RIP Neil Armstrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Neil Armstrong

Very sad news of Neil Armstrong. I'll never forget staying up half the night with my Granny to watch the moon landing and those first steps. Can you remember what you were doing?

BBC News - US astronaut Neil Armstrong dies, first man on Moon
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

RIP Neil Armstrong

Hey JC ...... I remember it as a significant event,although I cant really say that it meant that much to me at the time I think I wasn't much past the age of thinking of the moon as being made of blue cheese !! But Mr B was very distraught this morning when he heard the news and it led to an interesting discussion with his son about the speed with which scientific and technological knowledge is passed on. I was a bit blown away by the fact that at the age of 14 he is learning about stem-cell research ........ I remember feeling amazed by the concept of photosynthesis:H
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

RIP Neil Armstrong

JC, I was at work in Aus and can clearly remember running downstairs every 5 minutes to watch it on the only tv in the building. I thought and still do it was the most amazing thing I have ever seen!!

Comment

RIP Neil Armstrong

I wasn't even thought of back then so I have no recognition of it.

RIP Neiil Armstrong
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

RIP Neil Armstrong

I hadn't even been conceived yet...

He was an absolute icon, though. RIP Neil Armstrong.
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

RIP Neil Armstrong

I can remember watching it with my family.

RIP
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
            X