30 Days AF Monthly Moderation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i did the 30 days did 10 more then drank,truthfully it just gives me a headache now,so apparantly my body dont want it
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Blossoms;1481762 wrote: I just wanted to say how incredibly helpful this was for me.
      Thanks Blossoms, I'm glad you found it helpful. Don't get me wrong, they have done studies and there are some people who are not restrained drinkers like me but have a real easy time moderating. Read 5 types of moderators for more info:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f3...you-72934.html

Anyway, just remember AA's motto of "One day at a time". The first time I drank again after abstaining for quite a while, I totally drank too many and got drunk and stupid. So, that part is always a scary one... to think that one may abstain for a while and do well and then go right back to the old ways of drinking too much once they reintroduce AL back into their lives. I think if one does choose to try moderation, then they must be very diligent and monitor how they are doing. If they find they are going back to the old ways of too many, interpersonal problems, etc. they may want to reconsider abstinence.

Good luck, you will find your way out! Here for you.
      :l
      Eve11
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

I thought I might bump this for myself and other newbies who are abstaining now, but think they may want to try to moderate after 30 days. I have completed 4 days, which is a tie with one other time I tried (1 1/2 yrs ago) in the last 28 years. I am struggling big time. I don't feel any better.. I don't feel clear headed. I don't have energy. My one and only reason for doing this is my health, and I don't feel at all different. I just feel deprived and unhappy..

Wonder how others are feeling..
        "We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
        ~John Lennon

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

~Author Unknown

Comment

DipGal,
          Quite a bit of time has passed since your post above me. How did you do with trying to abstain. If not as successful as you hoped to be, can you share any triggers on what made you want to drink. How are you doing now at this point in time?

:l
          Eve11
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
          X