WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF?

58 yr old active female, walking 40 - 50 miles/wk, doing HIIT in fasting state 4x/wk and working resistance training with kettlebells 4x/wk. Eating clean, with a calorie deficit and really frustrated with weight gain instead of loss. Started tracking daily carbo grams to see if this is related independent of total calories. Also, 3 days sober, continued sobriety should help.

Example of last 24 hours - 5/16-5/17
    .8 weight gain over 24 hours
    3.4 weight gain over 10 days
    126 carb grams in previous 24 hours
    total miles walked - 5.27
    alcohol - 0

Total calories - 1559
    current height - 5'8"
    current weight - 180

Any suggestions would be appreciated...thanks!

WTF?

Make sure you drink lots of water. It will help release the toxins and fat. Especially since you are doing a lot of exercise. I went on a Walk for Breast Cancer and walked 32 miles in one day. I drank a bottle of water every two hours or so and NEVER once had to go pee. That's how much water we use when we exercise vigorously.

Also, another piece of advice: don't eat too little. Eat healthy but wholesome foods to stay full. My friend eats like a bird and can't lose weight because her body has slowed down her metabolism because it thinks she is starving.

just my two cents as a woman your age who is lucky to be a pretty good weight.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

WTF?

Thanks

Thanks so much, I am drinking water, but could drink more, esp. with the long hikes.
      I do feel really bloated and mushy, so I could be retaining and that would explain the overnight gains.

Comment

WTF?

Two thoughts:

Working with kettle bells, you may be gaining muscle, not fat.

Watch your intensity. You'll lose more fat with shorter periods of really intense exercise than you will with longer bouts of less intense exercise.
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

WTF?

I simply don't weigh myself, as I know that I'm in the process of replacing fat with muscle. The best judge for me is how much better I fit into my clothes, and more importantly: how much better I FEEL!
          AF since May 12th, 2014

Comment

Working...
          X