X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take the war to the enemy

Jus food for thought for any one that might benefit
    from this. Its not a debate about what I believe or what you
    don't believe. Fact of the matter is Satan is behind most addictions.
    He is a spirit that has the ability to convince us to do whatever he wants
    often times to our peril. If you read most post here on myo, its
    story after story of misery, regret, anguish jus hell on earth.
    Quitting him is almost impossible especially if you have not come
    to the realization that he's alive and well, living inside you. Wreaking havoc in our lives, attaking us physically, mentally and spirituall. His ultimate
    goal is to rob you of everything especially your relationship with
    God and ultimately your life. He is a super natural being and a
    "a strong man". The Bible says. We became his prisoners as alcoholics
    and no master let's his prisoners go that easy without chasing
    you down with a mighty search party. He'll use anything and anybody
    at his disposal to keep you hooked. My hope and desire would
    be for everyone here to come to know Christ as he has the power
    to win this battle for us. We are mortals fighting super natural forces on
    our own strength. Ephesian 6:12 for our struggle is not against
    flesh and blood, but against authorities, against the powers of
    darkness and against the spiritual forces of evil in heavenly realms.
    A long with the tools we already have to fight this addiction. The spiritual
    tool is perhaps the most important and most powerful of them all.
    If we don't evict the devil by moving the Holy Spirit in, he will a
    always surface when our bacs, natx , gluts wear off. Enough is enough
    tell the devil to go to hell where he belongs. Every sip we take
    is slowly handing our self over to him to do whatever he wants
    with our bodies. Wake up every morning asking God to put his
    Armor of protection around you. Talk to him in spirit through out
    the day. This will slowly but surely loose the devils grip of u.
    Lastly remind satan everyday that you are aware of his presence
    and his tacts and that you have no intention of giving him even
    an inch of space. Let's take the war to the enemy y'all.
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

lizker;1459643 wrote: Fact of the matter is Satan is behind most addictions.
    He is a spirit that has the ability to convince us to do whatever he wants
    often times to our peril. If you read ANY post here on myo, its
    story after story of misery, regret, anguish jus hell on earth.
    The Bible says. We became his prisoners as alcoholics
    you down with a mighty search party. .
    Thanks for this, I have no problem with religion. In fact I spend 3 years @ bible college although I dont consider myself a practising christain.

A few points. Satan is not behind most addictions let just pick some addictions. Surfing, fitness, being kind, selfless, mindfullnes etc etc

I think if you read the posts on this forum you dont see misery and regret. I think you mainly see success and people being set free?

Lastly where does the bible say we become prisoners as alcoholics?
    If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

Martye, hi and thanks for reading. I think you misunderstood what I meant
      based on the panctuation. I meant that satan is a strong man according
      to the Bible. As far as being prisoners, the Bible doesn't necessarylly
      say that verbatim but it is clear that living a life of sin is being
      a prisoner to whatever has you bound. The apostle Paul reiterates this
      through the NT. The definition of addiction is continuing to engage in behavior
      or acts that are negative or detrimental to one' s health or well being.
      What you mentioned are not addictions unless they become harmful
      There are positive encouraging story here (I would not be here it weren't so)
      majority us are still struggling and trying to find our way. (Peaked at the newby threads late?)
      Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Thanks for the reply

So you think Satan is behind everyones addiction?

I look @ the newby threads every day. I to was a newbie now day 35 sober (and have psoted my story every day) and I drew a lot of support and love from everyones posts. When I look at the newby threads I see hope, passion and excitment.

I see people staying sober and I also see people that slip come back and admit they have slipped, they could simply slip and never post again although they come back and that shows me courage and a strong will.

Addiction = The fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity. I am addicted to crossfit so unless satan wants me to get really fit I see no problems
        If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

lizker;1459643 wrote:
          Quitting him is almost impossible especially if you have not come
          to the realization that he's alive and well, living inside you. Wreaking havoc in our lives, attaking us physically, mentally and spirituall. His ultimate
          goal is to rob you of everything especially your relationship with
          God and ultimately your life.

He is a super natural being and a
          "a strong man". The Bible says. We became his prisoners as alcoholics
          you down with a mighty search party. He'll use anything and anybody
          at his disposal to keep you hooked. My hope and desire would
          be for everyone here to come to know Christ as he has the power
          to win this battle for us..
          I have NO belief in god, or the bible as anything but the words of man, no belief in satan, or that Jesus was any more or less than a man possibly suffering from schizophrenia.

I live my life honestly and do my best to help others.

I have quit consuming alcohol quite easily........perhaps you have an explanation for this anomaly.

Comment

martye;1459999 wrote: Thanks for the reply

So you think Satan is behind everyones addiction?

I look @ the newby threads every day. I to was a newbie now day 35 sober (and have psoted my story every day) and I drew a lot of support and love from everyones posts. When I look at the newby threads I see hope, passion and excitment.

I see people staying sober and I also see people that slip come back and admit they have slipped, they could simply slip and never post again although they come back and that shows me courage and a strong will.

Addiction = The fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity.
            I am addicted to crossfit so unless satan wants me to get really fit I see no problems
            I have followed ur thread and I think I posted a reply. Iam not knocking this site but
            but we would be lying to ourselves if we claim that its all peaches here. As i did state
            state there is real help and hope here but majority of us are still
            struggling. You might in a better place now but don't forget where you
            have come from. This addiction is a daily battle. My only suggestion is
            to also remind ourselves of this very important, often neglected aspect
            of recovery.

Comment

Y
              kuya;1460015 wrote: I have NO belief in god, or the bible as anything but the words of man, no belief in satan, or that Jesus was any more or less than a man possibly suffering from schizophrenia.

I live my life honestly and do my best to help others.

I have quit consuming alcohol quite easily........perhaps you have an explanation for this anomaly.
              I kinda know when to dust my feet of but I will share this
              with you. Satan is not interested in fighting battles he has
              already won. As long as your faith is not in God you are
              no threat to his kingdom. Pride is the very essence of who is.

Comment

lizker;1460047 wrote: Y

I kinda know when to dust my feet of but I will share this
                with you. Satan is not interested in fighting battles he has
                already won. As long as your faith is not in God you are
                no threat to his kingdom. Pride is the very essence of who is.
                I wrote, what to me was an amusing retort, but thought better of it.

I have friends who have deep beliefs, I do not share them, it does not affect my love for them.

I only take issue with your projection that belief has anything to do with alcohol recovery.

You believe I am damned, I believe you are delusional.

We will leave it at that.

Be well.

Comment

One thing makes Christianity superior to Judaism and Islam: grilled cheese with bacon
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

techie;1514486 wrote: One thing makes Christianity superior to Judaism and Islam: grilled cheese with bacon
                    DELETED

Comment

I don't understand the point you are expressing, Liz. If I'm fighting satan or fighting the addiction, I still have to be responsible for doing something to get rid of the addiction.

What I infer from your post is that, hypothetically, if I accept God and Jesus into my life, then by doing so and living according to what they teach I will be cured from addiction. That by God and denying Satan I can be cured of addiction?
                      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

alian_peter;1514758 wrote: To take this war to the enemy, New Delhi needs a deliberate, graded and escalating response with a clear political and military objective to help Islamabad disintegrate:
                        Snap diplomatic relations immediately.
                        Declare Pakistan a terrorist State.
                        Discontinue all trains and bus services as well as trade and business transactions.
                        Announce renegotiations of the Indus Water Treaty as the terms unduly favour Pakistan.
                        Begin a process to regulate the water supplies and build new mechanisms to activate water flow controls.
                        Cancel permissions for over flights.
                        Reported. Alian_Peter Please take this elsewhere. I have reported you for spam and trolling.
                        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

lizker;1514638 wrote: DELETED
                          Lighten up Liz - you believe what you believe - others believe in other things.
                          I am still on the fence & enjoy reading the 2 sides of the debate .

Don't go all high & mighty- Techie is lightening the mood and THAT IS ALLOWED you know!
                          As an Irish person I take the jokes aimed at us as a race - NEVER take offence - because they are usually quite funny.

if you take this stance - folks will listen more to you.
                          Don't expect to take centre stage here preaching and expect no response

Comment

I would like to just say, I believe in Jesus, but in no way does that make me less immune to being an alcoholic. Some things are not because of the devil. Sometimes, things are just things we need to take responsibility for on our own. Jesus is not an easy ticket out of trouble. If anything, since becoming a Christian, i have had more attack and trouble in my life. Now that is satan, trying to make me believe that all of this is nonsense. But the more i get attacked, the stronger it actually builds my faith in knowing that this is true.
                            The mindset of an addict is trenchant in its very nature

Comment

Siren136;1514748 wrote: I don't understand the point you are expressing, Liz. If I'm fighting satan or fighting the addiction, I still have to be responsible for doing something to get rid of the addiction.

What I infer from your post is that, hypothetically, if I accept God and Jesus into my life, then by doing so and living according to what they teach I will be cured from addiction. That by God and denying Satan I can be cured of addiction?
                              Siren136
                              This was an old thread that i posted when i was new here and was under the impression that there were other like minded people...you know spiritual war-fare warriors...lol...boy was i wrong...but anyway, In my experience, when i allow myself to be led by the Holy Spirit, he never steers me wrong. What do i mean by being led by the Holy Spirit? Every choice that i make has consequences. Either negative or positive. This is not just limited to choices to consume alcohol. When iam faced with a choice on anything, could be as simple as what to eat, what to wear, how to respond to a question....i can either choose to follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit or i can choose to follow the flesh which will always lead to negative outcomes.
                              So basically you're not fighting Satan physically but you are rejecting his lead. He operates in the flesh. The flesh tells you how good a nice buzz will be right now. It blinds you to what's going to happen after the buzz. Satan operates in the flesh and Often times he knows that you are going to make an a** of yourself, spend your rent money or kill someone. He knows exactly what's going to happen but he deliberately entices you. The more seriuos the consequences the stronger the pull.
                              Do i follow the lead of the Holy Spirit all the time? No. But iam growing in this area and i pray for the ability to decern and reject the devil whenever he tempts me or puts ideas in my head . Its a practice of holding every thought captive and making deliberate efforts to obey to God that helps me grow spiritually. Every act of obedience brings me closer to God and he reveals more and more of himself, i strive to seek him, his will and purpose for my life. I have led my life for the last 38years and i have made a mess of things. In the last several months of allowing Jesus to take the Lead, iam finally breaking the chains of alcoholism, getting my finances in order and my career situation has improved tremendously as a result.
                              I know most people here have done it in their own strength but i couldn't do it. Only a miracle from God could rescue me from the pit i was in. I also wanted to point out that i've always been a believer. I got saved at a very young age. Drinking came into my life much later. It did get me off track with my relationship with God but as he promised he, never leaves us once he enters. Through out my turmoil, anguish, pain, rejections, humiliation.... he was saying all along... just give it to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X