Skullbaby's Fitness Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah BK I hear you. Still trying to figure out how/when to fit in the yoga- I'm considering going down to 2 weight training sessions a week, and replacing the third with a yoga session. I'm trying to be very deliberate with not over-training and want to keep my rest days as truly fully rested...

As for my crazy bucket list, video it is! Er... like in three years from now, LOL... I'm not even close to those things right now, I'm sure it's going to take me forEVAR to do those. But I've seen them done online and if someone else can do them, I can to-- I vow to do them someday!

2 days ago I started taking ice-cold showers again. I've read about all the great fat-burning and inflammation-reducing properties of what they call "thermogenesis" or "thermostasis"... the reason Michael Phelps can eat like 10 thousand calories and have a swimmer's body at top performance. 12 minutes in ice cold water feels crazy, it wakes me up like a foghorn, and focuses my mind like crazy, and afterwards warm clothes feel fantastic. Plus, it seems to have jump-started my fat loss which was plateauing at 188 or so lbs. Today the scale read 185 lbs.

Comment

Not sure if it will help you or not, or if you may have heard of this. But I lost 18lbs from simply squeezing lemons or limes in my water. I have used 3 slices (1/2 lemon or lime) of lemons or limes in each glass of water. I started this to assist in detox from the AL I was drinking. I do drink a lot of water each day (approx 100-120oz) so that is the equivalent of 2-3 lemons/limes per day if using a large 20oz refillable cup. But, I did not change any other habits other than adding this to my drinks, yet I lost 18lbs and have kept it off ever since by continuing this habit. I do not exercise (but should), I do not eat completely right (but should), yet I still lost all that weight without even trying to lose weight (weight loss was wanted, but was not intended). I had weighed 148lbs, but now weigh 130lbs. Have stayed at 130lbs for over 1.5 yrs after losing the 18lbs within 4 months. IDK if it will help you, there is some info on the web about lemons/limes increasing metabolism, speeding up detoxing process, assisting the liver in detoxing & kidneys in elimination...I do not have any specific articles to site, but I do know what this has done for me. I LOVE being skinny! Not that 148lbs was terrible for my height (5'6"), but 130lbs is even better (and I can fit into all my older skinny clothes). I will never stop using lemons/limes in my drinks since I have seen the difference.

Thought this would help and be an easy way for some possible weight loss. Let me know if you try it and if it works for you.

Comment

Freedom-
        Thanks for sharing that advice, very interesting to hear. I think I will try adding them to my water too, hope I get good results like you have. Sounds like your results have been really positive! Thanks again for writing me about it, I appreciate the tip.
        Skull

Comment

Copy/pasted from the Sugar-free thread for my own record-

WOW. A couple days ago, I just had the most insane sugar craving/binge, and made myself sick. A couple days prior, I gave myself a cheat meal, which turned into a sugar binge as well, and then two days later, epic cheat binge. Both times were waaaay too much sugar. It felt very much like a drug or alcohol craving in that I became single-minded in my focus to satiate the urge. Everything else fell away and became non-existent until I could binge.

Both times I stuffed myself til I was sick and the second time, that night, I kept waking up through the night feeling soo bad- my heart was racing and I had to tell myself to breathe... finally got back to sleep. I am not sure if it was the effects of the sugar itself or the sugar withdrawal. But I am guessing I'm feeling withdrawals today- headache, lethargic, etc. All pretty gross and crappy and pretty disruptive to my day.

This is a warning to myself- sugar really is a drug in its own way and I am addicted. Yes, it's not alcohol or nicotine but I need to work on this. I should expect that sugar cravings will attack and I need to just sit and work through them, not satiate them.
          Yesterday was Day 1 back to sugar/gluten free, today is Day 2.

Comment

Working...
          X