Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mod Hatters!

Hey, Crocus, you still on?

Happy to make your acquaintance! Come on down to the Long-time Moderators board. We have lots of good discussions there, with always very supportive folks.

In regards to your first question, I believe that you can do a search for your own posting name to come back to your posts....

Your tale of your husband's work sounds eerily like a mirror image/ or flip side to what I'm going through.... My husband just started a job that keeps his hours always different and always weird, after years of being very much the same. Last night he didn't get home until very late, then had to start early this morning. My routine (and believe me, I''m a creature of habit) is just thrown in the trash.

Keep coming back! Welcome!:welcome:

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hi Noname

Hi Noname.
      Pleased to meet you too. I will do the name search to get back here;.thanks. So, I thought I was on Long Term Mods, but I'll figure it out.

It does sound like a mirror image! I love that hubby and I are near each other, but how I crave some quiet. He really just seems to need all the background chatter. Two stations at once...all talk radio, all the time, and by 5, the TV too. But...look how I'm blaming my drinking on someone else. When I hear the quiet after he hits the hay, I pour a glass...or 4.I have to deal with this some other way. Last night I stayed up until 1:30. Loved the time and the quiet, and the drinks, but I have to do some things differently, here.

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Have noticed a few new faces posting on the long term board so thought I would give this thread a bump so newbies know what we are REALLY saying when we talk about moderation. :welcome: Newbies!

:l
        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hi all, I saw on the long term moderator forum that Eve gave this thread a bump. Which thread do you guys use that is the most general? I am curious as to what different moderating plans look like. Several years ago I belonged to Moderation Management, I abstained for 30 days and then worked out a plan where I would consume 9 units a week. Basically it was a disaster. I hated the counting and was forever going over the limit and then had to borrow from other days. I'm not sure I can moderate but I would like to give it one more chance that is more realistic. Currently I am half way through a 100 day AF commitment and so I am just contemplating the future. I would love it if any of you are willing to share what your alcohol consumption looks like, how you feel about it and if it's working. Ideally I would like to be AF most of the time and only imbibe occasionally. Thanks in advance.

Comment

The Mod Hatters!

Hey, Bastet!
            Welcome! I have to say that the most active moderators board is the one always called Mod Squad on the long term moderators' board. We have a lovely group of people there, some who really have a handle on moderating, and others who are trying to get that handle. Everyone is welcome there. Come on down and visit!

Comment

Working...
            X