Take the war to the enemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thelaststraw;1518242 wrote: Well, the only way is to "believe in the Lord Jesus Christ...." Acts 16:31

Easy as pie, no other requirements.
    If you can do bad things and still get into heaven because you believe in God, then I don't want to go. If that's the only pre-requisite that sucks. Hitler was fanatically religious, so is he in heaven? Gosh I hope not!

If I were to believe, I would want to think that God lets people into heaven who lived good lives, constantly trying to do better and help others.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

TheLaststraw. Thank you for that. I don't get on here as much as as i would love to. I have been critizised of coming here to only provider more ammunation...lol.

Whiplash.... I totally understand what you are saying. I have been in low points in my life where i did not feel God's touch or presence. At one point i thought i lost my faith. This is a test that every believe must go through. Your faith will be tested and if you don't hold firmly to it, it can be snatched away from you.
      Suffering and trials do not mean that God has abandoned us. For all we know, he's interceding on our behalf, preventing an even bigger attack or working on the next break on our behalf. When iam going thro something, what keeps going is the knowledge that the Holy Spirit is constantly at work interceding on my behalf.
      I focus my energy on gratitude and thanking God for what he has shielded me from that i don't even know. Iam in the health Insurance field and most of our clients are going thro things that you cannot even begin to imagine. Serius life threatening illinesses. I just thank God everyday that he protected me from those things.

Siren136....Great point there. Most people are under the impression that just saying that you believe in God/Jesus is a staight ticket to heaven, sadly, alot of preachers are making a killing ....money wise....with this wrong preaching. A true mark of a saved person, going to heaven is true repentance. Jesus himself stressed this point. If someone claims to believe in God but don't do what the word of God says, they're lying to themselves or may be believing in the wrong God. Once the Holy Spirit comes to live inside of you, He automatically starts to clean house....The things that you used to do that brought you so much pleasure, will be repulsive, if they're not pleasing to God. So change in direction is a definite mark of a person who has believed, and accepted God into their life.
      Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

yep.

It is the belief in Christ paying the price for our sin by dying and beating death that allows us to live with God eternally.

It has nothing to do with "religion". Belief in God is not the way. It is belief that Christ paid the price.
        Christians are not perfect, just forgiven through Christ's sacrifice.

-S-

Comment

"Redeemed" Big Daddy Weave :h

Seems like all I could see was the struggle
          Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past
          Bound up in shackles of all my failures
          Wondering how long is this gonna last
          Then You look at this prisoner and say to me "son
          Stop fighting a fight it's already been won"

I am redeemed, You set me free
          So I'll shake off these heavy chains
          Wipe away every stain, now I'm not who I used to be
          I am redeemed, I'm redeemed

All my life I have been called unworthy
          Named by the voice of my shame and regret
          But when I hear You whisper, "Child lift up your head"
          I remember, oh God, You're not done with me yet

Wipe away every stain, now I'm not who I used to be

Because I don't have to be the old man inside of me
          'Cause his day is long dead and gone
          Because I've got a new name, a new life, I'm not the same
          And a hope that will carry me home

Wipe away every stain, 'cause I'm not who I used to be

Wipe away every stain, yeah, I'm not who I used to be
          Oh, God, I'm not who I used to be
          Jesus, I'm not who I used to be
          'Cause I am redeemed
          Thank God, redeemed

Comment

lizker;1518491 wrote: Siren136....Great point there. Most people are under the impression that just saying that you believe in God/Jesus is a staight ticket to heaven, sadly, alot of preachers are making a killing ....money wise....with this wrong preaching. A true mark of a saved person, going to heaven is true repentance. Jesus himself stressed this point. If someone claims to believe in God but don't do what the word of God says, they're lying to themselves or may be believing in the wrong God. Once the Holy Spirit comes to live inside of you, He automatically starts to clean house....The things that you used to do that brought you so much pleasure, will be repulsive, if they're not pleasing to God. So change in direction is a definite mark of a person who has believed, and accepted God into their life.
            So which does God think is more important, do you think? That I believe even if I don't truly repent my sins or if I repent my transgressions but don't truly believe in God or Christ as Saviour?
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Siren136;1519316 wrote: So which does God think is more important, do you think? That I believe even if I don't truly repent my sins or if I repent my transgressions but don't truly believe in God or Christ as Saviour?
              They are both important but faith is definitely more important. Without faith its impossible to please God much less have a relationship with God. God wants more than anything to have a relationship with you. He wants to be everything to you. You BFF that you tell things you can't tell a soul, your father, your brother, your sister, your counselor,....whatever need you have, he stands ready to meet it, all he asks of us is to trust him.
              Sin devastates the relationship we have between God. Its a separation you can actuality feel especially when you are used to feeling his presence. Obedience to his guidance also yields immediate rewards as he floods you with his peace and makes his presence known. Even the simplest acts of obedience count
              Spiritual growth does take time but its the most amazing and rewarding experience. Jus the thought of the creator of the universe and all thats in it knowing my name and watching over me is incredibly humbling.
              His Spirit leads is to repentance. You don't have to try to be good or do anything for God to accept you. Come just as you are.
              Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Working...
              X