Drink: Ann Dowsett Johnston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a reference to this on a general thread and ordered it. I think all the women here need to read it.

Great book.

Hi, Nancy

I posted a link to an interview with the author a couple days ago; I agree, every woman should take a look (or listen) to what she has to say.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...3-a-81363.html

Comment

Just finished listening to this on audio from the library. Very good information that most of us probably just never have thought of. One of the things I found interesting is that wine was not as popular a drink a couple of decades ago as it is now. A lot of that has to do with marketing more alcohol to women. An untapped market until pretty recently, Just think about it.... You see a lot of alcohol on "mad men" but I hardly ever remember wine. As I was growing up during that era. I remember highballs, not so much wine.

Also wine and drinks like skinny girl, cupcake, middle sister.... All marketing towards the ladies that deserve to unwind as much as men. Good info to think of but not so much self help as a new awareness. I guess it all starts with awareness.

Comment

Working...
      X