Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you

Day 130
    John 15 :5 Iam the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me and i in him, he will bear much fruit. Apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers. Such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me, and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish and and it will be given. This to my fathers glory.
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Thank you

John 14:23 If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My father will love him and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching.
      Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Thank you

I hope you will continue this thread.

-S- :yeahthat:

Comment

Thank you

thelaststraw;1522110 wrote: I hope you will continue this thread.

-S- :yeahthat:
          No doubt. Funny thing is i had lost count of days. Had to tally up the AF check on
          my calendar. It definitely gets easier. Iam cooking full meals now without even thinking
          about alc. Where are at in your journey TLS?

Comment

Thank you

LIZKER,
            I was AF 34 days starting February. Then chose AL -then was AF for maybe 90ish days, then chose AL last week. This morning I'm on my 7th day AF being thankful for no tummy ache this morning.

I had lost track of AF days since I was certain I didn't need to keep track anymore. Then, BAM ! ! ! an acquaintaince was all over my case for an opinion I expressed, not even trying to talk anyone into my way of thought. I was simply expressing myself. I used AL as comfort, should have prayed about it first. I am sure what God would have told me, in hindsight, He was probably telling me but I wasn't listening.

Anyway, born again June 2001 after catholic rearing and fairly regular church attendance my whole life.

-S-

Comment

Thank you

TLS
              Great that you are right back in the game. You did it once, you can do it again. This is my 10th or 11 th quit. The longest so far and God willing, the last. I noticed that when i think about the effort, time, money, mental tag of war that i have invested in building the AF days, it helps me not pick up the bottle. The thought of it all being in vain...that it was all for nothing! I find it hard to take in so i keep going.
              I went to a Catholic high School although i never converted. I do watch Sunday Masses on TV from St Peter Sq. by the Pope on Tv. I tend not to restrict my faith to one denomination as Christ is non denominational. Where ever 2 or more are gathered in his name, he is in the midst.

Comment

Thank you

It's nice to hear from you, LIZKER.

-S-

Comment

Thank you

OK, I'll do a Thank You.
                  Thanks, Lord, thanks the ability to provide food & shelter through gainful employment. Thanks for enough to give to others; enough time, money, love, and consideration of others to offer comfort in the way that is needed form them.

Thanks for the ability to encourage my next door neighbor in her quest. And thanks for this site MWO where I can express myself without fear of physical danger as is the case in some societies in Jesus precious Name.

Comment

Thank you

Heavenly Father. Thanks for the wake up calls to be AF for so many of us here on MWO.

Thanks for my own Last Straw experience last February when I finally heard You say ENOUGH.

You'd been speaking to me for so long and I am sorry it took me so long to obey. Then I went without You 2 more times. Thanks for those 2 other taps on my shoulder so I may be AF and truly engage in the activities You have set out for me. Please hang on to those struggling today so they may enjoy the splendor of your creation. In Jesus Name I pray.

-S-

Comment

Thank you

Oh my Lord,
                      Your great power is shown to us every day and in every way. Thanks so much for the power shown by recent weather activities in our area, followed by the calmness we enjoy by trust in You.

Allow a day of peace for those struggling on MWO and a boldness to allow us to put our need to be AF in front of others' need to control our AL consumption. Put a hedge around us so we can deflect creepy AL and the poison it contains. In Jesus' Name.

Comment

Thank you

Lord, Thanks for purchasing my forever by Your Son's shed blood. He lived and died and beat death through His resurrection so we might share eternity with You (instead of -with :devil: ).

Hang with us today, and help us deal with all thoughts of creepy AL and kick it's butt to the ground - then stomp on it. In Jesus precious Name.

Comment

Thank you

Father, Thanks for the ability to provide for my physical needs with gainfull employment. Even though I don't deserve it, thanks for it.

Please look upon us with favor as we are challenged to become AF. Thanks for the days we spent AF - please give us many more. In Jesus Name.

Comment

Thank you

Dear Lord, Thanks. In Jesus' Name

Comment

Thank you

Mighty One, Thanks for forgiveness in my grumpiness towards MD, who is so needy and I try to avoid. Cause her needs to be met each hour as she faces challlenges. Allow us to keep our eyes focused on what is unseen as we wade through what is seen.

Thanks for another sober day and thanks for the comfort of my home. I ask You to guide people who want to leave AL in the dust to this site, MWO, to gain support and knowledge about this disease. In Jesus' name I pray.

Comment

Thank you

Lord, another year of independence for our country, under You - is something to be grateful and thankful about. Thanks for Yourself to be so present this year in the form of concerts, newspaper full-paged articles and the like.

Forgive us when we momentarily forget about Your gift of salvation in our busyness of life activities. Help us keep You first in our minds and activities. Help us keep Your promise of eternity with You in our minds as we make choices. In Jesus' name, with thankfulness.

Comment

Working...
                                X