100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

So happy for you, Rahul! Your zest for the sober life is contagious! Well done! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Rare (thankfully!) moment of weakness last night. Moving some furniture to different rooms and got to the room where my wife keeps her alcohol. Just for a brief second my mind went just take a sip. I was able to shut that down quickly but wow, even 6 years into it good reminder that you need to always be vigilant!

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! Good time for everyone to review and reinforce the tools in their toolbox, especially with the holidays coming up! Always be prepared!
      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Glad you got past that bad idea, [MENTION=19771]Elvis[/MENTION]! Luckily after all this time AF, our healthy brains can make logical decisions. For so long that seemed impossible for me. Your post is a good reminder to stay aware - and to be grateful for all we’ve gained.

I hope you have a peaceful, even though unusual, holiday season. NS

Comment

Elvis, thank you for that timely reminder. Our AL muscle memory is so strong. I’m convinced that no matter the sober time, it’s something we will all need to be mindful of. The other day I started thinking of spiked egg nog and had to push that out before it took hold!
          You are so right, always be prepared! Thank you! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Just looking at this earlier ...I wonder how many of us are still around ? thee hundred day club? wow so long ago ...the struggle the strategies the help the planning the pride ..important at the time ....and as imprtant now as they were then ..they might not be forefront any more as a/f becomes a way of life ,but never forget ..one slip can lead to a fall ..The other thing is ..whatever you learn along the journey pass on ...there are still lots of "us"es out there needing support help advice especially in these troubled times .
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
            X