Take the war to the enemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChillerMiller;1515708 wrote: I would like to just say, I believe in Jesus, but in no way does that make me less immune to being an alcoholic. Some things are not because of the devil. Sometimes, things are just things we need to take responsibility for on our own. Jesus is not an easy ticket out of trouble. If anything, since becoming a Christian, i have had more attack and trouble in my life. Now that is satan, trying to make me believe that all of this is nonsense. But the more i get attacked, the stronger it actually builds my faith in knowing that this is true.
    I didn't say that believing in Jesus will make you immune to alcoholism. Iam an alcoholic and a believer. If you believe in Jesus Christ as you stated you do, then you do know that the biggest part of his ministry was casting out demons.....demonic influences and oppression bring about destruction into ones life. Is alcoholism consistent with demonic oppression/influnces....very much so. When you're an alcoholic 9 times out of 10 you are being influenced by forces that are not of God. Fleshly forces. Who operates in the flesh?
    Ofcourse there are physical reasons such as deficiencies and dependencies that can cause an addiction to go on but initially, what got you that point?
    No one said that Jesus is an easy ticket out but he can lead you out. We all have our part to play, that means following his lead. We are not powerless to our addiction as long as we have Jesus on our side.
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Thanks for your response, Liz. I'm very happy to debate and don't ever want you to feel like I'm picking on you or downplaying your beliefs. But I will argue my points from a logical perspective so please let me know if you ever feel I'm not being fair.
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

lizker;1516096 wrote: I didn't say that believing in Jesus will make you immune to alcoholism. Iam an alcoholic and a believer. If you believe in Jesus Christ as you stated you do, then you do know that the biggest part of his ministry was casting out demons.....demonic influences and oppression bring about destruction into ones life. Is alcoholism consistent with demonic oppression/influnces....very much so. When you're an alcoholic 9 times out of 10 you are being influenced by forces that are not of God. Fleshly forces. Who operates in the flesh?
        Ofcourse there are physical reasons such as deficiencies and dependencies that can cause an addiction to go on but initially, what got you that point?
        No one said that Jesus is an easy ticket out but he can lead you out. We all have our part to play, that means following his lead. We are not powerless to our addiction as long as we have Jesus on our side.
        So, following your reasoning, atheists that recover from alcoholism are the 1 time out of 10 that that Jesus is not required?

I have clearly shown that I am NOT powerless over my addiction and the origin of my addiction was lack of self worth from abandonment as a baby and other contributing factors NOT possession by demons.

Comment

Dang, Liz, I am a Christian and I almost totally disagree with you. God gave mankind freewill. As such, there's going to be bad stuff in the world. And good stuff, too.
          What I don't believe nor do I agree with is telling others they are WRONG for believing something that differs from you. This is the biggest problem I have with organized religion....INTOLERANCE, HIPOCRACY, and GREED. And it really chaps me when people twist the Bible to fit what they are talking about.

Why do you start such inflammatory threads? This doesn't do anything to help anybody. Why not put your efforts into welcoming new people who come here scared to death of what tomorrow might bring? Or volunteer somewhere?

What are you trying to prove here? B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdlady;1516114 wrote: Dang, Liz, I am a Christian and I almost totally disagree with you. God gave mankind freewill. As such, there's going to be bad stuff in the world. And good stuff, too.
            What I don't believe nor do I agree with is telling others they are WRONG for believing something that differs from you. This is the biggest problem I have with organized religion....INTOLERANCE, HIPOCRACY, and GREED. And it really chaps me when people twist the Bible to fit what they are talking about.

Why do you start such inflammatory threads? This doesn't do anything to help anybody. Why not put your efforts into welcoming new people who come here scared to death of what tomorrow might bring? Or volunteer somewhere?

What are you trying to prove here? B
            Siren136 revived this thread. I was simply answering her. This is the " belief" section for the record. If someone asks me something do i not have a right answer them? If i share what God has done for me, how is that demeaning others belief s? If anything iam the one constantly being attacked for being a believer. I work long hrs and rarely get time to get on here. I do contribute to others when i can.
            As for you calling me a fake Christian, you don't know my heart. If you were a true Christian yourself, you would share the truth with your friends.
            Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

For the record, i have NEVER EVER told anyone to belief what i belief. I have only shared what i believe. Feel free to quote anything that i have said to support the charge you made

Comment

Techie revived the thread. Liz, I'm happy to debate and discuss theory as you'd like.
                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

kuya;1460015 wrote: I have NO belief in god, or the bible as anything but the words of man, no belief in satan, or that Jesus was any more or less than a man possibly suffering from schizophrenia.

I live my life honestly and do my best to help others.

I have quit consuming alcohol quite easily........perhaps you have an explanation for this anomaly.
                  lizker;1460047 wrote:
                  Y

I kinda know when to dust my feet of but I will share this
                  with you. Satan is not interested in fighting battles he has
                  already won. As long as your faith is not in God you are
                  no threat to his kingdom. Pride is the very essence of who is.

Lizker, you, as a Christian and I, as an atheist, hold strong opinions.

We debate out of those strong beliefs BUT I will say AGAIN........if I were to suggest that it would benefit people to drop their religion there would be outrage.

You have REPEATEDLY inferred that lack of belief indicates truck with satan, to deny this now is EXTREMELY dishonest of you. I include the above as an example from this very thread.

YOU, NOT GOD are STATING that satan, himself, has already won the battle for my soul.

It is this sly innuendo that causes the problems.

Also note your own reference to PRIDE......yet you still won't answer 'that' question.

I believe you are VERY proud of your belief in god and christianity, Lizker, so much so it blinds you to your own lack of humility that it is ONLY belief, based on nothing but wish fulfilment.

Comment

Geez you guys...this thread is like a road accident: you don't want to look but you're stuck in traffic. uch:

Please take it outside- get back to the business of getting better...:h
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Actually Kradle, you are right. I am putting Lizker on ignore and will stop wasting my time.

Comment

LIZKER,
                        I am glad to see your messages. I hope to chat with you on this forum sometime.

I am glad to see a forum where we can say "what we believe".

I'll sum up what I believe in Jo 3:16 of course, Acts 16:31 and that whole biography.

Ro 8:5-17 is a go-to.

-S-

Comment

lizker,i understand your point of view,i see things very similar to you,im glad you stick up for what you believe in,keep strong
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

lizker--

Although I am not religious anymore, and don't even really believe in God, I do for the most part agree with your post. I do feel there are malevolent spirits (what you call Satan) which indeed are behind many types of suffering. I used to be quite spiritual and religious but after daily suffering for years and years, even when I felt I was following "God," I decided it was useless and that I didn't care anymore. If following God staunchly for a decade straight isn't enough to receive his good-graces, that leads me to two conclusions: A) I don't have a god and B) I gave up caring if there was one anyway. Although what I am saying might sound negative, I am very happy for you and anyone else who is able to be comfortable and in-touch with their spirituality.

Comment

Well, the only way is to "believe in the Lord Jesus Christ...." Acts 16:31

Easy as pie, no other requirements.

Comment

thelaststraw;1518242 wrote: Well, the only way is to "believe in the Lord Jesus Christ...." Acts 16:31

Easy as pie, no other requirements.
                                Gee, that really helps those of us so much who don't believe in your god. You do realize that over the course of the last several thousand years, there have been probably 100 different gods whom people believed in just as much, right? Or is your god somehow better for some reason?

Comment

Working...
                                X