Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 Days AF Monthly Moderation

Hi Eve,

Well I rewarded myself last night with far too much food! Not so sure that ends up being rewarding. Anyway in witching hour right now and not liking it
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Hi SL xpost. Wishing you that quiet and gentle day.

Comment

Hang in there FF. Do you have something you can do that you enjoy, like read a good book? haha, I imagine it's something everyone enjoys, but maybe I'm projecting. Make yourself a nice AF drink...coffee with a special creamer, a soda float (soda with a scoop of ice cream), or something that you really like. I've said it before but I'll say it again, now is not the time to diet or restrict yourself from having the treats you enjoy. Focus your energy on one thing at a time.

:lLG

"I like people too much or not at all."
        Sylvia Plath

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions LG. Just made myself a cup of tea. Would love something sweet to go with it but can't risk going to the shop tonight. Oooh soda with scoop of icecream - I WANT IT! That shall be my reward tomorrow evening I think Yes, I'm a reader but brain very restless right now. Started Kathryn Stockett's The Help yesterday. Sure you'll have read it. Off to get ready for bed to stop me going to the shop! Thanks again :l

Comment

DAY 4

Day 4

The first glass is for myself, the second for my friends, the third for good humor, and the forth for my enemies.
            - William Temple

What can you do today to prevent you from taking that first glass? How about mixing up a fun nonalcoholic drink? Google online recipes or try your making your own concoction of seltzer and cranberry with lime or ? ice and ? lemonade (Arnold Palmer).

Go to sarsamiles thread to post why you don?t want a drink today.
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ank-28090.html

:l
            Eve11
            Share your ideas of why not to drink today with others.
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

I'm not drinking today because my liver is happier that I don't give it something it doesn't like. I don't want the extra calories, either.
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Day 4 of Eves thread, and Day four done for me, starting day 5 and a Friday, so I am trying to be so aware of the pitfalls of last few Fridays - I do want to get thru this weekend.
                I don't want to drink, because I don't want the drink to win. I have many "excuses" to drink today - very many and I have to be better than all of them and wake up so very proud tomorrow. I have to make a tough day feel like a great day - so will be hanging close here...
                Alcoholic - I love your avatar, that is my daughters favourite flower - I even tried to grow some at home for her with no success, but each time I see it, I think of her - then your MWO name reminds me why I HAVE to beat this......for my sake and for my daughters sake.
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

scottish lass,
                  Puruse all of the threads to help you today. The AF site and others like general, just starting out, etc. usually all have Af threads going so you may get additional help there as well.

Good luck.
                  Always love the signatures that say:
                  I love my family/daughter, fill in the blank _____, more than alcohol!

Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Great going scottishlass and freefly! SL Day 4 can be really hard for some reason but this too shall pass. stay close to the boards and just take it one hour at a time if you have to. Here's some suggestions: order some takeout, relax and watch tv or read a book, watch a movie, forget the dishes or any other chores that can wait until tomorrow and let yourself take the night off, you deserve it!

Comment

Scottish lass:

I used to try to grow plumeria in Ohio and it just didn't work. You have to live in Non-frosting areas to grow them successfully. I'm not sure where you live, but if you live in areas where it gets too cold in the winter, you would have to grow them in a green house or bring them into the house. Too hard to do.

But in frosty, cold areas you guys have tulips, daffodils, irises, etc. enough to make me jealous!!!!
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Hello lovely peeps,

Well Friday night check in (witching hour again!). Pleased to wake up this morning having resisted yesterday evening's battle but find myself in it again. I am armed this time with biccies and icecream (for elderflower soda floats- thanks LG). It's cold outside and I'm grateful for my snuggly flat. Struggling not to go to the shop again. Will take your advice DG and try and find a movie to distract me.

Eve, on the way to the shop I thought about what you said yesterday about not falling in the hole. Thought about it all the way to the shop and back. I'm not taking a different street by any means yet, but baby steps. Wishing you all a very happy Friday.

Lassie - look forward to seeing you tomorrow with sober Friday down and ready for supportive Saturday

Comment

OOh, elderflower soda - I can't find that here, that is a treat - maybe I will look harder - that could be a great champagne substitute. Lets go for it FF, and Kick Friday in the you know where!! Hang in, I am following behind you.
                          Al - I live in California and tried to grow plumeria inside as it is too hot in summer and too cold in winter but no luck! You enjoy your flowers obviously!!
                          Today, I have to go to the stores and will buy a bunch of flowers instead of the Friday wine - that wil work nicely (she hopes with fingers crossed)
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

scottish lass;1404531 wrote:
                            Today, I have to go to the stores and will buy a bunch of flowers instead of the Friday wine - that wil work nicely (she hopes with fingers crossed)
                            K9Lover had some wonderful words of wisdom in a post on another site somewhere today. Forget where? But if you missed it this is some of the best advice I've heard for Fridays and Saturdays where folks can really struggle because they think week-ends are an excuse for drinking. Thanks K9 for such great advice:

Remember that Fridays and Saturdays are just DAYS, not a pass to drink. A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up wishing you had drunk the night before.
                            Eve11

Comment

SL - elderflower cordial, soda water & vanilla icecream - yummy, drinking one now, and no vino!!

x

Comment

Never heard of elderflower soda, Free! I was thinking of root beer.:H Then you went and got exotic on me. I want some! I hope you have a wonderful evening.

"I like people too much or not at all."
                                Sylvia Plath

Comment

Working...
                                X