Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to protect Liver and make it healthy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across a report stating Liver organ disease can be developed if not taken proper care of liver. I am looking out for some healthy as well as helpful tips on maintaining our liver in a healthy way. Can anyone share some helpful tips regarding these ?

I find that adding sauteed onion and a generous serving of gravy seems to help enormously. Remember not to burn the onions. This is important. You just want them lightly caramelised.

Comment

Hi Allan, and welcome.

You raise a very important topic, so I thank you.

I know not drinking AL is always a good start. What brings you to post about the subject? What are your experiences?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey Guitarista, i completely agree with you on this. Avoiding alcohol can be the best start ever to have a healthy liver. I only know that maintaining hygiene can help us prevent any kind of liver illness. But i am looking forward to get more details on this.

Comment

milk thistle, dandelion, and believe it or not, coffee are liver protectants. but the best thing is a good diet and no alcohol. also, use as little tylenol as possible, as it is hepatotoxic in high doses.
          10-06-2012

Comment

Hey thanks a lot bettygirl for your helpful advice. I would surely love to adapt to a good and healthy diet.

Comment

ditto what Betty said. also sugar is a very commonly overlooked liver toxin. even eating a diet with large amounts of simple non-sugar carbohydrates forces the liver to store fat and triglycerides. NFLD (non alcoholic fatty liver disease) the prevalence of this disease is shocking: 20% of Americans suffer from this. Primary culprits are refined carbohydrates and trans fats like margarine and vegetable oil (not olive oil).

other supplements to add to Betty's list are: artichoke extract, beet extract and phosphatidylcholine (found in large amounts in free-pastured egg yolks)
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello all
                Anyone had done a liver cleanse, if so what was involved. I'm glad coffee is ok, since I stopped drinking
                booze, my intake of java has increased a bit. It appears that things that are "bitter" are good, ie dandelion etc

Sam
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Determinator,
                  I always like the information you provide. I watched a major US network news program this morning and they had two "mainstream" doctors, one a cardiologist and the other an oncologist, both saying excess sugar was an underrated detriment to human health. The show focused on obesity, but the point was made that too much sugar intake pretty much increased one's chances of having almost every major disease, and even the more rare morbid conditions. Quite simply, too much sugar intake kills. I got the point from these medical doctors that the less your daily sugar intake, the better your health chances. And these guys are regular, almost daily, contributors to this news program, not some one time fringe element we sometimes see and hear.

Comment

Here are some eating foods list what i know about..

Ginger - you can find fresh ginger, pickled ginger, and dried ginger. They are all a great addition, though some people dislike it's strong fresh. minty, and spicy flavor. Start with small amounts and find out what's perfect for you.

Turmeric - another liver protecting condiment, turmeric is often used in India and other countries to make things yellow. It has a very subtle taste and some people even claim it has no taste at all. A favorite of mine is adding turmeric to plain rice while it cooks.

Green Leafy Vegetables - every vegetable will protect your liver, but leafy vegetables have been shown to be especially protective. People who live in areas where leafy vegetables are consumed in larger amounts have less liver disease, while people who live in countries that consume few of these are plagued with fatty liver. As a rule of thumb, half your plate should be filled with greenies.

Fruit - fruit's fiber, vitamins and yet to be clearly understood enzymes help digestion and reduce the incoming toxic substances your liver has to deal with.

Vegetable and Fruit Juices - these combine the benefits of fruit, vegetables, and raw food (see next). Some people go on a one week or one month juice-only diet and have completely reversed serious liver disease. In fact, some people were diagnosed with untreatable terminal liver disease and have reversed it using this diet!
                    If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.
                    product app

Comment

L-theanine
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Milk thistle is supposed to be quite beneficial to the liver and is supposed to help repair the liver and regenerate liver cells.
                        I totally aggree with reducing sugar. Now they are saying no more than 6t of sugar of day is what our consumption should be.
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

NASH (non alcoholic steatohepatitis) NASH is on the increase, because it is associated with metabolic syndrome, central obesity, type 2 diabetes, hyperlipidemia...the things we see in our culture. It is basically fatty liver disease but not from alcohol.

Fibrosis is how the liver responds to damage, First it usually gets macrosteatosis (fatty) . It gets damaged by something (beccomes fatty) then in some people heals with a scar. The scar is fibrosis. Fibrosis progresses through stages (bridging is last) to cirrhosis. That whole process takes like 10 years + usually.

The fatty part is reversible. People can go out and binge drink and have 30% macro the next few days then give the liver a rest and it will be normal again. Sugar and excess fat has similar effect. The scarring is what cannot be reversed, so look after your liver before that stage.
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

bettygirl;1528276 wrote: milk thistle, dandelion, and believe it or not, coffee are liver protectants. but the best thing is a good diet and no alcohol. also, use as little tylenol as possible, as it is hepatotoxic in high doses.
                            Oh I love coffee , thanks for this one you saved my liver.
                            Alcohol will hit you bad but you can always turn your back
                            Alcohol can bring a lot of misery but there is a solution because it's not a mystery
                            Alcohol will give you pleasure but in the future it will give you pain that you cannot treasure

Comment

Hi Allandol,
                              To protect liver and make it healthy, eat foods rich in antioxidant, drink more water than routine and avoid stimulants. Avoid using antibiotics and limit your salt and sugar intake. Engage in regular workouts, remember to laugh and manage stress.
                              Doctors Studio
                              Lisbeth Roy, D.O.
                              6400 N Andrews Avenue Suite 120
                              Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
                              561 - 444 - 7751

Comment

Working...
                              X