10% reduction technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10% reduction technique

Hi, I have just spoken to someone who suggested I try and reduce my AL intake by using the 10% reduction technique, I should have asked but didn't - 10% over how long - 10% less each day or each week or what? does anyone know please?
    Taking it ODAT

10% reduction technique

Anyone?
    Taking it ODAT

Comment

10% reduction technique

Hi Dodo,

I've got some notes about it somewhere. I'll dig them out later on.

Basically start an hour later than you normally would and pour the first glass down the sink.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

10% reduction technique

OOH great plan! I have made a list starting with yesterday and the amount I usually drink and reduced by 10% every two days until I reach zero alcohol but i will add those suggestions too
        Taking it ODAT

Comment

10% reduction technique

Took me ages to realise pouring the first one out.

I always planned on it being the last one and by the time you get to the last one all good intentions have flown out the window.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

10% reduction technique

Mauritiusdodo
            You need to be reminding yourself about this list of your motivations every time you think about having a drink.
            This obviously isn’t going to change over night.So you will need to replace all that drinking with other activities, which means you need to set yourself some achievable goals.

The same goes for your feelings, learning how you can cope with difficult feelings without alcohol will take some time. Alcohol has been your way of dealing with everything difficult in your life, so you are going to have to find some other ways to cope, basically.

You should regularly review what is working and what’s not, what things are still tripping you up and most importantly, what benefits you are seeing. Remind yourself of your original reasons for wanting to stop drinking alcohol and why we are all here.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

10% reduction technique

Mario my list is the mls of alcohol I am allowing myself every night, I intend to make another list of all the reasons I want to quit too I really need to discover ways to combat stress and anxiety, I hope that I may get some help from the AA meet and also the AL dependency appointment.
              Taking it ODAT

Comment

10% reduction technique

Hi Mauri ~

Thank goodness just caught you.

Said I'd have a rifle through my notes and another good tip is to drink a lower ABV% of whatever you poison is.

There's a mass of information in this link.

Alcohol dependence

You sound so positive, keep it going,hun.:l
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

10% reduction technique

Thanks Jackie, I will have a read through later, did really well last night and managed to stick to my quota, this evening going to AA meeting as realised tomorrow evening we have someone coming to quote for a conservatory. I will be implementing the throwing away the first drink tonight too, I do feel so positive and different from all the other times I have tried to quit, I think having a plan is really working for me instead of just bumbling along!!
                  Taking it ODAT

Comment

10% reduction technique

Thanks again Jackie, I have read through the alcohol dependance section and scarily almost all of it rings true, I am so grateful for all your help I am so determined to crack it this time, I really want to move faster through my reduction phase but I am so worried about the possibility of a seizure or something I am continuing as planned, I am now down to one bottle of wine a night and I am actually not enjoying drinking it at all, strange how when I know I can't drink as much as I want to it takes away the fun of it, I am starting to look at it as a medicine I am slowly decreasing the dose of and I guess it is just that, although my medicine is a poison!!
                    Taking it ODAT

Comment

10% reduction technique

Aww Mauri,
                      It gladdens me heart to see this, it really does.
                      I suppose the thought of using the wine as medicine brings back memories of those awful childhood liquid antibiotics that were supposed to taste like bananas. Who were they kidding?

I like those fact sheets as they're updated very regularly. Fascinating stuff, alcohol, whether you drink it or not.

It's quite empowering finally taking charge yourself. You are doing everything you can and using all the resources you can find. Brilliant.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

10% reduction technique

Just checking to see how you're doing today. Was a bit worried about the anxiety yesterday.

J x
                        :l
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

10% reduction technique

I am much better today thanks feeling very positive and planning to continue with my reduction I stayed on one bottle last night.
                          Taking it ODAT

Comment

10% reduction technique

Good to hear your feeling better today x

Comment

10% reduction technique

Thanks Pooks and thanks Jackie for checking in on me

Last night I started listening to my hypnotherapy download again and plan to every night now, I am also trying to eat very healthily and taking a multi vitamin, I feel so much more prepared than I have done on previous attempts, I wish I had listened to everyone before about having a plan!!
                              Taking it ODAT

Comment

Working...
                              X