No announcement yet.

The Sugar Free Challenge - Who is in??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Sugar Free Challenge - Who is in??

[MENTION=18688]Samstone[/MENTION] just sent me an article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...=.24520dbfdb33
    I'm so glad to see information like this making it to the mainstream media!

I hope you guys have been eating the way that makes you feel as good as possible! Like not drinking, it is worth it.

Comment

Bump

Comment

I need to be!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Same here, Pauly! I know it affects my health but I still consume it. Ugh

Comment

Well... give it a try! You might find the reward of short term pain is long term gain.

I was afraid to quit alcohol and it turned out to be the best thing I ever did! I refused to do the 'reduce the caffeine' experiment because I felt like it was my last pleasure and vice and I didn't want to give it up or face unbearable mornings but it kind of just happened last week and I'm loving the results. Drastically reducing sugar was a challenge but I sure didn't want to develop full-blown diabetes. It helped to have a monitor so I could see the data on what a mess my blood sugar was when I ate sugar and crappy carbs. The increase in energy and clear head sealed the deal. Quitting gluten was EASY because I was so so sick and when I consumed even a bit accidently, all of that came back. I used to wish that alcohol made me acutely ill quickly like gluten because I think I would have been much more motivated to quit. I hope I'm done giving things up lease: and I think maybe I am because sweet carbs, alcohol, and caffeine are the only things I ever thought I 'needed' to feel ok and tended to over-consume. We'll see if anything else crops up...

Comment

I woke up in the middle of the night and threw out my sugar stash. Woke up because I couldn't sleep and had a headache. Again. This is going to be hard. I think I'll start here: The 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet by Michael Mosley
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

This website is worth a look too.

Michael Gregor has a book called - 'How not to die' lol. He's an American GP/MD who has a free site with only current evidence based suggestions on nutrition. So he deals in facts, not opinion. Covers most popular diseases. (Strong plant based bias).

NutritionFacts.org | The Latest Nutrition Related Topics

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                  This website is worth a look too.

Michael Gregor has a book called - 'How not to die' lol. He's an American GP/MD who has a free site with only current evidence based suggestions on nutrition. So he deals in facts, not opinion. Covers most popular diseases. (Strong plant based bias).

NutritionFacts.org | The Latest Nutrition Related Topics
                  Oh that is a cracking site Mr G. Thanks. He has really nice skin too. I'm also interested in inflammation so I'll give that tab a good look. Sugar antagonises inflammation, I'm bent over like a pretzel. There must be a link.
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

For anyone still kicking tires on this one, I discovered this on Netflix this weekend: Fed Up 214 - YouTube

Also this book: Sweet Poison, Why Sugar Makes us Fat by David Gillespie | 978143783565 | Booktopia

And this book: https://www.booktopia.com.au/i-quit-...742613734.html

I have had some nasty shocks....

I don't like being chubby but that's not my main fear. I am more worried about how I behave around sugar these days. Once I start eating it, I can't stop. I obsess about it and plan to 'score' on the way home from work. When I eat it, I feel this super-natural rush. Almost an opioid type feeling of well-being..... Until I crash of course, shortly afterward.

Sound familiar?

Of course my main fear is how this might negatively impact sobriety so I'm getting on top of this immediately. I haven't had any cravings for alcohol in a long time but it's too much to risk.

Not trying to be a nag here, others may have no such problems with sugar. I just thought others might want to be aware. Fair warning though: Prepare to be furious with the liars in the food industry and what they are knowingly putting into our food before handing it off to their marketing folk to sell to us cloaked in yet more lies.
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Well, [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION], when the tobacco company Philip Morris bought Kraft and other food companies, it brought along the ‘how to addict people’ playbook - they knew it worked! It is hard not to become cynical but our most powerful response is to educate ourselves, re-claim our health, and share with anyone who is interested. I hope you see some improvement in your health soon. Other than the blood sugar problem, keeping arthritis in my fingers and knee at bay is a big one for me. Maybe that will be one of the first symptoms to disappear for you, too :smile:.

Comment

Working...
                      X