayer

Dear God, thank you for the healing powers of music in my life. The soothing melodies reach me in a way beyond words, give me comfort so I can more foreward with my life. In your name, Amen.

Comment

Daily prayer

Dear God, the gift of singing reaches well beyond the sounds. It has pulled me out of dark depths, providing a beacon in my life. I am grateful. In Your name, Amen.

Comment

Working...
                                X