• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you

Day 43: Thank you Lord for this real miracle. Only you
    know the hell you are digging me out of. From accepting
    death and eagerly awaiting it to life. If any man is in Christ
    he's a new creation old things are past and everything is new.
    For you give the gift of a sound mind with the restoration of the
    soul and quickening of the spirit.
    Meditating on your word brings me close you and comforts me
    with your presence for you will never leave me nor forsake me.

Isaiah 41-10 "I took you from the ends of the earth, from the
    farthest corners I called you. I said to you: You are my servant.
    I have chosen you and not rejected you. So do not fear for iam
    with you. Do not be dismayed for iam your God. I'll strengthen
    you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
    All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced.
    Those who oppose you will be as nothing at all. Though you search
    for your enemies you will not find them. For iam the LORD
    God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you: Do not fear.
    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Thank you

lizker;1467805 wrote: Day 43: Thank you Lord for this real miracle. Only you
    know the hell you are digging me out of. From accepting
    death and eagerly awaiting it to life. If any man is in Christ
    he's a new creation old things are past and everything is new.
    For you give the gift of a sound mind with the restoration of the
    soul and quickening of the spirit.
    Meditating on your word brings me close you and comforts me
    with your presence for you will never leave me nor forsake me.
    That is beautiful.
    I read a quote the other day, which really struck me hard, it went something like this:
    "What if you woke up today with everything you Thanked God for yesterday". It really made me stop & think about how little I give thanks to God for all the wonderful things in my life.
    Well done on 43 days.... that truly is a blessing to be thankful for.
    AF 6 years
    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Thank you

Fallen Angel, Thanks for reading. 5 Years of sobriety is really
      awesome. I am pretty sure it wasn't easy at the begining.
      The spirit of gratitude motivates God to heal in my experience.The
      more thanks I give the stronger I get.
      Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Thank you

Hiya LIzker,

Though I do not share in your specific beliefs, I am sincerely happy that you have achieved continued sobriety! Good for YOU! :goodjob:

IMHO regardless of what we believe (or don't) we have a common goal here on this forum and that is to support one another and free ourselves from the grip of Alcoholism.

Cheers to you Lizker! :l

***UDPATE: MY APOLOGIES...I DIDN'T SEE THE 'WE BELIEVE' SECTION TITLE. I WILL BE HAPPY TO DELETE THIS OUT OF RESPECT FOR YOUR THREAD...ER? LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU PREFER....Sincerely, P :h
        "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Thank you

Persephone1;1467924 wrote: Hiya LIzker,

Though I do not share in your specific beliefs, I am sincerely happy that you have achieved continued sobriety! Good for YOU! :goodjob:

IMHO regardless of what we believe (or don't) we have a common goal here on this forum and that is to support one another and free ourselves from the grip of Alcoholism.

Cheers to you Lizker! :l

***UDPATE: MY APOLOGIES...I DIDN'T SEE THE 'WE BELIEVE' SECTION TITLE. I WILL BE HAPPY TO DELETE THIS OUT OF RESPECT FOR YOUR THREAD...ER? LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU PREFER....Sincerely, P :h
          Persp.
          I dont mind at all. Its all about respect which you
          clearly have. Iam still getting used to the new me.
          so I will be expressing my daily thoughts on these
          thread to avoid offending anyone.

Comment

Thank you

I'm glad you started a thread to share your journey & stuck with the site as a support. TBH, I chose this site SPECIFICALLY because it didn't require an adherence to a higher power...LOL! (Sincerely, no disrespect to your beliefs ) Whatever works for YOU, works for YOU and good for you! Keep prayin', keep tryin', keep lovin' yourself...whatever it takes to stay sober!

All the best to you Lizker! :l
            "People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone."

? Audrey Hepburn, Actress and Philanthropist :heart:

Comment

Thank you

Persephone1;1468275 wrote: I'm glad you started a thread to share your journey & stuck with the site as a support. TBH, I chose this site SPECIFICALLY because it didn't require an adherence to a higher power...LOL! (Sincerely, no disrespect to your beliefs ) Whatever works for YOU, works for YOU and good for you! Keep prayin', keep tryin', keep lovin' yourself...whatever it takes to stay sober!

All the best to you Lizker! :l
              Hi again Persephone. Differences a side, we all united against this beast. I guess
              we all can find our way out at MWO without bursting
              each other's bubble. That is the beauty of this site. Wishing
              you the best of luck as well.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you Lord for another alc free day. You are the true shepherd
                who never abandons your sheep. Even when i get tempted
                and wander away as the true sheep iam, your grace and mercy will always seeks me and lead
                me back home to you. Thank you for the gift of salvation.

Comment

Thank you

Day 46 Thank you for these day. Please strengthen
                  me and help me to surrender it to you so I will not
                  fall into temptations from the evil one

Comment

Thank you

Day 48. Thank you Lord for this day. This battle is yours.
                    Every victory belongs to you. Please give me the strength to
                    fight so you can have victory through me.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you, lizker, for sharing your beautiful spiritual prayers.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thank you

Sunbeam;1471264 wrote: Thank you, lizker, for sharing your beautiful spiritual prayers.
                        Hi Sunbeam.
                        Thank you for reading and starting your prayer thread it definitely inspires my own.
                        day 49 may we all victory in Christ today..

Comment

Thank you

Day 51 Thank you Lord for this day. I pray for all who desperately need
                          your touch today Lord. Those who are hurting, bound and blinded to
                          your desperate desire to free them. You stand at the door knocking and
                          if anyone will hear and open the door to their heart you will come in and
                          give them new life. Not as the world gives but according to your divine nature.
                          Who so ever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Comment

Thank you

Lizker, I love that you started this thread. It warms my heart, and I wish you many blessings.
                            Day 1 again 11/5/19
                            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Thank you

Day 57. Hi Nurse and thanks for stopping by. I pray that God will give you the strength to get through this trying time. That his spirit will bring comfort.
                              He who has started good work in us is faithful to complete it. This is the hope we have in Christ. Even when we falter, doubt, struggle, rebel, don't feel his presence, our hope still depends on his faithfulness. The sold rock, Ebenezer, who will never waiver, in his strength I choose to rest.

Comment

Working...
                              X