Hope at last.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope at last.

Hi good people, i am new to this forum but i was a frequent guest on this forum searching for solution for my alcoholic partner.
    I just want to share my story that might be of help to those who are struggling with alcoholism.
    When i met him eight years ago he liked social life and i would accompany him after work and i dint find anything wrong with that.
    In dec 2009 i had a daughter and could not no longer go with him, i noticed his drinking had progressed and he would go to work late or skip work on weekends after nights heavy drinking, by 2011 he no longer bothered to go to work and was drinking day and night.
    Everything now started falling apart, he would drink all the money come home without phone, shoes. I thought i was in a nightmare.
    He would sometimes try to quit but the furthest he would go was a week, his eyes were yellow and urine looked like strong tea, and would wake up with the pillow stained with blood.
    He was afraid to do liver tests but still continued to drink.Lost alot of weight and looked like someone who was headed to the grave.

About three months ago he went to check on his work, he operates a private clinic, his secretary would put medics on locum when he was away drinking.
    Over the time he was away, free sample drugs had piled that were left by various pharm sales reps.He took home varieties of capsules multivitamins and started taking them.
    My good friends, since then he tells me he no longer feels like drinking,could drinking be cured by multivitamins.Its been three months now, he has gone back to his work and has added almost 10kgs. Glory be to God.

Hope at last.

Chika,
    Sounds more like he was ready to give it a good try! I am sure the vitamins made him feel better.
    Best of luck...
    AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Hope at last.

May be he realized that he was not doing the correct thing by drinking and the symptoms that followed. He must have been frightened to continue drinking and took in vitamins to control his urge. You should be happy that he is recovering.

Comment

Working...
      X