Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Sunday 27th October

Good morning, folksies

Poor Mrs. T. Looks like she might have mumps or summat. The area around her ears are swollen, making her look a bit like Bugs Bunny. Off to the doctor with her.

Weekly shop needs to be done. I'll be there at 9, so that I can be finished early. Other than that not much planned. The pool needs a vacuum, but I'll only do that if it's not too hot. The forecast says we can expect it to get up to around 30C.

Have a lekker Sunday, Army.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Tipps, hope Mrs T doesn't have mumps, its horribly painful.

I'm very jealous of your weather, its horrible here. Planning a calm day, may do some cooking but that'll be it. May also head back to bed for an hour or two, this clock adjusting business does me no favours at all though it should make some early starts possible next week - brilliant for the flexi-time off
    AF since 9 December 2012 :yay:

Comment

Morning Army :dunno what the feck time it is :huh::H
      All I know is it's dark outside when it should be brighter .....
      Oh dear Tipps mumps or maybe just swollen glands ? hopefully

Comment

Its far too early to be up on a sunday Satz

Comment

spiderwoman;1574293 wrote: Its far too early to be up on a sunday Satz
          You said it Mrs..... so used to waking at 5 during the week - the 'ol body doesn't know it's Sunday ....
          Ah sure feck it - could be worse - could have a big mutton head from the drink :H

Comment

That's very true, at least waking up at this hour its possible to function these days, I don't have to sit and pour tea into me until I can face the first vino of the day :H

Comment

spiderwoman;1574295 wrote: That's very true, at least waking up at this hour its possible to function these days, I don't have to sit and pour tea into me until I can face the first vino of the day :H
              Oh Gawd Sylv - :yuk:
              it WAS terrible what we put ourselves through.
              1 year on the horizon for you soon - :yay:
              Do your family / friends still ask - WHY you chose to stop drinking ?

Comment

My kids and partner never ask why, they know only too well why it had to happen, extended family and friends do though. At work I am having the big issues, at first they accepted me as somebody who just didn't drink, now Christmas is coming its along the lines of "surely you'll be having a couple, just to be sociable"! Sociable is the last thing I become with booze inside me, it beggars belief that some of them push the point when there are already two alkies on the team, one of whom was suspended for drinking at work last year.

Only Friday a colleague asked if I'd be collapsing in the chair with a bottle of wine, I said yes I'd be collapsing but no wine. His immediate response was intense questioning along the lines of what you never have a drink, not ever. When I said no I don't any more he told me it was a "bit extreme" and all things in moderation and that's what most people outside this forum just don't get, if we could do moderation, we probably wouldn't be here!

Comment

spiderwoman;1574301 wrote: My kids and partner never ask why, they know only too well why it had to happen, extended family and friends do though. At work I am having the big issues, at first they accepted me as somebody who just didn't drink, now Christmas is coming its along the lines of "surely you'll be having a couple, just to be sociable"! Sociable is the last thing I become with booze inside me, it beggars belief that some of them push the point when there are already two alkies on the team, one of whom was suspended for drinking at work last year.

Only Friday a colleague asked if I'd be collapsing in the chair with a bottle of wine, I said yes I'd be collapsing but no wine. His immediate response was intense questioning along the lines of what you never have a drink, not ever. When I said no I don't any more he told me it was a "bit extreme" and all things in moderation and that's what most people outside this forum just don't get, if we could do moderation, we probably wouldn't be here!
                  Well said :thumbsup:
                  My set up almost to a 'T'

There is always the hidden insinuation that you are a weakling because you can't handle yourself & the drink !! Oh then 'whisper whisper' she's got a drink problem - lucky us that CAN handle it !!
                  -Grrrrrrrrrrr !
                  I tell you Sylv work colleagues will never hear that I have a issue with alcohol from me. It's a pride thing. Never will I admit to it to them, give them fodder and be labelled by them.
                  None of their shaggin' business anyhoo.

Comment

BUT I have to be fair and say that when I drank .... if someone said they'd stopped drinking - I'd have been the first to say - uh oh !!!! drink problem .... and wonder what was going on :blush:
                    The Irish are great for drink drink -get it into you ... but when someone then develops a problem - you are on your own - they don't want to know .... don't understand ...... my husband being the main culbrit ...............

Think I'm just here waffling to myself ....... good for the soul to vent on here :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning Tipperoooo, Spidysylve, Satzuma,

Poor Mrs T, she isn't half having a rough trot at the moment. You'd better let us know what it is.................partly concerned but mostly I'm a nosy bint.

Depends which job at at...............the volunteer one all know I have an addiction...it's a bonus as it means I can relate to most of the clients.......... but the paid one just know I don't drink.
                      They know I used to drink and I've given up but if I'm honest I could care less what they think.

Mind you even my little brother said surely I would have a few at his 50th a couple of years back..............duh!! With a Pa that was an alcoholic and a Ma that died through her drinking I just said ............what do you think?
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

See JC t'were none of them there alkos in my family - so i am the renegade - why do I have to be different ? ....LOL:H
                        - well tbh I care what people think & say about me ( even family) prolly too much :upset:

There were no alko problems that were/are spoken about - and I wonder why I don't say anything about mine ???....
                        Maternal grandmother was a raging alko it's now emerging , her husband wasn't much better.
                        My much younger sis in Scotland had 'an episode' some years back that was it was swept under the carpet to protect her & my mother ...... we were away from it and didn't recognise it tbh.
                        Only now I see it for what it was.

My brother is on the 'dodgy' side - don't see him too often - but always a waft of stale alcohol from him when we do meet ....
                        Oh dear-a pretty picture eh ?:H

Comment

Crikey, the alkie problems were swept under the carpet here as well and nobody ever asked why there was such a huge lump in the middle of it.

I often wonder about my Nanna and whether she had a problem..........the fact she had a huge handbag in which she used to carry half a bottle of brandy, 40 Bensons and a large Onyx ashtray which she used to get out when ever she was visiting someone might have been a bit of a clue.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1574328 wrote: Crikey, the alkie problems were swept under the carpet here as well and nobody ever asked why there was such a huge lump in the middle of it.

I often wonder about my Nanna and whether she had a problem..........the fact she had a huge handbag in which she used to carry half a bottle of brandy, 40 Bensons and a large Onyx ashtray which she used to get out when ever she was visiting someone might have been a bit of a clue.
                            LOL :H
                            Did she die young ?

Comment

Where's the rest of this lazy shower JC ???
                              I mean it's ACTUALLY 10.35 :egad:

Comment

Working...
                              X