Surrendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surrendering

I may post this elsewhere when I feel stronger.

I do not believe in God, am not involved in any religion. Last week whilst on a long walk I asked for the compulsion to do something I've been doing for stress relief to be taken away. It's coming to a crunch time for me and I really needed it to stop.

The urge has truly been lifted and apart from the odd minor impulse I've not have the same desires and have stopped the behaviour that I was indulging in.

I'd heard of people doing this for alcohol so many times in AA, I found a different way with alcohol but this new thing is a revelation to me. Perhaps it does work.
    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Surrendering

No issues. I am a strong believer in Lord. Yet it doesn't matter You believe or not, As long as You lead a happy contended and a kind life.
    Nyc pest control bed bugs

Comment

Surrendering

Surrendering is not giving up; it's accepting that you are weak and vulnerable and need help. I am happy that the urges have abated but stay vigilant as the sneaky little creep will strike when you least expect it.

I've had moments like you described. Unless I am strong on a daily basis, I usually eventually give in. I hope your morale stays high and you determination strong. xx
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Surrendering

Tipplerette;1507319 wrote: Surrendering is not giving up; it's accepting that you are weak and vulnerable and need help. I am happy that the urges have abated but stay vigilant as the sneaky little creep will strike when you least expect it.

I've had moments like you described. Unless I am strong on a daily basis, I usually eventually give in. I hope your morale stays high and you determination strong. xx
        I did do the thing that was causing me distress last Monday(10 days ago), didn't get me far and only made things a bit more difficult but had to get right back on the wagon again. Feel a lot better about it and definitely getting out of the habit. Hoping I'll crack it eventually but once this period of intense concentration is over I'm going to be exploring the reasons behind it all so I can perhaps understand and fix it for once and for all.
        I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
        X