Getting things off my Chest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone! Thank you to the great poster on here who made me think twice about leaving. The Skype Group is over and done. It was a nice experiment but I see problems already. To the person who I got into last night on there I apologize for what I said. Now I am going to lay some hard stuff on the table. I am 38 and single and screwed up relationships based on drinking. However, I do not need to be talked down to or preached to by people who are divorced and single moms and tell me I have no idea what it's like. Do you know what it has been like for me for 38 years of my life. No because I have kept my personal life private to me on here. Well it's coming out in the open now. I was born with a birth defect. It's called pectus excavatum which means I was born with out a breast bone. Doctor's for years have told me they have no idea how this would effect my life. Because my heart is positioned different than normal people any type of sharp blow to my chest could end my life. So I am always living in fear of the what if. Than add in as a child and a teenager I looked like a freak and got made fun of by everyone. It was always look at that. What's wrong with him? That was when I was little and would have my shirt off at the beach swimming and I developed a complex about it. Thus started depression and the why me feelings. I was so good at sports and in school but looking different than others always bothered me. I felt like I could never be attractive to a woman looking like some freak. And those feelings always seem to be with me. I really love the people on this site. So for those who have always been there for me during a tough patch. I am going to stick around. I can't blame my AL on all of that but I know it was a way I dealt with feeling good about myself. Even if it was just for a little while. I have no idea what my future is. All I know I can do is just keep trying to beat the demon and to realize that my health concerning not having a breast bone means I will always face a uncertain future. In some ways right now I feel liberated opening up to my friends here. Life can be so fun and at times just feel miserable. I will keep battling everyday and be here to support others. At this point I feel it necessary to keep my friendships on MWO in here and no place else. Thank you everyone and I apologize about taking myself out of the skype group. For my sobriety I had to do it.
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Who asked who and who attacked who? Then you deleted me from the SKYPE group, then started on Facebook. I had to delete you there. Then texting went on til 3:23 AM in the freaking morning. You're a idiot and if you think you can belittle this gal...think again buddy. I wasn't going to do this but you don't know when to STOP!!! There....single, working moms...we are all pieces of shit. I have never in my life see such twisted BS.

[12:11:37 AM] Christian Thorson: I will ask you point blank here.
    [12:11:46 AM] Lisa Chapman: what?
    [12:12:31 AM] Christian Thorson: Would you rather stay at home and work and take care of your kids as your man is out working and earning a living for the family?
    [12:12:39 AM] Christian Thorson: I know it sounds sexist
    [12:13:24 AM] Christian Thorson: How come every woman I talk to wants to be home with there kids and dad is out working
    [12:14:01 AM] Lisa Chapman: No I wouldnt because I dont want to be controlled by someone. IF relationships were forever like they used tobe, maybe but they arent. So, if you are up and left behind, what happens to you? I have ALWAYS worked
    [12:14:48 AM] Christian Thorson: Who said it was about controlling someone
    [12:14:56 AM] Lisa Chapman: I worked from home 3 weeks after Brit was born and went back when Zak was 6 weeks. I always made more money than my husband too
    [12:15:12 AM] Lisa Chapman: Because it is. Relationships do not work like that naymore
    [12:15:14 AM] Lisa Chapman: anymore
    [12:15:42 AM] Christian Thorson: They don't work that way because you have in your head they won't work
    [12:16:06 AM] Christian Thorson: I get sick and tired of people whining about this
    [12:16:23 AM] Lisa Chapman: No because that is reality. Why do you think women started working? Because so many women got left behind.
    [12:16:59 AM] Christian Thorson: That's bullshit
    [12:17:02 AM] Lisa Chapman: most of my GFs make more money than than husbands and we ALL work and always have
    [12:17:25 AM] Lisa Chapman: are you trying to fuss with me
    [12:17:41 AM] Christian Thorson: So why are women having 5 kids with 5 different guys than
    [12:17:57 AM] Lisa Chapman: Hell if I know..I have 2 kids by the same man
    [12:18:09 AM] Lisa Chapman: SAme reason MEN are fathering 5 kids I guess
    [12:18:26 AM] Christian Thorson: Why did you let it happen?
    [12:18:35 AM] Christian Thorson: You could have said no.
    [12:18:37 AM] Lisa Chapman: let what happen?
    [12:18:43 AM] Lisa Chapman: I wanted children
    [12:18:56 AM] Christian Thorson: OH....and that's the reason to make a mistake
    [12:19:08 AM] Lisa Chapman: My children are not mistakes
    [12:19:10 AM] Christian Thorson: I want children so I'll just do it
    [12:19:22 AM] Christian Thorson: See you don't get it.
    [12:19:55 AM] Christian Thorson: Men are going to use women for sex and they don't care how they go about it.
    [12:20:10 AM] Lisa Chapman: Youare saying because we dont live in the same house we ont raise our kids together and you are wrong. We soend holidays together attend events together...we divrced we didnt divorce our kids
    [12:20:22 AM] Christian Thorson: Women telling men your not geting it if you don't commit will save all this crap from happening
    [12:20:34 AM] Lisa Chapman: We were married 18 yrs..I hadly thinkI was used for sex
    [12:21:17 AM] Christian Thorson: I don't know. I have a huge disagreement on what you think on this.
    [12:21:46 AM] Lisa Chapman: well since you have never been married and no children...Im not really looking for advise
    [12:22:03 AM] Christian Thorson: I was not giving you any.
    [12:22:27 AM] Christian Thorson: I was just stating what I have seen
    [12:23:04 AM] Lisa Chapman: we can agree to disagree. you are grouping me with someone that has 5 kids by 5 men. I have no idea why anyone would do that frankly. I didnt do that
    [12:24:26 AM] Christian Thorson: Number One I never said you were that person. What I am trying to say is that there is a break down in our culture based upon broken homes. That's it. That is all I am trying to point out.
    [12:24:53 AM] Christian Thorson: I am not singling you out or anyone else.
    [12:26:27 AM] Lisa Chapman: I certainly dont disagree. But,no one gets married thinking they will divorce. We tried it didnt work, we do what is best with what we have now. Does everyone..NO. But, thank God I didnt solely depend on him finanically because Id be up shit creek right now.
    [12:26:58 AM] Christian Thorson: And I understand that.
    [12:27:33 AM] Christian Thorson: You had to do what you had to do.
    [12:28:01 AM] Lisa Chapman: You asked if I would have wanted to stay home..no and thank God I didnt. If I grew-up in the old days SURE, but i didnt
    [12:28:36 AM] Christian Thorson: I apologize I did not mean to make you feel like your a bad wife or anything.
    [12:29:09 AM] Lisa Chapman: Its fine. I wasnt a bad wife. You cant make someone love you or stay
    [12:29:20 AM] Lisa Chapman: if they wanna leave...they will leave
    [12:29:52 AM] Christian Thorson: Yes it is life. You can't be forced to do anything.
    [12:30:19 AM] Christian Thorson: It's not like I am not proud of you for doing it alone. I respect that.
    [12:30:44 AM] Christian Thorson: I just asked a question. Sorry I did.
    [12:30:53 AM] Lisa Chapman: I had 2 kids because iknew id always be able tocare for them alone if i had to. i would have had 4 kids if times were different. i love kids. But, i was a working mom and 2 was all i could give attention to and work. i choose a career that i have been able to work from home for many years.
    [12:31:50 AM] Lisa Chapman: im not alone! he is very active in their lives. We both see them both daily
    [12:31:52 AM] Christian Thorson: See I love hearing passion. I am on your side.
    [12:32:17 AM] Christian Thorson: I am seeing fire from in you. I love it.
    [12:33:10 AM] Lisa Chapman: we divorced not our kids...we are not typical divorced people. our kids are and have always been #1. it was very important to us. I grew-up without my dad because my mom was a better divorcee and he lost his first child cause his ex was bitter. we didnt do that
    [12:34:12 AM] Christian Thorson: Lisa, when I see you fired up. You have to use that inner passion in sobriety.
    [12:34:15 AM] Lisa Chapman: im am very passionate about it. i wish things had been different. they werent.
    [12:34:35 AM] Lisa Chapman: Im bout to cuss your ass out..LOL
    [12:34:48 AM] Christian Thorson: We all wish things were different. Hey life sucks at times. LOL
    [12:34:48 AM] Lisa Chapman: ROFL..gettin me all worked up
    [12:35:16 AM] Lisa Chapman: Crap I feel my face gettin hot LOL
    [12:35:25 AM] Christian Thorson: LOL
    [12:35:44 AM] Christian Thorson: Hey......I didn't mean offense to you okay
    [12:36:09 AM] Lisa Chapman: I just said today on MWO not to let folks in cyber space get you riled up too. ...Im laughing
    [12:36:22 AM] Christian Thorson: So I learned a lot about you today.
    [12:36:33 AM] Christian Thorson: well tonight
    [12:37:44 AM] Lisa Chapman: I suppose so.
    [12:38:31 AM] Lisa Chapman: They are going to read this tomorrow and be like DAMN...we thought one of you was swinging out soon LOL
    [12:39:08 AM] Christian Thorson: Real freinds can be real with each other
    [12:39:39 AM] Lisa Chapman: Im teasing about that and I agree.
    [12:40:07 AM] Christian Thorson: I would give you a big hug right know if i could
    [12:40:44 AM] Christian Thorson: we can disagree but i know we are friends to come back and laugh it out
    [12:41:35 AM] Lisa Chapman: Thats the type of relationship you want? A wife that stays home and cares for the kids? Ya know most men dont want to take care of their family alone anymore.
    [12:42:53 AM] Christian Thorson: I don't know lol
    [12:43:03 AM] Lisa Chapman: As a matter of fact, my children are almost grown but I can assure dating would be nearly impossible if I didnt work.
    [12:43:11 AM] Lisa Chapman: Oh hell
    [12:43:28 AM] Lisa Chapman: You just wanted to get me riled up
    [12:45:30 AM] Christian Thorson: Well. I have always wanted to go to work have my wife at home taking care of the kids me come home play with the kids mow the lawn...fix stuff up around the house take my kids to the park maybe play baseball...
    [12:45:51 AM] Lisa Chapman: i will tell you dating has been an issue for both of us...me and my ex because most people do NOT put their kids first. if someone doesnt accept that our kids come first, they gotta go. we do not fight.
    [12:46:19 AM] Lisa Chapman: the thing too, the kids are only little 5 years, then they go to school
    [12:46:35 AM] Christian Thorson: I get it.
    [12:47:00 AM] Lisa Chapman: if ou work together, you can both take care of everything together.
    [12:48:53 AM] Lisa Chapman: sports, any school activity, all costs money now those things used to be free at school. not anymore. it takes two incomes.
    [12:49:40 AM] Christian Thorson: Good night! I am wore out from this conversation. We can talk about it tomorrow.
    [12:49:54 AM] Lisa Chapman: LOL me too...goodnight
    AF 10/21/2013...ODAT :kudos:

Comment

Yet again! Wow you have some issues! Go away do not talk to me again! Got it!
      Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Finallydone sorry you are in such a disagreement. Not fun. I am glad you're sticking around. I honestly hope you feel better tomorrow.
        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

FD. Take care bud.

Glad you're sticking around. Our sobriety must come first. You will get to where you want to be, and come out the other end smiling.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey finally done. So glad you are staying here no matter what happened with the skype group. We all belong and no one has the right to make you or try to make you feel less than. You've made me smile a number of times and just the fact that you organized the group says a lot about your inclusive personality. For some reason I think your handicap has been more than compensated for by your warmth and vitality. That's the feeling I get from your posts. Controversy will always exist. Just remember that it's usually about them and not about you when hurtful things are said. Xxx
            "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
            Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
            X