Army Thread Thursday 24th October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minion hat's look deadly.Soup sound's lovely,I'll have to try that recipe.

Comment

Cute aren't they. I'll see how I get on.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

The minion beanies do indeed look deadly! :goodjob: I'd never heard of circular knitting needles before.

Re the soup, I usually saute an onion, a couple of cloves of garlic and sometimes a chilli (all chopped of course) in butter first, then tip the veg in and sweat them for 10 mins, then add the stock (Marigold Swiss vegetable bouillon) and the tomatoes if using (usually tinned) and cook for 20 mins or so and then give it all a whizz with a stick blender. A bit basic, but you can use practically any veggies and you always end up with something edible. I find it handy for using up any spare veggies and the calorie count is low too.

Comment

HOW THE FECK ARE YIZ ALL ????
          Ms A - delighted to hear you are on the mend - can't keep a good woman down eh ??
          Molls on Holls - love it !!!:H
          JC how the knittin' going ? Knit me a few bob will ya ?:H
          Chickadee - delighted to see you are still with us :goodjob:
          Amy :l for her injections
          :waving: Piddlepants & Tipps
          :waving: Brainbox Pinky
          Have to read back again see who I missed

Comment

Recluse;1572926 wrote: The minion beanies do indeed look deadly! :goodjob: I'd never heard of circular knitting needles before.

Re the soup, I usually saute an onion, a couple of cloves of garlic and sometimes a chilli (all chopped of course) in butter first, then tip the veg in and sweat them for 10 mins, then add the stock (Marigold Swiss vegetable bouillon) and the tomatoes if using (usually tinned) and cook for 20 mins or so and then give it all a whizz with a stick blender. A bit basic, but you can use practically any veggies and you always end up with something edible. I find it handy for using up any spare veggies and the calorie count is low too.
            Now I'm starving !:H

Comment

Hi Satz,How are you?
              Are you enjoying Breaking Bad?

Comment

:wavin: I've given myself the evening off, so no cooking - especially in the heat. Had a lovely lunch, and the rest all had lamb leg chops left over from last night and a salad. We'll make do with something DIY. I'm thinking toast with banana and Marmite. One of my favourite comfort foods.

Grrrrrrrr.... I've set my tablet to EN(UK) but damn Safari keeps on suggesting Amurrican spelling. Need to double-check the settings.

:goodjob: on the opportunity to publish, Pinkles.

I've only ever heard of circular reasoning. Not knitting. Is Amy getting a garment too, JC? A doggy scarf, maybe? If it's a beanie you'll just have to sew on a little chin strap to keep it in place.

I struggle eating vegetarian soup, Reccie. I usually use chicken stock instead of all veg. Your recipe sounds good, though.

Molls sounds like she's having a blast. My face resembles the color of Bridge's feet after her Listerine experience. Which is green. Or did her feet turn blue?

JC: I thought you worked a half day or summat last week because you were going to work on Saturday? Or is my memory failing me again?

:waving: to the rest of you. I can't remember much else without reading back again. :H. My brain is like a sieve after today. We had less than an hour in total for breaks.
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Eveninks my darlinks,
                  Satz, if I could knit money I'd be a blooming millionaire by now throwing wads of it out of my own helicopter to those in need.

Now I'z confuzzled...............I now do 2 half days instead of one a week but did 3 half days last week so I got today's half day off...........does that make any sense at all.

Bridget's feet are about the funniest thing I've seen on here for a while. What us women do to ourselves in the name of beauty.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

How do Army - what's going on ?
                    Off down under to see what's happended to Bridge & her hoofs ?

Fogot to tell yiz both my little darlings are on the other side of the world today !
                    DD headed over to Oz yesterday.

Was it something I said - do you think ????:H

Comment

Working...
                    X