What is moderation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is moderation?

I have a fairly non-straightforward question. What is moderation to you? Defined?

I am not sure for myself. Currently I drink 2 to 4 times a week, usually about 8 beers a sitting after 8 pm at night.

Should I consider moderation to be 2 to 4 times a week, 2 beers most nights and maybe once a month 6 to 8 beers?

I am trying to find a happy medium. Anyone have ideas? What are your particular goals?

Hablur
    Hablur

What is moderation?

Hi Hablur, welcome to mods!

Each person is quite different in their moderation plans and goals.

I look at my mods more like abs with an occasional drink. When there is a party at my house, then I have one glass of wine or beer. If I go out to dinner, a may have a mixed drink as long as I do not pick a bottle up on the way home. This has worked well for me. I do not drink daily anymore. I actually feel much better doing it this way. I found it easier to keep the hard stuff out of the house. We have cases of beer and wine at home and it doesn't call to me so no big deal.

There are other on mods who do drink daily and keep it to a certain amount of alcohol. It is what your plan means to you and how well you can pull it off. I sort of feel if I drank daily I may end up increasing my daily total so better for me to NOT do that.

Other parts of the plans include the supps, topa or not and exercise programs too!

Best wishes for your success,
    Mary

Comment

What is moderation?

Hab, for me it is 1-2 glasses of wine a day.Streached out as spritzers so I can enjoy them through the evening. I had 3 last week because of Taxes!!! Hate doing those. it really is different for everyone you have to find what works best.
      smiles
      mar

Comment

What is moderation?

Hablur:
        Some nights I have nothing, some nights I'll have 3-4 glasses of wine. I do not drink hard alcohol anymore. I do not let myself get "drunk". That is the biggest thing for me. If even start to feel "tipsy" or light headed, I'm done. I just can't go there anymore. If I can keep myself from crossing that line, I feel good. I know I am in control, and I will feel fine in the morning. I won't say or do anything that I will be able to blame on alcohol. (notice I didn't say anything I will "regret", because I still do those things from time to time even without the drink!!). That is Moderation to me.
        Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

What is moderation?

mmmmm, isn't that the million dollar question ? isn't that why abs is easier for some? no decisions to be made on a daily basis. How many drinks today ? is it a week day or a weekend or a birthday or a special day or a tuesday? I don't have the answer. I wrestle with it too.

I just know I'm sticking with the programme and drinking far far far less than before and feeling better about myself and have found people who understand, which to me is a miracle.

Just keep reading and working it through for yourself.

good luck
          xx

Comment

What is moderation?

I'm curious as to how long you guys were AF before you tried mods. It has been two and a half months for me -- and I'd like to now try to moderate but I don't know how to start? I don't want to backslide. Maybe one glass of wine with a dinner once a week....any advice as to how to test the waters without drowning?
            sri

Comment

What is moderation?

Tahnk you all for your responses. It helps a ton. I will be honest i don't think I could actually go compeltely AF. My goal is to take the days I do drink and drink less and less over time to where I can actually have 1 beer and not want another.
              Hablur

Comment

What is moderation?

Hi all,

My concept of drinking is just a few glasses of wine. My wine glasses at home must be huge because one regular size wine bottle equals three glasses of wine. I DEFINITELY do not need the third glass. After that third glass, I am quite simply drunk to the point I'm more argument and unfortunately I also drunk dial friends. When I can stop at two glasses and be done for the night, then I will be moderating. And even then I'd only want to drink those two glasses of wine twice a week at the most. Just curious, how many glasses of wine can you poor from one regular size wine bottle?

Julie

Comment

What is moderation?

hi julie...same as you really.. 2 glasses is enough for me...thats about three quarters of a bottle.

This is currently been taken..though self prescribed twice weekly!!!

I did do 45 days AF feb/ March time and so so glad I did as it gave me time to really think what i want from life etc.

I figure i know deep down i will need to go Af at some point but for now limiting to twice weekly...keeping a drinks diary, being accountable on here and to a close friend ..plus the big thing of daily prayer..keeps me on track ..just about for now.

Before i came to this sight i was doing 4 or 5 bottles a week...by bottle recycling bin clattered beyond belief..i nearly died of shame putting the wine bottles out.

When you see the weeks bottles in a heap ..you sue know you have a problem...now i can say with honesty at this point in time my intake has halved...yipee

BUT NMOST OF ALL A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU PEOPLE ON SITE WHO SHARE AND SUPPORT WITH SUCH HONESTY...I CANT DO IT WITHOUT YOU ALL.

Regards Cassy

Comment

What is moderation?

Hi, for me moderating is two 6 oz. glasses of red wine at cocktail hour, which AMA says is actually healthy. I have not done AF's, and it took me six months on this program to master my definition of moderation. Setting clear, but challenging goals, revising them monthly is what worked for me.

Hope everyone has a great day.
                    MM
                    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Working...
                    X