Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Believe In Jesus

kuya;1519723 wrote: Who the feck is KAY ???? :H

You write this as though you know me.......yet you don't even know my name.

And isn't it forum etiquette for reasons of privacy NOT to use member's real name on posts?

If I WAS called KAY I might be REALLY pissed off, eh?

Anyhow bye to you WF and all the best. You have done so well and hope you are still off the smokes.

I am leaving the forum contentedly sober so you need not worry about me challenging your beliefs anymore.

Well geeze, Sorry K thought your pals nicknamed you KAY. Hope K is tolerable for you? Yes, I forgot were not really grrt pals, but was trying real hard to be nice in first post. Then I got a bit pissy. You understand!

Don't worry tho! I think? Others here believe I'm "Prancercizing" over you! :H I think they have the wrong woman. I don't where feathers! Fur either. Only borrowed tassels & beads. Ask BOHG :H Now granted I may be 10% bisexual! :wow: But you aren't my type.

Sorry, I'm having trouble accepting your goodbye. I think many need your wisdom around here. Including me. Been having troubles, thoughts of drinking. Fits of crying & anger to. Not like me. I'm suppose to be strong all the time! Not much is helping accept knowing the truth, being honest with self. My thyroid & antibodies are wacked. Vitamin D deficient. I can hardly wait for our new health care. I had to negotiate, more like beg Dr's to order tests. Every thing is a struggle. My GP who ordered labs day b4, courier left specimens outside. Non stable blood, fight Ins....

I don't spend a lot of time at AA like I did yrs back. I also don't attend Church . Went to some big Orchestra Celebration at x-mas. Not this last Easter, but one b4 went then. The guy gave a testimony. He was an alkie, gambling, nicotine addict who killed a guy with his truck. It was quite moving. I think I may go back there. They have good rock type music to.

I also was very hurt at church. They typically don't get alkies ~ addicts.... Think you can pray this all away. Lately AA just makes me want to drink. I personally doubt I will ever go the sponsor route again. Last one tried to make me where a dress while chairing meetings. WTF??? I've had a few others over the yrs. The principles behind the steps are what help in the thinking, a guide map to real life's problems imo. I'm to negative at the moi for WFS. Smart & AVRT are helping some. My few friends I have are busy, to busy. Family problems.

Poor Byrdie is sad, so are others. I knew this would be the case!!! No we won't be best friends, but I think if you want can tone it down when people annoy the feck out of you!.... Remember I have DH to help with that. Poor guy, poor me! Just can't pour me a drink. It will take over & probably kill me.

You are a valuable member of this community!!!.... Not everybody will like us. Too bad. Now plz get your sweet booty back to MWO Town Now!!!

Just think how many times many of us said were leaving. )

I started smoking again on day 16. What the feck was I thinking? I'd never been more tired in my life! My mother, oh my.... I can deal with her...

My hubs prostate, etc is been ripped out of him next wk. I had an anxiety attack at hospital. This one nurse set me off. Gawd. She looked at me & said something about his supplements making his cancer worse. They only ask him at his appt about his medications, not about OTC. She looks at me like its my fault. WTF don't they feckin know to ask about both. plus other shite. I've done extensive research. This is his responsibility to. Why is everything always the woman's fault? NOT!!!! If that nurse only knew!

Feck I hate pity parties. Yes, I'd like to drink it all away. Damn't a real damn't. I don't feel like I can be of any good use to any one right now. I miss my daughter! Thank God other girl is done with college now & will be there with me.

I feel better now just venting.... Been running around between Mom's crap & getting shite taken care of..... Can't sleep....... Really why does wine sound so appealing? WTF I know better Gawd? :new:

Anyway, whatever you decide I'm happy your contently sober. Just know that there may be times in life where it may not always be this way. Your always welcome at MWO. Just hope all the challenging, debating can finally be set aside. Bury it somewhere.... Piccie anyone?

Your a good person... Thank you for helping so many of us here & elsewhere Kuya!!! I hope with all my heart that your business turns around for the best, you find love in your life. If all else fails get out there in front of your business & hang a banner, new "Prancercising" classes starting soon. Feck. LMAO...

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

Jumping IN

I just heard about this thread, and having had a gallon of coffee thought I would weigh in. LOL

I have no interest in discussing religion with the religious. I also have no interest in denigrating anyone. What I choose to believe (or not believe) is a personal thing.

The only thing that astounds me is that the self-described Christians ( that I have encountered, not necessarily here) seem to think that I am lacking in some way. And that's OK. But I also think that if you are a believer and feel the need to share this belief---then when the intended recipient expresses NO interest whatsoever--it should be dropped. That is all I think about it. I don't allow things to annoy me much anymore, but being preached to is intolerable. The assumption often seems t be that I , as a nonbeliever, need to be "saved", or need to be helped to understand how things really are. I am fully capable of critical thinking and making decisions. When I am told "I will pray for you" as if I need help I find it condescending.

BUT I do try to be kind, generous and an all around good person. These things are not limited to the faithful.

Peace and love

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

Ann Carolina;1524754 wrote: I just heard about this thread, and having had a gallon of coffee thought I would weigh in. LOL

I have no interest in discussing religion with the religious. I also have no interest in denigrating anyone. What I choose to believe (or not believe) is a personal thing.

The only thing that astounds me is that the self-described Christians ( that I have encountered, not necessarily here) seem to think that I am lacking in some way. And that's OK. But I also think that if you are a believer and feel the need to share this belief---then when the intended recipient expresses NO interest whatsoever--it should be dropped. That is all I think about it. I don't allow things to annoy me much anymore, but being preached to is intolerable. The assumption often seems t be that I , as a nonbeliever, need to be "saved", or need to be helped to understand how things really are. I am fully capable of critical thinking and making decisions. When I am told "I will pray for you" as if I need help I find it condescending.

BUT I do try to be kind, generous and an all around good person. These things are not limited to the faithful.

Peace and love
        Absolutely, bang on Ann !!
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

An example

I met a man who was very nice , who wanted to have dinner. He then commented that he could not hang out with anyone who " has not accepted Jesus as her savior".
          Imagine my disappointment HAHA

To each his own. He can certainly choose that, and I can certainly choose to stay away from Jesus freaks if I can. It's really not a big deal.

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

This is just simply sad.
            I just won't anymore

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

Me and my family serve The Lord.

thelaststraw;1520604 wrote: I think it would be a really good idea for people to post on this thread "I BELIEVE IN JESUS" to refrain from posting on it if they don't believe.

It would be so nice to state my belief, share my trust with other believers. It would be so nice to have conversations with other believers of Christ.

Go start another thread for un-believers and let the believers support each other.

Please and thank-you.

-S-
              kronkcarr;1520627 wrote:
              Thelaststraw,

I agree with you.
              I agree with you too.
              I have received an pm from some atheist telling me I am causing trouble with this thread. Why is there a What We believe thread if I cannot be open and honest about my beliefs? If you do not share my beliefs please dont come here and tell me I'm being unchristian and causing division. Stay off this thread if you don't want to read about Jesus. Because I will never stop praising Jesus for His amazing gift and all He has done for me.
              Just because you don't believe in Jesus and God does not prove He does not exist. I know He is there and real and Christ is my guide in this life. So please don't hijack my thread and cause trouble. Start a "I dont believe in anything" thread and stay out of here unles you want to learn more about Jesus. Because I will never stop praising Him and sharing the Gospel and good news or Gods grace a redemptive act for humanity! Thanks and God bless. If you want to ask me questions and are truly seeking answers I will gladly answer and God will be found if you seek Him with all your heart.
              The mindset of an addict is trenchant in its very nature

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

ChillerMiller;1537810 wrote: I agree with you too.
                I have received an pm from some atheist telling me I am causing trouble with this thread. Why is there a What We believe thread if I cannot be open and honest about my beliefs? If you do not share my beliefs please dont come here and tell me I'm being unchristian and causing division. Stay off this thread if you don't want to read about Jesus. Because I will never stop praising Jesus for His amazing gift and all He has done for me.
                Just because you don't believe in Jesus and God does not prove He does not exist. I know He is there and real and Christ is my guide in this life. So please don't hijack my thread and cause trouble. Start a "I dont believe in anything" thread and stay out of here unles you want to learn more about Jesus. Because I will never stop praising Him and sharing the Gospel and good news or Gods grace a redemptive act for humanity! Thanks and God bless. If you want to ask me questions and are truly seeking answers I will gladly answer and God will be found if you seek Him with all your heart.
                If you are refering to me, Chill, I sent you this PM almost 2 months ago.....
                Default Wondering

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Chiller,
                I am sincerely wondering why you would start a thread you know in your heart would divide and upset people so much more an it would support or uplift?
                That is not Christian in my opinion. That's ego...as well as lack of wisdom.
                I Don't think your heart wants you to go there...just your head.
                Please stop.

Thanks,

At that time I did not realize there was a separate 'section' for this topic and for that I apologize. You should be able to discuss your beliefs openly.
                The amount of attacks and generally bad blood this approach seems to take ( i.e people have left MWO feeling under attack) was what I was referring to...

Best of luck to you on your journey. We all have one objective here IMO and if Jesus gets you sober than that's wonderful!
                :h
                FYI...I am a devout Nichiren Buddhist not an atheist
                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

Well thats awesome. I have not been on for 2 months and that means I've been sober for 2 months. Whoohoo. Apology accepted. I forgive you.
                  The mindset of an addict is trenchant in its very nature

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

What an extremely sad thread. Some of the opinions expressed here are unbelievably malicious. To each his own. I don't need anyone to validate my beliefs nor do I feel the need to try to change someone else's beliefs. Live and let live.

Comment

I Believe In Jesus

all hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

or not, if you don't want to ...

Comment

Working...
                      X